Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10872
Upgrading Couch to Recliners

We just recently finished installing new recliners from RecPro to replace the fold-out couch in our 2017 Thor Vegas 24.1.

We love the new seating as it is so much more comfortable than the couch that came with the RV.

Feel free to follow our blog post outlining the removal of the old couch and the installation of the new recliners.

We highly recommend the RecPro Charles 67" Double RV Wall Hugger Recliner Sofa w/ Console. It fit perfectly in our RV.

We are even able to offer a discount directly from RecPro on any of their products purchased. Just use our discount code "OORRV5" to get 5% off you next RecPro order, or click on one of the links in our post.

Click here to check out the blog post!

Old 06-30-2018, 11:34 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.1
State: New York
THOR #10579
Good job, looks nice, very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to show us.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #3

THOR #10872
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnschnit View Post
Good job, looks nice, very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to show us.
No problem. Hope this helps others who are looking to do the same.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
We just completed out first trip out since we replaced the jackknife couch in our ACE 30.1 with a pair of RecPro recliners. Absolutely fantastic. Extremely comfortable and perhaps the best upgrade we've done.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #5

THOR #10872
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
We just completed out first trip out since we replaced the jackknife couch in our ACE 30.1 with a pair of RecPro recliners. Absolutely fantastic. Extremely comfortable and perhaps the best upgrade we've done.
Glad you like them. We love ours. We can use them fully reclined even with the slide in.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #6

Model: Thor Axis 25.2
State: Virginia
THOR #5208
We really need to put recliners in our AXIS in place for the couch but we can't figure out how to do it because the water tank is under the current couch. Has anyone with an AXIS been able to make the switch?
Terri
Old 07-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Our Rocker RV View Post

We just recently finished installing new recliners from RecPro to replace the fold-out couch in our 2017 Thor Vegas 24.1.

We love the new seating as it is so much more comfortable than the couch that came with the RV.

Feel free to follow our blog post outlining the removal of the old couch and the installation of the new recliners.

We highly recommend the RecPro Charles 67" Double RV Wall Hugger Recliner Sofa w/ Console. It fit perfectly in our RV.

We are even able to offer a discount directly from RecPro on any of their products purchased. Just use our discount code "OORRV5" to get 5% off you next RecPro order, or click on one of the links in our post.

Click here to check out the blog post!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1530549673
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gunny 02.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	11133  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #8

State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Good article. Got the Charles 68 being delivered here in a very wet Eastern NC tomorrow. Took out the sofa bed this AM and, compared to Rocker's, it was a snap. Came out in 4 pieces in under 30 minutes. Helped that I used an adapter on my portable drill.

But, I am wondering about the install as the 2115 Vegas 24.1 stows dining and cabin tables and legs in bracket on the slide out wall. Will just have to dry fit to see what is what and what goes where. Might have to find a new places to stow them???
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:53 PM   #9

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Looks great, jealous. I can't lose the versatility of the jackknife.

Slightly off topic but has anyone used shop4seats.com? They are the only one that has the new couch that we want, the reviews online are good but trust this forum more. Anyone buy this one ever?

https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...-sofa-bed.html
Old 07-31-2018, 06:17 PM   #10

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
Looks great, jealous. I can't lose the versatility of the jackknife.

Slightly off topic but has anyone used shop4seats.com? They are the only one that has the new couch that we want, the reviews online are good but trust this forum more. Anyone buy this one ever?

https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...-sofa-bed.html
Yes. I believe JamieGeek also bought the Monaco model from Shop4Seats as I did. I picked mine up from their factory showroom in LaHabra, CA. I did pay my local RV service shop to install them and we are quite happy. The chocolate color matched the factory front seats perfectly and you still have room to seat three people with this model which you lose with the RecPro Chinese made brand.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:42 PM   #11

THOR #10872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calman View Post
Good article. Got the Charles 68 being delivered here in a very wet Eastern NC tomorrow. Took out the sofa bed this AM and, compared to Rocker's, it was a snap. Came out in 4 pieces in under 30 minutes. Helped that I used an adapter on my portable drill.

But, I am wondering about the install as the 2115 Vegas 24.1 stows dining and cabin tables and legs in bracket on the slide out wall. Will just have to dry fit to see what is what and what goes where. Might have to find a new places to stow them???
They will likely fit behind the recliners but will be difficult to get out. In our 2017 Vegas the tables and legs are stored in the closet. You could also put them in the upper bunk area.

www.offourrockerrv.com
Off Our Rocker RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:07 AM   #12
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Yes. I believe JamieGeek also bought the Monaco model from Shop4Seats as I did. I picked mine up from their factory showroom in LaHabra, CA. I did pay my local RV service shop to install them and we are quite happy. The chocolate color matched the factory front seats perfectly and you still have room to seat three people with this model which you lose with the RecPro Chinese made brand.
Yes we used shop4seats: Picked up the Monaco Double recliner since that was the only one I found that still retained 3 seating positions.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-03 15.38.36.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	11945
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:17 AM   #13

State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
I'll let all know what I settle on but upper bunks are already claimed by GF.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:40 AM   #14

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:

We left the tables and legs right where they were. Put a couple of heavy socks and then a PVC end cap on the ends of two of the legs just in case they touch a bit when the seat is reclined.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:55 PM   #15

State: Virginia
THOR #9303
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yes we used shop4seats: Picked up the Monaco Double recliner since that was the only one I found that still retained 3 seating positions.
Attachment 11945
jamie,

Thanks for the information and photo. Did you do the replacement yourself , or have it done? If so where? We want to upgrade from the couch in our Vegas 24.1 and it looks like you found a perfect solution.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #16
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbest1va View Post
jamie,

Thanks for the information and photo. Did you do the replacement yourself , or have it done? If so where? We want to upgrade from the couch in our Vegas 24.1 and it looks like you found a perfect solution.
The lot where we store ours has some mechanics that will work on the coach. I just had them do it.

Shop4seats won't ship the couch to your residence; they said they can only ship it somewhere with a fork lift. I just had it shipped to the storage lot.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #17

State: Oklahoma
THOR #6508
Did they fit?

Quote:

We have a 2016 Vegas 24.1 and are wondering if they fit or if you had to take out the table and leg holder?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Does anone know of a Company making a 52" love seat/recliner?
(We're looking to replace the short couch; that converts into a pretty useless bed. )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #19

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Upgrading Couch to Recliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Does anone know of a Company making a 52" love seat/recliner?

(We're looking to replace the short couch; that converts into a pretty useless bed. )

This is the closest I’ve seen but..... the outside handles will likely be an issue for you. Look like they offer an inside handle option.

Pretty pricey though....

https://www.braddandhall.com/Product...idproduct=1493
Old 07-12-2019, 11:50 PM   #20
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Thanks!