Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #3374
Outside kitchen

Has anyone removed the outside kitchen for more storage space ?

Old 12-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
That is something I would not consider because I use the outdoor kitchen more than I use the indoor kitchen.

With that said, the first thing I would do, if you haven't already, is to contact Thor and get the fresh and waste water diagrams as well as the electrical diagrams so you can see what you are dealing with from a plumbing and electrical perspective.

In my coach, under the outdoor sink I have the water lines for the sink, a set of low point drains and a macerator pump for the drain piping. The sink is plumbed into the same gray water tank that the shower and washing machine (I don't have this) drain is plumbed into. That is a lot of plumbing and electrical that would have to be capped off to avoid leaks. I would also want to know, without a doubt, how removal of that plumbing would impact the other fixtures feeding into the same gray water tank.

The outdoor refrigerator controls are accessed from a panel inside the coach so a back, at a minimum would have to be installed in the compartment after the frig was removed.

I would say it is doable, but some prior planning and prep would be required.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:22 PM   #3

THOR #3374
Aww,a lot to think about
Old 12-20-2015, 12:44 AM   #4

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Exterior Kitchen

The counter top of my exterior kitchen delaminated and fell apart. Brand new coach. They ordered a new counter top. I heard from the shop foreman that removing all of the equipment and the counter top is a many hours long repair, under warranty, thankfully.

I can't imagine that anyone would want to remove the exterior kitchen.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #5

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I used to have one of those on my strong want list when I was shopping to upgrade from our pop-up.
I eventually came to realize that I wouldn't like it, and I'm glad I figured that out before buying.
My point is that I can understand why you would want to do it....

My only other comment is more general in nature. I personally would be very reluctant to do a major and perhaps irreversible modification to an otherwise like new RV.....unless I had zero plans to get rid of it until it turns into dust. It just generally seems to me that almost anything a person might do is going to make it look like a homemade modification, even if it's very nicely done and even if it is a mod for the better and very functional.... I would just think it would potentially destroy resale value. There's probably always gonna be someone out there that wants the kitchen and wants the rv more or less as-built.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:16 PM   #6

THOR #3374
I think I will leave it as is. Thanks for all the replies.