Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Missouri
THOR #7949
Is it possible to run an HDMI Cable from Dish box in living area to Bedroom

We have a 2018 Thor ACE 30.4. We have the Dish Wally and the Playmaker that only has hook ups for one cable connection to the back of the Wally receiver. I have a 3 HDMI splitter that I am hooking up to the Wally from the outside HDMI cable that comes the outside TV and the large living room TV so I can watch Dish either outside or inside. My question is I know the bedroom tv is connected to a HDMI inlet that is on the left hand side of the bed (if laying in it) that has four USB inlets next to it. So how do you run a long HDMI cable through the hole behind the large tv in the living room which i believes comes out underneath the cabinet in the bathroom (while sitting down look left under the shelf). I think it might be possible to get to that area, but is there another area to get to the back tv so I could hook the HDMI cable that i will buy so i could watch Dish at three different locations. I understand it will be the same station. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Tim Barrett

Old 05-24-2018, 03:40 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #8264
I am a little confused by what you are trying to do (normal for me).I can only speak with certainty for my 29M. I have an hdmi swichbox in my upper cabinet, hopefully you do as well. The switchbox is connected to all 3tvs and has hdmi inputs and three outputs. If you plug the output from your Wally into that switchbox it will feed all of your tvs at the same time. Just make sure you set your tvs to the appropriate hdmi input. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:27 AM   #3

Model: Thor ACE 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Nevada
THOR #5275
I have the ACE 30.2 and the Wally/ playmaker setup. My Ace had two HDMI runs to the living room and outside TV. Each of these two runs terminated in the cabinet above the couch opposite the Living room TV.

I also desired to have satellite in the bedroom and bunk beds. What I did was traced the route of the living room hdmi cable. It took a path behind the kitchen close to the bedroom. I pulled the cable back and installed an HDMI splitter under the bunk. Then I ran new HDMI cables to the living room, bedroom and 2 bunks. I put an HDMI switchbox in the original AV cabinet with the Wally, Apple TV and DVD player. You can watch the same channel on all the inside TVs and another source outside. Another benefit is the Wally will allow 2 remotes to be configured per box. I keep one remote up front and one In the bedroom. It works great HD on all 5 displays.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:04 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
My 29M only has the HDMI cables to the front and outside TV. I wonder if Thor forgot something on mine.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:11 AM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #11928
I have similar concerns with my 2018 Axis 24.1. I was very disappointed to find that each tv has a short HDMI cable attached in it's respective area, but no routing to a common HDMI connection point/switch to enable connecting all three to my DISH sat box!

I would have to run a HDMI cable out my kitchen window down to the outside TV to have it and the living room sets connected, but it would be just about impossible to route back to the bedroom tv.

My sat box output does have a coax output that I can feed back out thru the kitchen window, then plug in to the external cable connection. By having the bedroom and external sets selecting "cable" rather than HDMI source, it will give me low resolution on the external and bedroom sets...but that is not my goal!!
Old 05-20-2020, 04:00 PM   #6

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propwash View Post
I have similar concerns with my 2018 Axis 24.1. I was very disappointed to find that each tv has a short HDMI cable attached in it's respective area, but no routing to a common HDMI connection point/switch to enable connecting all three to my DISH sat box!

I would have to run a HDMI cable out my kitchen window down to the outside TV to have it and the living room sets connected, but it would be just about impossible to route back to the bedroom tv.

My sat box output does have a coax output that I can feed back out thru the kitchen window, then plug in to the external cable connection. By having the bedroom and external sets selecting "cable" rather than HDMI source, it will give me low resolution on the external and bedroom sets...but that is not my goal!!
Not sure if you’re still interested in performing an HDMI run from living room/kitchen cabinet to the other two TVs in your 24.1.

I completed this feat.

1) get a 3-way HDMI splitter

2) need to remove the microwave to gain access to run the HDMI across and down

3) once micro cavity is accessible, you can fish-line a 12’ HDMI cable down the side wall to the under-sink access for outdoor tv connection

4) the rear TV is a bit of a challenge. Get a 25’ HDMI cable. From the living room/kitchen cabinet, go across the passenger side wall. Behind micro, behind fridge, into the upper U cabinets across back to the cabinet next to bedroom
TV. Then use an “A/B” HDMI switch so that you can still use your DVD player.

The TV coax remains in place so that you can still use over-the-air channels as well.

I just love the set-up as all three TVs can display DISH Wally programming, or watch a DVD, or watch over-the-air
Old 05-20-2020, 06:35 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
If your receiver and TVs are RVU capable then you only need a power cord to connect them.

RVU (pronounced R View) is a software protocol that permits a source, such as a satellite DVR, to send television network programming to your HDTV without a cable. The only wire you’ll need to see your favorite programs on a RVU compatible HDTV is the power cord.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #8

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #11928
Thanks much for the info. Figured I would have to route new HDMI cables. Just didn't look to easy to do!

Paul