Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Welcome, one and all!

Since our rallies are devoid of fees, entertainment, rules and have almost no structure, owning a Thor product is not a requirement to join in the fun. You are welcome to join the group if:
You currently own a Thor product
You used to own a Thor product
You are thinking of owning a Thor product
You can spell Thor

We've had folks show up for part of the day without their rig. That's fine, too. The only thing that would exclude you would be a bad attitude. Can't allow that!

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:03 AM   #42

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Welcome, one and all!

Since our rallies are devoid of fees, entertainment, rules and have almost no structure, owning a Thor product is not a requirement to join in the fun. You are welcome to join the group if:
You currently own a Thor product
You used to own a Thor product
You are thinking of owning a Thor product
You can spell Thor
We've had folks show up for part of the day without their rig. That's fine, too. The only thing that would exclude you would be a bad attitude. Can't allow that!
Just a reminder that Oct 5th is just 54 days away, not too early to call Kelsey and lock in your reservation. (See #1 in this thread.) A possible surprise in in the works. With or without that, a good time will be had by all!
Old 08-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #43

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #11784
Quote:
Let's do it again! Let's meet at Sunshine Travel RV Resort in Vero Beach, FL this fall. The dates are Friday, October 5th thru Sunday, October 7th. Rally rates apply to those dates, plus 2 days before and 2 after.

Sunshine Travel is a nice park, near I-95 and Sebastian Blvd. There's Dairy Queen, McDs and Raceway at that intersection. Webasso Beach is about a 20 minute drive, Sebastian is about the same distance.

There is no fee, but no entertainment either, except excellent conversation provided by you! Most of the folks at our Brooksville gathering said they'd come again.

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed having the Thor rep at our spring gathering, but I can't promise a repeat performance. There will be surprises, however. Stay tuned for more about that closer to October.

Reservations can be made directly through Encore. Call Kelsey at 877-350-7619. Her current schedule is Thursday - Sunday 12-8pm and Monday 10-6pm. Off Tuesday and Wednesday. She'll take your cc deposit for the first night. The rally rate is $31/night. (Passport doesn't apply in Oct.) We don't expect to run out of room, but it is first come, first served.
We've decided to go and meet some folks, but are having trouble reaching Kelsey to book reservations. We've got a severe case of phone tag going. Does she have an email that I can send her a request?
Old 08-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #44

THOR #1589
You are not the first to be frustrated with Kelsey. Part of the challenge is she takes Tuesday and Wednesday as her weekend. Sorry you are caught in phone tag.

Here is her email: kelsey_nelson@equitylifestyle.com

Looking forward to having you join the group!
Old 08-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #45

THOR #11784
Quote:
You are not the first to be frustrated with Kelsey. Part of the challenge is she takes Tuesday and Wednesday as her weekend. Sorry you are caught in phone tag.

Here is her email: kelsey_nelson@equitylifestyle.com

Looking forward to having you join the group!
I will bring my Cricket hanging off the beefed up receiver. I've gotten tons of questions, comments, and stares, including park rangers.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #46

THOR #5326
I would love to come but cant get Kelsey to call me back

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 08-31-2018, 06:34 PM   #47

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
We had the same problem Don. We just kept calling. Looking forward to seeing you,as we missed you on the last rally. Jerry
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #48

THOR #1589
I have no control and make no excuses for the reservation issue. Like Jerry said, hang in there. Just found out Kelsey had a death in the family and was out.

She'll be in on Saturday and Sunday, then off until next Thursday and Friday. She'll be out from Sept 13-20.

Would the folks from the AL/GA line who were next to me in the spring please drop me an email or PM? I have a question for you.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:57 PM   #49

THOR #5326
thanks guys I will keep calling looking forward to seeing everyone

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 08-31-2018, 09:11 PM   #50

THOR #5326
Just got a call back were in. Coming in Friday leaving Monday

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 08-31-2018, 09:14 PM   #51

THOR #4158
Great news for sure!
Old 08-31-2018, 11:54 PM   #52

THOR #1589
Great Don! Looking forward to seeing you at the Vero Beach campground. Counting you we now have 13 rigs reserved. Several returning folks, and some new ones. Should have a few more in the coming weeks. Plenty of room for more! Ya'all come on down!
Old 09-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #53

THOR #11784
We'll be coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday. Looking to meet everyone, check out the rigs, maybe get some ideas and/or questions answered and give my 2 cents when I can.

Perhaps an informal time for everybody to meet would be good. Also, if someone wants bonus credits to deposit in First National Bank of Credits they could make some of those the dreaded name tags, LOL.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #54

THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
We'll be coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday. Looking to meet everyone, check out the rigs, maybe get some ideas and/or questions answered and give my 2 cents when I can.

Perhaps an informal time for everybody to meet would be good. Also, if someone wants bonus credits to deposit in First National Bank of Credits they could make some of those the dreaded name tags, LOL.

Looking forward to meeting you. Informal is pretty much the agenda for the entire weekend. We' will have a potluck on Friday night, followed by get acquainted conversation. On Saturday, we'll meet for more directed exchange. Then we'll have Saturday dinner together, probably catered in, followed by more discussion. You'll have time to share and time to listen. The group is small enough that the dreaded name tags haven't been necessary. (You are welcome to wear one, though!)
Old 09-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #55

THOR #11784
Quote:

Looking forward to meeting you. Informal is pretty much the agenda for the entire weekend. We' will have a potluck on Friday night, followed by get acquainted conversation. On Saturday, we'll meet for more directed exchange. Then we'll have Saturday dinner together, probably catered in, followed by more discussion. You'll have time to share and time to listen. The group is small enough that the dreaded name tags haven't been necessary. (You are welcome to wear one, though!)
Thanks. Good to know. So Friday will be potluck (I'll see if the wife will make her famous fudge) and Saturday will be catered in. I'm assuming BYOB both nights.

I'd like to have a targeted charity during the event. How about South Florida Make A Wish? I'd be happy to do the collections, unless somebody else wants to do it or has strong connections to this or some other charity. I'm thinking it should be a local South Florida charity at the minimum and of course 100% informal. Thoughts?
Old 09-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #56

THOR #4158
It’s a rally not a charity event. Let’s just keep things simple.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #57

THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegdrum5050 View Post
It’s a rally not a charity event. Let’s just keep things simple.
Agreed.

It's just something I like to do when I go to fun things with others that don't cost much. I'll just make a contribution by myself.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #58

THOR #1589
RVMichael-Appreciate your input. We all have our favorite charities that we support. We'll discuss your suggestion among the group, and could possibly include that in future events.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #59

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Do y’all ever have a rally in S. Texas?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:45 AM   #60

THOR #1589
There will be a rally near you when you arrange it! Pick a place and date, and put it out on the forum.

Our fall and spring rallies are unsanctioned, loosely organized and kept intentionally simple. The format for our Florida gatherings is laid out in the first post in this thread. You are welcome to use any part of it, and modify to fit.

I'm not retired, so that's all I can do, and since we have return folks, it must be enough! It's great meeting forum friends in person!