Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Sewer hose storage

I bought one of those sewer hose storage pipes at CW last time I was there. After looking for a good place to put it, I finally decided to mount its on the rear bumper. I just have it snug in there right now with some heavy duty tie wraps, but will mount it permanently to the frame if I like it. I will also add another one right next to it for my other hose. Photo is hard to see, but down on the bumper, bottom left you can see the cap for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	494  

Old 06-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #2

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
That is similar to what I did on our 2015 ACE 30.1. Works very well for me. Jim.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #3

THOR #1599
Hey Jim, did you screw yours into the frame, or strap then on with some type of bracket?
Old 06-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #4

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
I just used some heavy duty straps and used them to tie it to the frame. Sorry, I am technicaly chalenged so no pictures. I turned the tube so the built in feet were against the frame and mounted to the passenger side frame rail. I also angled it so the rear is the lowest point and the cap just peeks out from under the bumper. I actually mounted a shorter tube on the driver side rail the same way except horizontal. This is my "extra" sewer hose just in case there is a long run to the hook up or I damage my main hose. This one is harder to acess but I have never yet had to use it so not a problem. Jim.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Like many of you, I bought a second "shortie" stinky slinky for the dump station as many times, I don't need a 10ft'er, and a shorter one makes it a lot easier.

But where to put it?

I had originally thought of just drilling a hole in the side of the coach and installing one of those doors, like this:

I still may do this, but I found that I can put both the 10ft and 5ft hoses into the 4" square tube bumper on my coach. I put the 5ft'er in front and the 10ft'er I can get to from the passenger side of the coach if I need it.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #6

THOR #1599
I am going to add a second tube also, I carry two hoses because I have a mid grey tank also....but lately I have found it easier to just leave that tank closed, and move to hose over to dump it when needed.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
Like many of you, I bought a second "shortie" stinky slinky for the dump station as many times, I don't need a 10ft'er, and a shorter one makes it a lot easier.

But where to put it?

I had originally thought of just drilling a hole in the side of the coach and installing one of those doors, like this:

I still may do this, but I found that I can put both the 10ft and 5ft hoses into the 4" square tube bumper on my coach. I put the 5ft'er in front and the 10ft'er I can get to from the passenger side of the coach if I need it.
Not sure about the length of you bumper, but on my prior SunSeeker I was able to get 2 ten foot hoses connected end to end in the bumper.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #8

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
I am going to add a second tube also, I carry two hoses because I have a mid grey tank also....but lately I have found it easier to just leave that tank closed, and move to hose over to dump it when needed.
If you have the bath & 1/2 like we do on our 34E that front tank is a black/grey combo tank since the kitchen sink, bath sink and toilet all dump into the same tank.
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #9

State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
I bought one of those sewer hose storage pipes at CW last time I was there. After looking for a good place to put it, I finally decided to mount its on the rear bumper.....

Nice!

I was wondering where to install those tubes when they were on sale at CW! I found some spots that involved having to crawl under the coach to get to them!

I think I will assimilate your wisdom onto my hitch!

The hoses have lived in the left front storage bay, taking up the entire bay in a bin. Now an entire storage bay will be liberated!!

Update: Just checked the little skid-plates on the hitch. Apparently at some time I have driven down some steep driveways because the steel is a little scraped. That may lead to lost hoses if the tube gets accidentally crushed, perhaps?

Old 06-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #10

THOR #1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Saran View Post
If you have the bath & 1/2 like we do on our 34E that front tank is a black/grey combo tank since the kitchen sink, bath sink and toilet all dump into the same tank.
That's why I have started to leave that grey tank closed...that way I get a better/cleaner dump probably since it is combined grey and black tank!,
San Antonio, Tx
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote