Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #41
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
KC,

Not sure Thor will be able to help with the renaming. Rapid Camp is actually Thor's name for a Lippert system. LCI might be able to provide instructions on how to rename items.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Michigan
THOR #2628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
KC,

Not sure Thor will be able to help with the renaming. Rapid Camp is actually Thor's name for a Lippert system. LCI might be able to provide instructions on how to rename items.
They might be able to point me in the right direction

KC
Old 09-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #43

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Just wish mine worked all the time.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #44

Model: Chateau 31w
State: California
THOR #1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
Just wish mine worked all the time.
Yes, I have to be careful while holding down the buttons because the slightest bit of movement or even a small change of pressure will stop the task it's performing.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:23 PM   #45

State: Arizona
THOR #5028
Rapid Camp item name change

Out on our maiden voyage or our Chateau and trying to figure things out. I was able to change the names on the slides from Slide 1 and 2 to Bedroom Slide and Main Slide. They have a long list you can select when you go into configure mode. Just press the on button five times prior to entering your pin code and you will see the key icon change to Config. Press and and have fun.
It's not the most intuitive unit but its not too bad.
I'm still searching for my main receiver too since everything works except the levelers. I'm guessing the dealer just didn't configure it.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:25 AM   #46

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
Our Rapid Camp system would not work at all. I checked and found a wire disconnected under the bed. I believe that is where the receiver is located on a Chateau 35SK.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #47

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
The only advantage to using the RapidCamp, that I have found, is the ability to open the slides while watching them open when you are close to some possible obstructions. Otherwise, I have not used it for anything else and do not see the need.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:57 PM   #48
Site Team

THOR #1469
Just for the heck of it I tried out the Rapid Camp a few weeks ago. When extending a slide the remote lost the signal midway through the extension. The same thing happened when deploying the awning. The system totally lost power when I tried retracting the awning. The remote is once again in its holder on the wall where it will stay until we need to knock off the cob webs.

IMHO it is not worth the possibility of slide issues due to not fully extending or retracting the slide.

As a note, the reason I was trying it out is I adjusted the pitch on my awning (2 positions/clicks low on the rear) and wanted to watch it retracting so I could make sure the awning did not hit the slide topper when the slide was extended. Awning pitch is fine and will remain 2 clicks low in the rear.
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #49

State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Just for the heck of it I tried out the Rapid Camp a few weeks ago. When extending a slide the remote lost the signal midway through the extension. The same thing happened when deploying the awning. The system totally lost power when I tried retracting the awning. The remote is once again in its holder on the wall where it will stay until we need to knock off the cob webs.

IMHO it is not worth the possibility of slide issues due to not fully extending or retracting the slide.

As a note, the reason I was trying it out is I adjusted the pitch on my awning (2 positions/clicks low on the rear) and wanted to watch it retracting so I could make sure the awning did not hit the slide topper when the slide was extended. Awning pitch is fine and will remain 2 clicks low in the rear.
I have run into the same issue. I use it occasionally for the awning and have also used it for the auto level. I won't use it for the slides for the same reason you gave. I could also turn the porch light on or off but found that if I turn it on with the remote I also have to turn it off with the remote.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:32 AM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2858
I'd like to see Thor dump Rapid Camp and replace it with the Keystone iN*Command system which is a much better system. Should be easy since Thor owns Keystone.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #51

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
We got to learn a LOT more about the Rapid Camp System than we ever wanted to know when all slides, awnings and overhead bunk stopped working. Not good. I wrote up the info here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...king-5353.html.

Other than using RCS for close quartered slide extensions, RCS is simply another electronic failure point. And the controller board, receiver and relay are hidden away under the master bed.

All I can say after that exercise is UUGGHH!!
Old 11-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #52
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I'd like to see Thor dump Rapid Camp and replace it with the Keystone iN*Command system which is a much better system. Should be easy since Thor owns Keystone.
Thor may own Keystone but they don't own or manufacture iN Command. That system is owned and manufactured by ASA Electronics who also give you Jensen and Voyager.
FMCA - F432054
Old 11-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #53

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I've used mine to open and close the awning a couple of times, just playing, probably won't use it again.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:16 AM   #54

THOR #2858
Quote:
Thor may own Keystone but they don't own or manufacture iN Command. That system is owned and manufactured by ASA Electronics who also give you Jensen and Voyager.
That's true but Thor corporate could put iN*Connand on other RVs in the company line as I doubt that the contract between ASA and Thor Keystone is prohibits Thor corporate from doing that.

If you compare RapidCamp and iN*Command there is no comparison as iN*Command is by far the superior product.

Most likely Thor is using Keystone to basically be the test line for iN*Command and will roll out it to other lines in the future.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:14 AM   #55

Model: Windsport 34P
THOR #5941
I threw away my rapid crap controller. Total waste of time. It's a checkbox thing for Thor. Yes we have it, but it works like crap. Kinda like the Axxera radio.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #56

State: Florida
THOR #5159
Rpoutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyclaw View Post
I have the rapid camp system on my 2015 Outlaw. It doesn't look like it would be too hard to add. It appears to be a module with some extra fuses hidden away next to the converter and inverter on my unit. The module is pretty small - about 9 x 7, 2" tall.

It's not labeled, so I could be completely off base but I think this is it. The hardest part may be finding the unit (can you buy from LCI?) and getting it installed correctly.
I bought a 2016 Outlaw with rapid camp. The first week leveling jacks quit with error message to return to dealer. They replaced circuit board and remote for one without leveler and poarch lite. I liked the leveler for loading a trike. They told me the leveling function is defective and discontinued. No compensation is available. Dealer states it is thors problem, thor states it is lipperts problem. Caint win.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #57

THOR #5159
Rpoutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffluff View Post
Out on our maiden voyage or our Chateau and trying to figure things out. I was able to change the names on the slides from Slide 1 and 2 to Bedroom Slide and Main Slide. They have a long list you can select when you go into configure mode. Just press the on button five times prior to entering your pin code and you will see the key icon change to Config. Press and and have fun.
It's not the most intuitive unit but its not too bad.
I'm still searching for my main receiver too since everything works except the levelers. I'm guessing the dealer just didn't configure it.
It is discontinued in leveler fuction.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #58
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
I seldom use mine. It seems that it wants to stop working on the middle of an activity. For example, putting out the awning I press and hol the extend button. Awning starts out and then stops even though the button is still pressed. After all I have read on this forum about not putting slides out halfway and then stopping I sure won't use it to put out the slides if it is going to stop part way out.
Probably because your keeping the button pushed. On mine push the button once and the awning comes all the way out.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #59
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPOUTLAW View Post
It is discontinued in leveler fuction.
I have a 2018 and it works the leveler system.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #60

State: Arizona
THOR #5028
I got the leveler to work in rapid camp, you just have to set the leveler to manual, then remote works great.