Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2015, 11:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: North Carolina
THOR #3325
Help Request: Dog cover for couch

Hello

My wife and I just bought our first 2016 Miramar - well, our first RV really. We pick it up next Saturday.

Can anyone recommend a cover for the couch? Our dog will be joining us and we would like to get something to cover the couch when we pick the RV up.

Any links or recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
We normally use a sheet or blanket draped over and tucked into the back.

Although they are pricey you can check out these folks.

RV Sofa Covers - Covercraft RV SofaSaver Coach Covers
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:57 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
Our cheaper route: we use a couple bathroom, carpet floor mats. Soft, comfy and easily washed.

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #4

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
We use a canvas dropcloth. Cheap & washable.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Louisiana
THOR #2095
We don't allow the dog on the couch :-)
Old 12-01-2015, 02:24 AM   #6

THOR #1052
Our pups aren't allowed on the couch, besides they prefer their comforter (Walmart 20.00) on top of the bed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12107999_10207598830664694_2705940496715883358_n.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1120  
Old 12-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
All,

We put down a "pee sheet" mattress protector then a light brown queen sized fitted sheet.

So far, so good.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Skymall to the rescue! Belasoft sofa protector.

Actually, my cousin owns a beautiful Irish Setter that rides in the back seat of their Land Rover Sport. She was so excited to find it! She purchased the seat protector from the Skymall Magazine while in the air a few years ago.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:17 PM   #9

Model: Challenger
State: Florida
THOR #3118
We used to use sheets on our fabric couch in our old motorhome. We now have leatherette in our new RV and the sheets slide right off no matter how much tucking we did. We found a reversible, quilted sofa cover on Amazon with an elastic strap that goes behind the back for $35. It works very well, still have to fix it once in awhile but overall very happy with it. It washes up very nice.
Keep in mind, we have three German Shepherds climbing on the sofa so we need something that's going to stay put! This one works!
DEimerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:01 AM   #10

State: Alabama
THOR #1192
would like link

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEimerman View Post
We used to use sheets on our fabric couch in our old motorhome. We now have leatherette in our new RV and the sheets slide right off no matter how much tucking we did. We found a reversible, quilted sofa cover on Amazon with an elastic strap that goes behind the back for $35. It works very well, still have to fix it once in awhile but overall very happy with it. It washes up very nice.
Keep in mind, we have three German Shepherds climbing on the sofa so we need something that's going to stay put! This one works!
Can you post or message a link to that. I have used sheets and blankets, but they come off so easy.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #11
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRider View Post
Hello

My wife and I just bought our first 2016 Miramar - well, our first RV really. We pick it up next Saturday.

Can anyone recommend a cover for the couch? Our dog will be joining us and we would like to get something to cover the couch when we pick the RV up.

Any links or recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
We have a cat ..Not declawed .. For our couch, we bought a queen size quilt at
KMart .. A sale item .. Looks good and has plenty of extra to tuck in ..
We have tried plush blankets .. Don't go there !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #12

Model: Challenger
State: Florida
THOR #3118
Ok, I think I finally found something that works better than the cover I mentioned above. We have leatherette furniture. We took two very low pile 3X5 rugs with a rubber back and put them over the cushions with an over hang of about 7 inches in front of the cushions. It works so much better than anything we have tried. Two German Shepherd climb up and down on the couch and it barely moves. The rubber backing doesn't slide like the couch covers. The good thing is they match the couch and with the low pile, they vacuum off very well and are machine washable. I use a Clorox wipe to clean the exposed parts of the couch.
This won't work for cats with claws since they like to climb on the back of the couch.
DEimerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:01 PM   #13
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEimerman View Post
Ok, I think I finally found something that works better than the cover I mentioned above. We have leatherette furniture. We took two very low pile 3X5 rugs with a rubber back and put them over the cushions with an over hang of about 7 inches in front of the cushions. It works so much better than anything we have tried. Two German Shepherd climb up and down on the couch and it barely moves. The rubber backing doesn't slide like the couch covers. The good thing is they match the couch and with the low pile, they vacuum off very well and are machine washable. I use a Clorox wipe to clean the exposed parts of the couch.
This won't work for cats with claws since they like to climb on the back of the couch.
Good find ! Sounds like that will work well ! I am sure several other folks will like that idea.
Yes...regarding the cat..we cover the complete leatherette couch..the quilt tucks in at the top..middle and bottom. In the the Axis, there is a space behind the couch for the table top, legs and ladder for the bunk. We had a covered foam piece from a previous camper, which fits exactly in the spot and gives KC a spot to lay near the window and keeps him from exploring under the couch !!
Amazing what we can do when faced with a challenge to keep our little buddies safe and happy !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:01 AM   #14

Model: Vegas
THOR #10201
Keeping the sheets on

Hello everyone. I use sheets as mentioned before me, they are cheap and wash good. To keep them on i use the elastic sheet keepers. You can get them at Walmart, dollar store... they are suppose the keep the corners on the mattresses, but they work better to keep the sheets on the couch. Just attach at the top and run it behind the couch and attach to the bottom under the couch. Take a bit of work but they will stay put.