Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SS
State: California
THOR #15547
Firefly Monitor System

We have a 2019 Siesta 24SS. It came with a touchscreen control Firefly Monitor System. While the touchscreen system is nice...control everything from one touchscreen, i.e., AC, Furnace, Awnings, Slides, etc., if it fails then we are not able to control anything.

Has anyone ever experienced a failure with a Firefly touchscreen?

If these never fail, that's great and I won't worry. My biggest concern with a failure is not being able to bring the slides in (or out). I'm thinking of adding slide switches just in case...has anyone done this? Or, is there nothing to be concerned with a multiplex failure?

EDIT: I just read another post where these have failed, but, not a failure of loosing functionality. The failures seem to be that randomly things are activated like lights turning on or slides moving. I guess a slide randomly moving while driving may be a bigger concern!

Old 06-26-2019, 12:21 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 27B
State: Tennessee
THOR #14933
Firefly failed

On my 2019 Windsport the firefly touchpad acted up on first trip. The Thor after hours tech walked me through "resetting" the system. Since then the touchpad routinely failed on every trip. The app saved me but that always meant you need internet access where you stayed. Firefly finally agreed the cable needed to be replaced. That was 2 weeks ago and so far so good.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:39 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgscooter View Post
On my 2019 Windsport the firefly touchpad acted up on first trip. The Thor after hours tech walked me through "resetting" the system. Since then the touchpad routinely failed on every trip. The app saved me but that always meant you need internet access where you stayed. Firefly finally agreed the cable needed to be replaced. That was 2 weeks ago and so far so good.

As an FYI, the app does not need internet access. The app connects to the Firefly Control Center via Bluetooth which ha nothing to do with the internet. It is a direct peer to peer connection. There are times when the app may want to do an update and does connect to the server. If that happens just close the app completely and restart the app.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 27B
State: Tennessee
THOR #14933
Firefly app

Thanks, I was told by Thor, Dealer and Firefly tech that I needed internet access to use the app. If that's not the case then that will be great, I'll give it a try the next time out.