Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Texas
THOR #12722
Centramatic Balancers

Has anybody installed Centramatic Balancers on their tires? If so did you notice any differences? I'm looking at balancing beads vs Centramatic Balancers. Beads are cheaper but Centramatic Balancers are a one time install. Truck tire shop wants $35 to dismount and reinstall and $35 to spin balance per tire....

Old 06-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I knew some folks who used them on their bikes, and they loved them...

But for the money (IMHO):
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
I tried the beads on my front tires and although they helped some, they were a PITA to install. So I bit the bullet and bought the centramatics for the front and installed them myself. In my experience they work much better than the beads; maybe I needed more beads?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #4

THOR #12722
The cost is a one time upfront, so your tires always stay balance which is a strong selling point to me. My brother is a truck driver and he swears by them. Just wanted to hear what people that have use them on their RV thinks about them.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #12635
I have the Centamatics on my Goldwing, been using them for 13 years. Best product I've ever got for the tires/wheels. I've never balanced the tires since putting them on and get about 20% more tread life. big selling point for me was that they start working at about 5 mph and keep the tires balanced as all speeds. Weight balancing at set for a certain speed and your tires are only balanced at the speed, normally 55 to 65 mph..

And yes there are on the list of upgrades to the Vegas...
Good Sam Member 855452801
Sk8nmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #6

THOR #12722
I did buy a set for front and back. Centramatic has excellent customer service. I even got a follow up call a few days after I received them. I got them the next day after I ordered them and I installed them the following day. Took it on a test run. I can tell a difference. Even though I had my front tires balanced I could still feel a vibration at certain speeds, so I'm pretty excited to get back on the road and see how they do. There is a 30 day money back guarantee and they have a warranty for 5 years. Will have a better ideal on how much of an improvement once we take another trip. Right now were being cations due to the unrest in our country.