Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
For my wife and I, I got my computer and typed name, add, blood type, SS, DOB, meds I take daily, alergies and surgeries- dates and places. Then I made copies for my car, truck, RV and in my luggage. This shows a history of my medical needs and makes that aspect easier. For my RV I have a logbook of my repairs so the over and over repairs with no end in sight is less, cause I have the history to look at. Lots if other things you ask, but it's a start.
This is a great idea, especially for the wife.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #22

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
This is a great idea, especially for the wife.
Better believe it. You fill out all that crap in each doctors office and you have to remember it.... If you show up at an emergency room in agony and you go thru this again. I have had nurses and doctors that thanked us for the paper? Oh yeah, if you can when you do this, write the surgeries in International Classification of Diseases and Disabilities, which is world wide and in thier language. Major PITA to put together but it pays off later on.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #23

THOR #11784
Quote:
Better believe it. You fill out all that crap in each doctors office and you have to remember it.... If you show up at an emergency room in agony and you go thru this again. I have had nurses and doctors that thanked us for the paper? Oh yeah, if you can when you do this, write the surgeries in International Classification of Diseases and Disabilities, which is world wide and in thier language. Major PITA to put together but it pays off later on.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #24

THOR #11784
Since I want to bring both my Cricket and BMW convertible, I was thinking I could get a 20 foot enclosed trailer and also put the wife's "overflow" clothes in it. Oh yeah, and my fishing poles.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #25

THOR #8432
Quote:
[emoji144]
And believe it or not, this idea started cause whenever we had to put our dog in the kennel when we wanted to go someplace where dogs weren't allowed and she barked too much when she was left in the RV, they wanted ALL THE SHOT RECORDS to see if it was up to date. I guess we all got a Ruff life.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #26

THOR #11784
Quote:
And believe it or not, this idea started cause whenever we had to put our dog in the kennel when we wanted to go someplace where dogs weren't allowed and she barked too much when she was left in the RV, they wanted ALL THE SHOT RECORDS to see if it was up to date. I guess we all got a Ruff life.
That's a ruff joke.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #27

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:

3. Mail service for regular and drugs.

CVS and Walgreens are all over the US. When you get low just go into whichever one you get you Rx through and they will fill it for you. We are not full time but we’re in GA in March when I realized that one of my Rx was about out. Since my prescription is with CVS I stopped in with the bottle and they had me going in 15 minutes.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #28

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
CVS and Walgreens are all over the US. When you get low just go into whichever one you get you Rx through and they will fill it for you. We are not full time but we’re in GA in March when I realized that one of my Rx was about out. Since my prescription is with CVS I stopped in with the bottle and they had me going in 15 minutes.
And another thing is believe it or not, you might enjoy yourselves so much on vacation that you lose track of how many days of meds you have left. Yeah you can go to Walgreens or CVS to fill them, but I put a 4-5 supply in my RV and car cause sometimes the doctor ain't there, it's a saturday when I run low, can't refill the meds before seeing the doc again... etc. I just got tired of calling and dealing with time zones, lunch times, weekends, holidays ...etc, so I did that.