Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2018, 02:28 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Big Foot

I installed a Big Foot hydraulic leveling system on My 24FE. It is great

Old 12-26-2018, 03:09 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Welcome to the club. I love mine.

Any pictures of your Big Feet and your rig? LOL.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #3

THOR #12434
Here’s a picture while we were at South Padre Island
Old 12-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #4

Model: Synergy
State: Arizona
THOR #12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0LCB View Post

Morning KOLCB: did you install the units your self, or did you have a dealer install it? Additionally, how many Jack’s; do you have four, or six hydraulic jacks? What vendor or dealer did you purchase the units from? Reply at your convenience, thanks, Glenn.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #5

THOR #12434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebills View Post
Morning KOLCB: did you install the units your self, or did you have a dealer install it? Additionally, how many Jack’s; do you have four, or six hydraulic jacks? What vendor or dealer did you purchase the units from? Reply at your convenience, thanks, Glenn.
I installed them! Not real hard to do, as long as you can get under unit. I purchased direct from Bigfoot website. I have 4 jacks. They will raise unit enough to change a tire
Old 12-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #6

THOR #12231
K0LCB - Did you weld your brackets on?

I installed myself but I opted to drill the holes and bolt on backets myself. It dont sound hard but the frame is very thick at this mounting point and it took forever to drill 8 holes for the rear brackets and about 18 drill bits (no joke).

Welding brackets is your best (and quickest) bet.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 12-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations! Just think: no more episodes of this!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1545847189
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Humor 02.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	14771  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #8

THOR #12434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
K0LCB - Did you weld your brackets on?

I installed myself but I opted to drill the holes and bolt on backets myself. It dont sound hard but the frame is very thick at this mounting point and it took forever to drill 8 holes for the rear brackets and about 18 drill bits (no joke).

Welding brackets is your best (and quickest) bet.
Mine used existing bolt holes or clamps for front, I had to drill two holes in floors on each side, everything went together fairly easy
Old 12-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #9

THOR #12231
Quote:
Mine used existing bolt holes or clamps for front, I had to drill two holes in floors on each side, everything went together fairly easy
Lucky you, Mine was much more involved.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:51 PM   #10

THOR #14045
Quote:
Do you know if you install these after purchase will it effect warranty
Old 12-27-2018, 12:07 AM   #11

Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #1929
What is better. The 4 pump system or the single. Any issues with the single pump. I saw they have four systems for the Ford E450. Any suggestion on what system is the most reliable.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2018, 12:08 AM   #12

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie2@sbcglobal.net View Post
Hard to say, CW will wiggle out of any warrantee as it is so it dont matter to me. I rather have levelers now VS a year or two down the road.

So the only one to be concerned about is Ford (I think 3 year) but the frames may be longer? Maybe?
Old 12-27-2018, 12:58 AM   #13

THOR #12434
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichS View Post
What is better. The 4 pump system or the single. Any issues with the single pump. I saw they have four systems for the Ford E450. Any suggestion on what system is the most reliable.

Thanks
I think one pump is better than the four pump system. JMHO..
Old 12-27-2018, 12:59 AM   #14

THOR #12434
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie2@sbcglobal.net View Post
Since I didn’t drill any holes, it shouldn’t be a problem
Old 12-27-2018, 01:43 AM   #15
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
But ANY system , is better than not having one.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:02 AM   #16

THOR #12231
Quote:
Well the one pump is cheaper. It was also on sale which made it even cheaper ($1988 plus $150 for bolt on kit).

But the 4 pump I think alows you to raise two at a time. I didnt really know this when I purchased the Big Foot Platinum a few month ago.

The Platinum kit will set the two front down first and raise it about 2 or 3 inches then the back is depoyed and does the same.....but if you want to raise just front or just the left side you have to do ONE at a TIME. I thought I could hold two buttons down at the same time - it wont allow you to do this. Just one jack at a time.... Back and forth.

So its like a seesaw - LR, then RF, Back and forth until you are level. This rocking drives my wife crazy (oh well). But this still is much quicker (and safer) than driving up on lego blocks. I have spent 45 mintues before trying to level the RV with blocks under 3 wheels and 5 or 6 high to just giving up with its "close enough".

If I had to do it again might go with the Auto level version for a litte more money.

Another reason I DIDNT go with Auto level was many forum members with the Auto level from factory say it dont work very well and that they do it manually. So I figured no sense in paying extra for something that I wont use.

Or they will say the Auto level wont deploy if it thinks it cant level it so they do it manually.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:05 AM   #17

THOR #12231
Quote:
Since I didn’t drill any holes, it shouldn’t be a problem
Only problem I see is if your not carefull you could have the frame twisted just enough that the slide (S) gives you problems or you put a stress crack in the front windshield. I bet they would say its your fault and not repair them.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:08 AM   #18

THOR #12231
I thing reliability would be the same but if if you think about it the one pump is always used for each jack were the 4 pump system would work much less?

Something to think about.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:16 AM   #19

State: Alabama
THOR #13017
Awesome
Been thinking of at least one jack since the single slide out makes the coach lean to the driver side.

Any thoughts on just jacking up the left rear enough to be able to use the bed and not wake up With big head aches?
Old 01-07-2019, 04:25 AM   #20

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugo2214 View Post
Awesome
Been thinking of at least one jack since the single slide out makes the coach lean to the driver side.

Any thoughts on just jacking up the left rear enough to be able to use the bed and not wake up With big head aches?
Well other than driving on blocks? Are you finding the RV leans when you extend the slide out? You could get a couple of tri pod stabilizer jacks and install in the rear (as needed). Tighten them up before you extend the slide.

Are you talking about at the camp sites or are you doing quickie stops at Walmart Parking lots?

You dont want "one" hydraulic jack to raise the LR. You could twist the frame.

Go for the 4 jack system like Big Foot or other name brands.