Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2019, 01:02 AM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #10797
Speakers in bedroom slideout

The speakers over my bed are connected to the in dash radio. We never listen to the radio in bed so l would like to connect them to the bedroom tv. I have a 2016 Thor Palazzo with the full wall slide on the driver's side (where the tv is mounted) and a smaller bedroom slide opposite (where the speakers are. Where do the wires run and how hard will it be to do this? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:37 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldazgrouch View Post
The speakers over my bed are connected to the in dash radio. We never listen to the radio in bed so l would like to connect them to the bedroom tv. I have a 2016 Thor Palazzo with the full wall slide on the driver's side (where the tv is mounted) and a smaller bedroom slide opposite (where the speakers are. Where do the wires run and how hard will it be to do this? Any other suggestions are appreciated.
I know some TV speakers these days lack quality and need to have reinforcement by external sources. (ie the bedroom speakers in your case) Even if you find the wires for the spkrs, they require 12v dc. Then you would have to route the speaker wires towards the TV and then somehow hook those to an audio output. I understand the idea of repurposing those speakers, but it may be easier to utilize Bluetooth speaker. I have a 2009 40” JVC LCD that I bought during the TV digital conversion for $1200 and the sound is unbelievable from the built in speakers. This TV started in our family room and is in our garage. These days you can get TVs way cheaper than that and much bigger and fancier being ‘smart’ but they seriously lack audio quality and need ‘help’ via external sources.

Hope this helps
JJ
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote