Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #14588
Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus

Hi!! I own a 2019 Thor Miramar 35.2 and love it. That said I have noticed the reviews on steering and suggestions to install a steering stabilizer. I've ordered and have a stabilizer ready for my F53 frame. That said, that's what I did and received a Roadmaster steering stabilizer. Great name in the business. My question is about Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus. Do they both preform equally?? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I put a Saf-T-Plus on my Hurricane and it works great. Steering had no 'feel' prior to install, now it does.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alberta
THOR #2791
+ Caster, the organic steering stabilizer

Alignment - Caster is Key? - Forest River Forums

POPULAR MECHANICS MAY 1973:
START QUOTE:
If too little caster exists, the car will wander and weave,
thus necessitating constant corrections in steering.
END QUOTE:
Old 04-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcstroll View Post
Hi!! I own a 2019 Thor Miramar 35.2 and love it. That said I have noticed the reviews on steering and suggestions to install a steering stabilizer. I've ordered and have a stabilizer ready for my F53 frame. That said, that's what I did and received a Roadmaster steering stabilizer. Great name in the business. My question is about Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus. Do they both preform equally?? Thanks in advance.
They were not equal but very close... when I used them both.
1) both are center biased
2) RSS easier adjust
3) STP heavier dampening

Typically heavy dampening is translated into more driver's comfort - just know, that bliss isn't always the safest or best thing when piloting a heavy loaded rig! RSS was a pretty good in-between OEM and STP. Personally, I didn't like center bias because I seldom travel primary highways so I ended up with other stabilizer choice.

Understand that heavier dampening doesn't mean safer ... chuckle ... even when compared to the stock OEM stabilizer
Old 04-08-2019, 08:33 PM   #5

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcstroll View Post

I have the Roadmaster and like it. I have never driven a rig with the Safe-T-Plus so they may be better.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:58 PM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Roadmaster vs Safe-T-Plus

I installed the Roadmaster on my Clss C E-450. It was less expensive but only had a 2 year warranty. It also was an easy DIY install.

I could tell the unit tracked straighter and was easier to keep in its lane versus the stock damper right away.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:37 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #11774
I went with the Safe-T- Plus on my Hurricane 29M and have been very happy with it.

One reason for me picking it (other than reputation and reviews) is they are located close to me in the Atlanta area. I purchased directly from them and they did the installation for free.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #8

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I put a Safe T Plus on my class C after a scary issue with a front wheel dropping off the edge of the pavement. Liked it fine but never tested its effectiveness in an emergency. When I traded on a Class A I bought the Roadmaster mostly because it’s cheaper and I generally find Roadmaster products to be excellent. I like it just fine too. Did my own installation in both cases and it’s pretty easy. On the F53 you need a deep well 1 1/8 inch socket and a decent size breaker bar. In my opinion there is no functional difference between the two products.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #9

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #14588
Thanks to all. Gives me peace of mind.