Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2018, 06:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10863
Axis Headlight Options

I recently had the passenger side headlight bulb go out on my Axis. After contacting Thor, they replied with "the headlight is a complete assembly and we are unable to provide just the bulb."

Has anyone had to replace the headlight yet? If you have been able to replace the bulb, do you know the bulb size or type? The few threads I read here were from Vegas owners and not sure if it's the same headlight size. If you have swapped out the OEM headlight assembly for an aftermarket one, what did you choose?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, recommendations or just telling me to shut up and color.

Drty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
If/when that happens to us I think I'd just remove the bulb and take it to an auto parts store to try to find a replacement.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #3

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty78 View Post
I recently had the passenger side headlight bulb go out on my Axis. After contacting Thor, they replied with "the headlight is a complete assembly and we are unable to provide just the bulb."

Has anyone had to replace the headlight yet? If you have been able to replace the bulb, do you know the bulb size or type? The few threads I read here were from Vegas owners and not sure if it's the same headlight size. If you have swapped out the OEM headlight assembly for an aftermarket one, what did you choose?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, recommendations or just telling me to shut up and color.
Most of that discussion you were referring to I believe had to do with replacing the clear plastic headlight itself. The bulb, as JamieGeek said, should be a procedure of removing the bulb from the back and replacing by matching the number. Now if you go the LED bulb replacement, let us know what you chose.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10863
Thanks guys! I’ll get under there and pull the headlight and bulb. If I decide to go the LED or HID route, I’ll be sure to post about what I went with. MTF
Drty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:52 AM   #5

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Thanks guys! I’ll get under there and pull the headlight and bulb. If I decide to go the LED or HID route, I’ll be sure to post about what I went with. MTF
Not sure of which Headlight you have on the Axis. On our 17 Challenger 37 TB I discovered the lens was shattered on the passenger side Lowbeam Projector Headlamp.
It's Kapern ll L01-0043.
So far only found one source for $47 which is the entire assembly, as the lens is bonded onto the housing.
Not sure if this is what your looking for?
Top pic is passenger side, bottom is driver's side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180618_135231.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	10997Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180618_135325.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	10998
Old 06-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #6

THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Most of that discussion you were referring to I believe had to do with replacing the clear plastic headlight itself. The bulb, as JamieGeek said, should be a procedure of removing the bulb from the back and replacing by matching the number. Now if you go the LED bulb replacement, let us know what you chose.
If the headlight is a Projector Headlamp, the entire assembly, has to be replaced, as the Lens is bonded to the casing. In our case the bulb still lights, but because the lens is broken it's light isn't focused.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #7

THOR #11321
Quote:
Got a pic of your headlight

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Thor RV Forum mobile app