Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2018, 12:05 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
here's another one of my fixes,,,, the fold up counter extension.. I was ready to just get rid of it,,, the thing rattles like crazy going down the road... so I got some felt bumpers and de-rattled it... I also screwd a little block to the underside and used Velcro to keep it in the down position..now, no more rattles and it stays secure in the down position..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04398.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	11735  

Old 07-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #22

THOR #12329
the bath area didn't need much, and we really like the 2 doors that open it up to a nice dressing area..I added a towel bar to the top of the shower to put wet swim wear, and a shampoo-soap rack to keep stuff where it goes,,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04401.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	11738  
Old 07-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #23

THOR #12329
My next mod will be the sumo's, I'll take pics when I do it as I do not install them per sumo's instruction,, and I get way better results... that and I'm gonna re do the exhaust tail pipe, probley go with a custom black tip also..

One of the don't likes Is the stock radio....I usually chage those out to have GPS-NAV and play DVD's... but the stock one is linked to the 3 cameras...so still scratch'n my head on that thought..but I wanna end up with GPS... so we will see what I can do..
Old 07-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
do you have any pics???and after installed, how high from the floor? I have bought stuff from them before and usually the have sofa's for the raised floor..that and what color did you get?.. thanks, V24.1
LOL posted some pics in post #18.

I can add some more:

Here is the beginning of the installation (on our Axis the two tables are stored in a rack behind the couch--I know they moved them on later model years).

Name:	2017-09-30 09.34.05.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	11741
The original holes for the table pipes wouldn't work because the pipes in the two forward holes hit the chair when its reclined. You can also see the two plugs that were added for the chairs.

Name:	2017-10-03 15.38.16.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	11740
Thus two new holes were drilled moving the pipes further back.

Name:	2017-10-03 15.43.42.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	11742
All done:

Name:	2017-10-03 15.38.36.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	11743

I got the "chocolate" color--they sent me some free samples--the chocolate color was almost dead on to the color on the old couch and front seats.

For height off the floor I'd have to measure--don't keep the RV at the house so the next time I'm there (probably Saturday have to clean a bunch of dirt road mud off).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #25
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yup the Monaco's work fine:
Attachment 11732
Attachment 11733

When I measured the couch it was/is 68" between the cupholder armrests.
Jamie...thank you for sharing the photos...we have been kicking around changing out the sofa for the recliners. Seeing that you have made this upgrade, makes us sure we want to go this direction. Did you do the install yourself? At one time, not too long ago, Ron would have jumped at doing the install himself, with an extra pair of hands...now, not so sure he can do it.
In his minds eye, he is still 55 and can do anything...now his body sez….ah..don't even go there !

Enjoy while you can !!

k
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #26
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Jamie...thank you for sharing the photos...we have been kicking around changing out the sofa for the recliners. Seeing that you have made this upgrade, makes us sure we want to go this direction. Did you do the install yourself? At one time, not too long ago, Ron would have jumped at doing the install himself, with an extra pair of hands...now, not so sure he can do it.
In his minds eye, he is still 55 and can do anything...now his body sez….ah..don't even go there !

Enjoy while you can !!

k
No I didn't do the install. The storage lot where we keep the RV is also an auto restoration business. The mechanics that work there offer up their services to the RV owners. Its great, just call them and "hey could you install a couch?" "sure no problem, just ship it here" (In addition: the shop4seats guys said that they will only ship the couch to a location that has a fork lift to get it off the truck.)

After seeing how it is installed I'm pretty sure I could have done it...except for having a fork lift handy LOL.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #27
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
No I didn't do the install. The storage lot where we keep the RV is also an auto restoration business. The mechanics that work there offer up their services to the RV owners. Its great, just call them and "hey could you install a couch?" "sure no problem, just ship it here" (In addition: the shop4seats guys said that they will only ship the couch to a location that has a fork lift to get it off the truck.)

After seeing how it is installed I'm pretty sure I could have done it...except for having a fork lift handy LOL.
Thank YOU Jamie...good to know. Whew ! That makes it easy to tell Ron he cannot do the install !!
Happy day !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 07-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #28

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Thank YOU Jamie...good to know. Whew ! That makes it easy to tell Ron he cannot do the install !!
Happy day !
R&K,
FYI, we bought the same unit which I picked up directly from their factory/store/showroom in LaHabra, CA. I had our local RV service center (Redlands Truck and RV) install ours. Got the same chocolate color which matches the front seats very well. The way it was installed the two closest table pipes barely touch the back of the reclined seat. I found it was really not an issue but wanted to make sure so I put two heavy socks over them and then a PVC cap on top of the socks. Seems like it doesn't scratch the back of the recliner at all so I left it as is. Very happy we made the switch. We went for the base model and find that once you release the recliner latch sometimes you have to give the foot rest some help to first get it to recline.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #29
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
R&K,
FYI, we bought the same unit which I picked up directly from their factory/store/showroom in LaHabra, CA. I had our local RV service center (Redlands Truck and RV) install ours. Got the same chocolate color which matches the front seats very well. The way it was installed the two closest table pipes barely touch the back of the reclined seat. I found it was really not an issue but wanted to make sure so I put two heavy socks over them and then a PVC cap on top of the socks. Seems like it doesn't scratch the back of the recliner at all so I left it as is. Very happy we made the switch. We went for the base model and find that once you release the recliner latch sometimes you have to give the foot rest some help to first get it to recline.
THANK YOU for the additional info !! We forget that the table and posts are behind the sofa, as we never use them ! We have a couple small wood, folding, tables which serve us well, inside and outside.
Appears our biggest challenge is to find a place to have it shipped/installed..
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 08-04-2018, 07:11 PM   #30

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
The very first thing I did, was to remove all the Easter egg stripes,.. it's a personal thing for me... I hate the sticker stripes, they don't last in the desert sun, if you leave them on too long they with cause ghosting on the gel coat,.. real happy with the quality of the gel coat walls... super smooth and shiny,
vegasruv24.1 - I really like the "stripped down" look on your Vegas! Our Hurricane has lots of swirls, too, and I've often wondered what it would look like "naked." Hubby is NOT on board with removing the swirls at this moment. Maybe down the road a few years, if/when the decals start lifting or peeling off, he might change his mind.

You've done a really nice job on all the mods!

Eileen in AZ
Old 08-05-2018, 02:21 AM   #31
vkb

THOR #3510
[QUOTE=neeliec;135975]vegasruv24.1 - I really like the "stripped down" look on your Vegas! Our Hurricane has lots of swirls, too, and I've often wondered what it would look like "naked." Hubby is NOT on board with removing the swirls at this moment. Maybe down the road a few years, if/when the decals start lifting or peeling off, he might change his mind.

Eileen in AZ[/QUOTE

Eileen...I believe he or someone else made the comment...if you strip off the graphics on your RV … you should do it right after you purchase it...because, if you wait a few years to do it, you will find a 'ghost' under it where the paint has faded and has not under the graphic.

k
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 08-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #32

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
vegasruv24.1 - I really like the "stripped down" look on your Vegas! Our Hurricane has lots of swirls, too, and I've often wondered what it would look like "naked." Hubby is NOT on board with removing the swirls at this moment. Maybe down the road a few years, if/when the decals start lifting or peeling off, he might change his mind.

Eileen in AZ
thanks, a lot is gonna depend on if the coach is under shade or in a garage, we have houses in havasu and vegas… both too hot to leave the coach outside
Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #33

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Kentucky
THOR #9694
Vegas mods

Was It hard to replace the old sofa with the new? We are considering the Monaco for our Axis 24.1
Old 08-07-2018, 12:31 AM   #34

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Kentucky
THOR #9694
Was getting the old sofa out and the new one in difficult?
Old 08-07-2018, 02:05 AM   #35

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10872
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswoodson View Post
Was getting the old sofa out and the new one in difficult?
We've replaced the couch with RecPro recliners in our Thor Vegas 24.1. Uninstalling the couch was pretty easy. We did need to extend the slide to provide enough floor space for the recliners. We did a write up on our blog with lots of pictures. http://www.offourrockerrv.com/adventures/recliners/

www.offourrockerrv.com
Off Our Rocker RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #36
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Our Rocker RV View Post
We've replaced the couch with RecPro recliners in our Thor Vegas 24.1. Uninstalling the couch was pretty easy. We did need to extend the slide to provide enough floor space for the recliners. We did a write up on our blog with lots of pictures. RecPro Recliners Upgrade – Off Our Rocker RV

NICE ! which model did you use for the install ? I see several !
Thank you !
disregard … I see the model you installed in your blog !
k
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 08-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #37

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10872
Quote:
NICE ! which model did you use for the install ? I see several !
Thank you !
disregard … I see the model you installed in your blog !
k
We are really enjoying the new recliners as we slowly break them in. They are able to be fully reclined even with the slide in. Don't forget to use our discount code to get an additional 5%off if you order directly from RecPro. OORRV5 or just tell them Off Our Rocker RV sent you.

www.offourrockerrv.com
Off Our Rocker RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #38

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
How did you go about adding the outlet? I could use another or so but never thought about doing it myself.

Quote:
another mod, we didn't have a 120v plug where we put our coffee pot and crock pot,and the lift up extension goes right out in the front door opening... so I added a plug on the counter top...
I also turned the cabinet handle so it doubles as a hand towel rack...
Old 08-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #39

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
Get on RecPro’s mailing list. I have seen them offer as much as 15% off. I got 12% and was pretty happy with the price. Very happy with the recliners.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #40

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
..I added a towel bar to the top of the shower to put wet swim wear, and a shampoo-soap rack to keep stuff where it goes,
We did the same, but with a smaller rack hanging right on the added curtain bar. It's nice that the tension bar is able to sit on top of the shower-surround, keeping it from dropping down during travel. My sister's Leisure Travel Van class B+ can't use a bar in the shower, as the shower walls are tapered inwards going up. No matter what you do, short of permanently attaching, that bar will always inch down, and in her case, that meant hanging clothing plunging into the kitty litter box...
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote