Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #13470
Thor Vegas 25.2 Bed Modification

Has anyone ever shortened one of side table tops to the bed in the Vegas 25.2? It is difficult to get into as we get older, and I am thinking about cutting/modifying one of the table sides (probably the one with the radio) to allow a person more floor space along the side to get further up along the bed to get into bed. Anyone seen/done this? Any problems?

Old 03-31-2019, 03:34 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavel View Post

.....cut..... Any problems?
I looked at the possibility of modifying the rear of a 25.2 to make it more like a 24.1, so I’m somewhat familiar with the construction. What I can’t follow, however, is how the suggested modification would buy you more floor space to help getting in bed.

As I recall, and can be seen on picture below, the tables on either side of bed are part of the slide, and shortening either table (width and or length wise) shouldn’t add extra access to floor. You may be able to add a sliver of space between bed and table that goes part way down, but I don’t see how that would help climbing into bed. Sorry if I’m missing the gist of your idea.

P.S. — When I took measurements, the bedroom in 25.2 was about 1-foot shorter than that of 24.1, so Twin Beds would have to be custom made and short (about 5’-4”). For us it wasn’t practical or cost effective, since such modifications would likely hurt resale value significantly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B002459A-C75B-4090-95DA-A8B52340A6E7.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	16401  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:11 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #13470
My side tables go out further than the picture you posted. The portion I would take off goes beyond the slide-out. If I took about ten inches off, I would gain 10 inches on the floor when I pulled the slideout out.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:35 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Yes, I see there is a big difference between the original tables and those that started in 2018, along with new Euro-style cabinets. I’m guessing the table extensions are to serve as end tables for when bed is converted to seating area.

Perhaps you can take a closer look at the older 25.2 tables to see if it makes it much easier to get in bed, and if so, how they are made. Of course, you may lose function of the end table when sitting back there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8A65DFDF-BFAA-4AF1-8C2A-FDC728345534.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	16421