Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Sprayer for toilet

Yesterday I added a sprayer for the toilet bowl for those times when a regular flush doesn't completely clean it. We had one in a Winnebago Aspect some years ago and it was a great and handy feature.
(Wish we still had that Winnebago, given all the problems we've had with this Thor Axis.)
So, I bought a standard kitchen sink sprayer with a 3' hose, a 3/8" 'T' fitting and 3 small stainless hose clamps. Located the water lines in bottom of the bathroom sink cabinet. Cut the cold water line and installed the 'T' fitting. (Be sure water pump is off and no outside water is connected to the RV before cutting the cold water line.) Drilled a 5/8" hole in toilet side of the sink cabinet for the sprayer hose and attached it to the 'T' fitting. From a scrap of wood, I made a block for the sprayer holder and attached it to a shelf behind the toilet.
Materials cost about $22. and took about 3 hours time, including a few breaks because I'm OLD.
See pic's for details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet sprayer1.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	14561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet sprayer2.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	14562  

Name:	Toilet sprayer3.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	14563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet sprayer4.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	14564  

Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
GREAT job!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1544642672
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gunny 02.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	14565  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thats a great Idea. I thought about adding something like this to mine someday but just use the water supply that goes to the toilet (My sink is across the hall way on my floor plan so I dont have much choice on water supply).
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #4

THOR #4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Thats a great Idea. I thought about adding something like this to mine someday but just use the water supply that goes to the toilet (My sink is across the hall way on my floor plan so I dont have much choice on water supply).
It would have been easier to put the 'T' in the toilet's water line but since the cabinet was so close, I thought hiding the connections in bottom of sink cabinet, with all the other water lines, made for a neater instillation.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:14 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
When we get the new rig home: this'll be one of the first "adjustments" that I take a look at...
Old 12-13-2018, 12:09 AM   #6

THOR #1249
I added a sprayer to our toilet a couple of years ago. Took about 10 min's. On the bottom of the valve located at the back of the toilet, there is a blind plastic nipple pointing straight down made especially for a hose addition. I had to cut the blind end of to open it to the water pressure, but in the video link below, it looks like there is a removable plug. You may have to use a mirror to get a good look at the valve area back there as it is usually close to the wall.

As the Chief said, just get you a sprayer and hose from supply store and a clamp and you are in business. The pressure to the sprayer only comes on when you are flushing.

I found the instructions on a kit when looking at
a sprayer kit in a camping store. The second half of the 50 sec. video below will show the nipple, hose and clamp. You don't have to use an RV hose kit.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:26 AM   #7

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
I added a sprayer to our toilet a couple of years ago. Took about 10 min's. On the bottom of the valve located at the back of the toilet, there is a blind plastic nipple pointing straight down made especially for a hose addition. I had to cut the blind end of to open it to the water pressure, but in the video link below, it looks like there is a removable plug. You may have to use a mirror to get a good look at the valve area back there...snip...
Ditto. I bought a kitchen spray hose and cut off the female connector. Then cut off the end of the nipple, slid the hose over and secured with a hose clamp. It works great.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #8

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Love this idea. Cliff replaced the original shower sprayer with a better shower head and a longer hose that reaches the bowl. If he wasn't able to upgrade and repair our third, it would spend more time parked in the yard and less time on the road.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #9

THOR #4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
I added a sprayer to our toilet a couple of years ago. Took about 10 min's. On the bottom of the valve located at the back of the toilet, there is a blind plastic nipple pointing straight down made especially for a hose addition. I had to cut the blind end of to open it to the water pressure, but in the video link below, it looks like there is a removable plug. You may have to use a mirror to get a good look at the valve area back there as it is usually close to the wall.

As the Chief said, just get you a sprayer and hose from supply store and a clamp and you are in business. The pressure to the sprayer only comes on when you are flushing.

I found the instructions on a kit when looking at
a sprayer kit in a camping store. The second half of the 50 sec. video below will show the nipple, hose and clamp. You don't have to use an RV hose kit.
I didn't know about the nipple on back of the toilet connector. Checked our Axis and it has one too. Thanks for that info. Would have been a much easier connection to have used it. That said, I think I'll get more water pressure to the sprayer by not sharing it with the flush function, especially when using the on-board water pump. By not sharing the available water pressure with the flush, I'll get 100% to the sprayer. This would not likely be an issue if connected to shore water.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I like the idea of that 2 1/2" riser... The less I drop down: the less I have to climb back up to standing!
Old 12-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #11

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I like the idea of that 2 1/2" riser... The less I drop down: the less I have to climb back up to standing!
Bob; Don't go running off to buy one , but if you had a Vegas or Axis, you would have a high seat right off stock. I think toilet base is about 4" above the bathroom floor. Thor must have had to raise for some clearance.

Chief; You are right about the water press. to the sprayer being less coming off the toilet valve. Not as strong as I would like.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #12

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
This is probably the coolest and most useful mod I've seen yet!!! I gotta have one! Now, washing my hair in toilet just became an easy task.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
And you'll even be able to sell tickets for THAT!
Old 12-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #14

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Talking Can't resist a reply ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
This is probably the coolest and most useful mod I've seen yet!!! I gotta have one! Now, washing my hair in toilet just became an easy task.
Why the heck not? I did laundry in the bidet in a hotel in Spain years ago while walking the Camino de Santiago.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:26 PM   #15

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
It's something I'll look into. Should be a standard with all toilets, thanks for sharing the idea and the pictures.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:18 PM   #16
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Washing my hair in the toilet seems kind of pointless...

Name:	AAAAaaaaaggggghhhhhh.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	14721
Old 12-23-2018, 03:02 AM   #17

Model: Tuscany 40LX
State: Iowa
THOR #1804
I'll look into adding a sprayer to my 2012 Thor Tuscany's toilet. My previous Monaco Monarch had one and I really liked it.

When you spoke the downside of "sharing water pressure to the wand with the flush," it reminded me of this trick: if you push the thumb valve on the wand BEFORE you step on the pedal for the flush, it seemed to direct a little more pressure to the wand. You might give this a try.