Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10044
Kitchen sink replacement

Well, another modification was in order. Our 2017 25.3 came with a plastic kitchen sink. The bath sink is stainless steel. The plastic unit didn't match the counter top color well at all and it scratched quite easily.
After a lot of online searching, I ordered a SS unit from Home Depot. Tried to get one that would clear the faucet and hopefully fit the existing hole. Couldn't find any that would fit the existing hole dimensions. Most were undermounts.
This is too but worked perfectly as a top mount.
Very happy with the Home Depot unit. I did have to enlarge the hole by 3/8 inch all the way around. The drain lined up perfectly. It is larger and deeper than the plastic unit. Win, win!
Someone posted an SS IKEA replacement sink unit on this forum. However, we don't have an IKEA near us and the drain would not have lined up as it was in the rear rather than centered.

Happy traveling
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5751.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	8996   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5748.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	8997  

Old 02-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #2

Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomarsh View Post
Well, another modification was in order. Our 2017 25.3 came with a plastic kitchen sink. The bath sink is stainless steel. The plastic unit didn't match the counter top color well at all and it scratched quite easily.
After a lot of online searching, I ordered a SS unit from Home Depot. Tried to get one that would clear the faucet and hopefully fit the existing hole. Couldn't find any that would fit the existing hole dimensions. Most were undermounts.
This is too but worked perfectly as a top mount.
Very happy with the Home Depot unit. I did have to enlarge the hole by 3/8 inch all the way around. The drain lined up perfectly. It is larger and deeper than the plastic unit. Win, win!
Someone posted an SS IKEA replacement sink unit on this forum. However, we don't have an IKEA near us and the drain would not have lined up as it was in the rear rather than centered.

Happy traveling
Very nice! [emoji106]
Old 02-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #3

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Good job! Looks nice. My wife would have wanted a larger square/rectangular sink. Dunno if that would have worked.