Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2019, 12:16 AM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
You're not and I take no offence. Electric Bike technology is moving very Quickly. The Rads with New technologies, new lower pricing, free delivery, and....a certified bike company arriving at your door for Free assembling your bike and will do future maintenance. Best Elec. Bike for the $$$ right now. Pull the Trigger and purchase! Enjoy the ride.
Love the rack. I have a rear slide so that ain’t happening. Only need two.

Anyone have this? Thoughts? Secure?

Thule 9032 EasyFold Carrier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FSRNH4G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_1UXECbVDSNPVM

Old 03-03-2019, 01:11 AM   #62
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
It always seems to come down to the argument over price versus features...
I'm from the camp that figures you'll get what you pay for, and the money you save will be forgotten quickly; if you start having problems.
Bob. In this case that is not the case. 2019 Rads have all New Technology for $1000.00 less per bike, buy what you want. I'm not saying Pedigo's are bad bikes. The older Pics I have posted on the forum are the Emoji's I also had. The OP wanted an Opinion and I gave him one from the view of actual owner of Elec. Bikes.
Bob, if I were buying a used Spyder I would be calling you.....
The most important thing I think All pedal assist bike owners will say. We All Love the bikes!!
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:31 AM   #63

THOR #12830
Quote:
Bob. In this case that is not the case. 2019 Rads have all New Technology for $1000.00 less per bike, buy what you want. I'm not saying Pedigo's are bad bikes. The older Pics I have posted on the forum are the Emoji's I also had. The OP wanted an Opinion and I gave him one from the view of actual owner of Elec. Bikes.
Bob, if I were buying a used Spyder I would be calling you.....
The most important thing I think All pedal assist bike owners will say. We All Love the bikes!!
Hell of a lot more that a $1,000
Old 03-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #64
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
... As I would be calling you guys; if I was in the mood to buy one of these types of transportation.
I tend to err on the side of "Tried & True", and let other folks figure out if a lesser known manufacturer has what it takes...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #65

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Texas
THOR #12635
E-bikes

The wife and I love to bike and see it as very good choice over a towed, cost of equipping a car for towing will put a lot of cash in the kitty... Not getting any younger and the help from an E-bike comes in very handy.

We spent about 6 months studying and trying out the e-bikes from several manufactures and finally settled on the Specialized Como 3.0 https://www.specialized.com/us/en/tu...=239442-154280

They are very smooth over the road and very stable, I've had mine up to 28 mph on level ground and and so far we've put 35 miles on a single charge and still had half the battery left.

Swagman make a good carrier for RV's and E-bikes: https://www.swagman.net/product/escapee/

And if we need a car there's always Enterprise or Hertz.
Good Sam Member 855452801
Sk8nmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:30 AM   #66

State: Washington, D.C.
THOR #14336
Quote:
We decided on the SONDORS FOLD X.
Since I had to buy five cost was really a factor. We did want something to ride at the beach, trail riding in snow while skiing and everyday riding. being able to take all 5 with traveling was also important. I would just say there's a lot out there, some of it's junk others sell really great stuff find something you like in your price range and type of riding that you'll be doing and enjoy.
Attachment 7270Attachment 7271Attachment 7272
I have a fold x and LOVE IT!
Old 03-09-2019, 01:34 AM   #67
Site Team

THOR #7074
I see you're a very wise consumer! What color did you get?
... Welcome to the Forum and safe riding!
Old 03-09-2019, 01:47 AM   #68

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
My wife and I spent a year pondering electric bikes. We rented a pair of Pedigos for a day and then a pair of Treks (that I liked better). But at $3000 apiece I just couldn’t do it. We settled on a pair of new mopeds for half the price. They go faster, travel nearly 100 miles on a tank of gas and still carry conveniently on the back of the RV. I’m still a big fan of electric bikes and I’ll ride with you any time!
Old 03-09-2019, 02:00 AM   #69
Site Team

THOR #7074
You can Now buy A++ Quality electric bikes for under $1500.00. With the Newest Technology. Why pay more?
Old 03-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #70

Model: Quantum PD31
State: California
THOR #14713
I'm a dirt bike guy, however, I am getting Oooooooold. LOL! I'm looking into to this, especially the Pedego mountain bike variety.

So......

Sell me on it!
Old 03-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #71
Site Team

THOR #7074
Times have changed in the e-bike arena. Buying that bike would be like paying sticker for your Motorhome. Buy whatever gives you the most comfort. If I were paying 3500.00 /4000.00. I would be buying a mid drive motor elec. bike not a 500 watt Hub Motor Bike.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:34 PM   #72

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonjaf View Post
I'm a dirt bike guy, however, I am getting Oooooooold. LOL! I'm looking into to this, especially the Pedego mountain bike variety.

So......

Sell me on it!
Funny...I'm starting to feel a bit old myself. Just yesterday I had my old hard tail mt bike on a single track trail. Just a short ride, maybe 3-1/2 miles or so, but I absolutely Had a blast!

We were camping at a local city park that has the best mt bike trail around here that I know of anyway so I aired up my tires since I haven't ridden the thing in years.

I recon I haven't been on that trail (or any) in maybe 16-18 years or so.

Anyway, on topic...I've wondered about how well those electric bikes are accepted on trails like that. I didn't see any rules against, but I can imagine problems....
Old 03-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #73

Model: Quantum PD31
State: California
THOR #14713
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
Funny...I'm starting to feel a bit old myself. Just yesterday I had my old hard tail mt bike on a single track trail. Just a short ride, maybe 3-1/2 miles or so, but I absolutely Had a blast!

We were camping at a local city park that has the best mt bike trail around here that I know of anyway so I aired up my tires since I haven't ridden the thing in years.

I recon I haven't been on that trail (or any) in maybe 16-18 years or so.

Anyway, on topic...I've wondered about how well those electric bikes are accepted on trails like that. I didn't see any rules against, but I can imagine problems....
I don't think there is a problem, and if there were, I would assume it would be with "noise". These bikes are whisper quiet right?

I too have a decent Mt. bike and use it, like you, don't really ride the typical trail. I stick to the old guy mostly paved stuff! haha! I'm interested, however, I need to get past the whole "as much as a motorcycle" price tag......
Old 04-21-2019, 04:54 PM   #74

State: Alabama
THOR #12856
I own a Mate electric hybrid and it’s amazing. I’ve ordered their more powerful, ruggedized MateX and should have it shortly. They’re expensive but amazing. Folds down small enough to fit in the storage compartment of my Thor Synergy 24TT. www.mate.bike
Old 04-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #75
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I came across this article...

https://electricbikereview.com/category/high-speed/

I didn't know that these things could be so fast!
Is that much speed just an ego trip?
Or does it offer real-world practical solitions?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:40 PM   #76

State: Alberta
THOR #15257
I also have an e-scooter that I want to put on the rack attached to the hitch but whenever I try to ratchet it down properly, there is too much sway and I worry that the bike will bang into the rear of the MH. On my old MH, I could use the ladder to stabilize the e-bike (think Vespa but electric). Suggestions for my new MH that does NOT have a ladder? It's a Vegas 25.2 so the rear bedroom is the slide out, making it hard to weld a post to the hitch as it would inhibit the slide.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #77

Model: Thor Chateau 24F
State: Colorado
THOR #15337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsmom View Post
We have Pedego bikes and absolutely love them. We looked at a couple of other brands(?) and found that, while they're considerably less expensive, you got what you paid for.

We wanted a bike that was going to give us the greatest distance per charge that was available, along with the option of riding a "regular" bike (ours have 7 speeds), pedal assist -- we have 5 levels -- and a throttle. We've gotten them up to 24mph and have ridden over 30 miles without using half of our batteries.

If there's any downside to them, it would be their weight. It's a 2-person job to load them on the rack behind our motorhome. But the weight isn't an issue when riding them.

As we like to explain to our friends, our Pedegos "level the hills and eliminate the wind." We couldn't be happier with them.

P.S. I've always wanted a Mercedes. Kinda nice to know that I've got a "Mercedes" bike.

Agree, we have two of them and love them - but they are not cheap!
Old 05-30-2019, 11:59 PM   #78

THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemap View Post
I also have an e-scooter that I want to put on the rack attached to the hitch but whenever I try to ratchet it down properly, there is too much sway and I worry that the bike will bang into the rear of the MH. On my old MH, I could use the ladder to stabilize the e-bike (think Vespa but electric). Suggestions for my new MH that does NOT have a ladder? It's a Vegas 25.2 so the rear bedroom is the slide out, making it hard to weld a post to the hitch as it would inhibit the slide.
The hitch tilts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7DED4553-9A8D-465D-9FD7-1700F9448E94.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	17767  
Old 05-31-2019, 12:59 AM   #79
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well, thanks to these discussions (and others on here) my Rad Mini should arrive by Monday....

(Most likely the first of two but the wife wants to ride mine before committing.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:48 AM   #80
Site Team

THOR #7074
Congrats the Rad Mini is Awesome you picked a winner!!!