Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #61
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
Bob, I think your Wayfarer comes standard with SUMO Springs.
Yup: all four corners.
I'm just wondering what the handling might have been like without them...
It's another selling point that I can throw at the Missus!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:46 PM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I am getting ready to buy a set of front and rear sumo springs for my 2018 Siesta which is on a Mercedes Benz chassis. I plan on installing them myself since it appears to be a simple job. Looks like I can get them for under $400.00. Any suggestions or extra tips anyone have regarding them? I am also looking at replacing the entry door key lock with a programable keyless battery operated door lock before our cross country road trip from Calif to Florida and back. Anyone have any suggetions as to which model is best for the door lock?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #63

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
I am getting ready to buy a set of front and rear sumo springs for my 2018 Siesta which is on a Mercedes Benz chassis. I plan on installing them myself since it appears to be a simple job. Looks like I can get them for under $400.00. Any suggestions or extra tips anyone have regarding them? I am also looking at replacing the entry door key lock with a programmable key-less battery operated door lock before our cross country road trip from Calif to Florida and back. Anyone have any suggestions as to which model is best for the door lock?
SUMO Springs....
On my E450 chassis, the fronts were a 30 minute job (mainly because i have hydraulic levelers)
However, the rears were a difficult install due to limited/tight spaces. So in my situation, the rears took longer (abt an hour)

I don't know nuttin' abt the programmable key-less battery operated door entry
Old 05-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #64

State: Florida
THOR #10788
Update: I drove my Vegas for the first time since installing the rear Sumo Springs, all I can say is wow, what a huge difference they made! I would recommend that installing all 4 Sumos be an immediate upgrade for every Vegas/Axis owner out there! Before front Sumos installed, when being passed by a semi, it would take seven steering wheel movements to recover. After installing the front sumo’s, it would only take 3 steering wheel movements to recover. After having all 4 sumo springs installed, there is no swaying of the motorhome after being passed by a semi!