Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Made our 1st trip

After working on a lot of little things on the MH we finally got out and camped for a few nights. Amazingly I backed into the spot and was level without any work, dropped the jacks, hooked everything up. Easy Peezie. Even have wifi and TV over our antenna.
I towed the CRV with the newly installed tow bar, didn't know it was back there.
We didn't get away without some issues, the furnace you were either sweating or freezing. The camp ground had a water leak so they cut the water for 4-5 hours with notice so I was going to fill the water tank, switched over and after a couple minutes I went inside to check progress. The 1/2 bath and area at the bed( where the water tank is ) had puddles of water. I ran out cut the water, dried everything out.
When the water came back on I switched back to shore water and no inside leaks but some drips behind the water control panel, just a steady drip.
It rained most of the night, but we'd had the slides out at home in the rain and only had a few little areas that were wet( with way more rain level both times)
Drove home in the rain, and found water on the floors front to back, more than condensation.
In talking to the maintenance guy he said they have as much as 100 PSI water pressure( and me without a regulator) I hope that I just blew some seals rather than anything serious.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #2

THOR #13360
my coach & toad

Here's the new addition to our travel schedule. On our 1st outing other than to the gas station

2015 Windsport 34E and 2014 CRV
Blue Ox bar and plates, Patriot brake system
Ultratrac Stabilzer for the rear
Rssa Steering Stabilizer waiting to be installed
CHF on the bench waiting for dry weather to install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181217_140110.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	14685  
Old 12-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations on a successful trip!
Where are you going next?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:32 PM   #4

THOR #13360
Next

Hilton head RV resort in Febuarary assuming I'll be able after some back surgery next week. Supposed to be quick in and out 3-4 week recovery... I hope
Old 12-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #5

Model: Palazzo 36.1
THOR #13712
MTHook, I just had partial knee replacement 7 days ago, somor coach will st sort a while which is too bad n some ways and ok in others as I don't have to deal with an issues while the unit sits in my driveway. I keep finding things I want to do which is no different than our old T or 5th wheel (still for sale). We hope to get back out soon. Good luck wth the back surgery - my wife has had several with mediocre results.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
Hilton head RV resort in Febuarary assuming I'll be able after some back surgery next week. Supposed to be quick in and out 3-4 week recovery... I hope
Heal quickly & completely!
Old 12-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #7

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
While it's parked in the driveway, "party like your dying" till the next trip! It's my "Great Escape" from the home chores...I play like I'm a million miles from nowhere. I actually play the Cat Stevens song..."Miles From Nowhere"...recorded the year I graduated from High School.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:33 AM   #8

Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Smile

Quote:
If you make it to HH and decide to try another location in the area cross
the river on I-95 South to hi-way 204, turn right 3/4 mile and stay at the all new Creekfire Motor Ranch.
They have a great set up there.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:46 AM   #9

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
After working on a lot of little things on the MH we finally got out and camped for a few nights. Amazingly I backed into the spot and was level without any work, dropped the jacks, hooked everything up. Easy Peezie. Even have wifi and TV over our antenna.
I towed the CRV with the newly installed tow bar, didn't know it was back there.
We didn't get away without some issues, the furnace you were either sweating or freezing. The camp ground had a water leak so they cut the water for 4-5 hours with notice so I was going to fill the water tank, switched over and after a couple minutes I went inside to check progress. The 1/2 bath and area at the bed( where the water tank is ) had puddles of water. I ran out cut the water, dried everything out.
When the water came back on I switched back to shore water and no inside leaks but some drips behind the water control panel, just a steady drip.
It rained most of the night, but we'd had the slides out at home in the rain and only had a few little areas that were wet( with way more rain level both times)
Drove home in the rain, and found water on the floors front to back, more than condensation.
In talking to the maintenance guy he said they have as much as 100 PSI water pressure( and me without a regulator) I hope that I just blew some seals rather than anything serious.
Grady,
Get something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Renator-M11-0...ater+regulator

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote