Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Full time adventures start today...

Well last week we made the decision to go full time. We put our house up on the market and it sold the first day to the first couple that looked at it. Guess we weren't asking enough for the place. Well this last week end we had a estate sale and sold just about every thing. Last night was the last night we slept in the house. This door is just about closed now and cant wait until we can open the next door. The DW has already retired and is a gate attendant out at the park. I have another 2 years or so but mean while we will have the MH paid off before we hit the road for good. Funny feeling to be some what homeless now....

Old 06-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 34F
State: Michigan
THOR #7673
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post
Well last week we made the decision to go full time. We put our house up on the market and it sold the first day to the first couple that looked at it. Guess we weren't asking enough for the place. Well this last week end we had a estate sale and sold just about every thing. Last night was the last night we slept in the house. This door is just about closed now and cant wait until we can open the next door. The DW has already retired and is a gate attendant out at the park. I have another 2 years or so but mean while we will have the MH paid off before we hit the road for good. Funny feeling to be some what homeless now....
Congrats! I doubt we ever go full time, but part time (about 6 months a year) is definitely in our plans. I look forward to reading about your adventures.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #3

Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
State: Florida
THOR #1907
Congratulations on your decision to full time. Big step and something many of us have in our dreams to try some day. Enjoy the journey and stay in touch with your experiences.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats!! We will be joining the full time ranks on July 1, when I retire. The condo is up for sale, hope to see it sold soon. We figured it is time to enjoy life while we are young enough to be able to do the things we want to do.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #5

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Much like you, our home sold very quickly and we had just purchased our first 38' fiver. We spent 3 years of exploring this great country before buying another home. We loved every minute of it.

Congrats and safe travels!
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Good choice! I'm at 2 months. A "newby"! I'm slowly figuring it out.
Safe travels and don't forget to wave.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Congrats and best wishes for a smooth transition! I don't think I could go FT, but would love trying it and keeping a small stationary home someplace to use as home base.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #8

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Texas
THOR #1406
Mustang. Please, keep us updated. We'll never FT, therefore I'll live mines thru yall.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:57 AM   #9

THOR #3789
Well day 2 and we are trying to figure out where to store our winter cloths and a 50 pound bag of dog food. Still have a few things from the house with us and down sizing. I never thought I would worry about things like this. oh we also ordered a new mattress a few weeks ago and got it in. WOW... almost like the one we use to have in the house. Best 1000 bucks I have spent on MH so far. sure will be glad when we do closing on the house, about 3 weeks or so.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:14 AM   #10

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Sounds like things are progressing well for you! Best wishes for a Great journey!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 04:21 AM   #11

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
In 2 weeks we will have been fulltime 9 years & have enjoyed every second of it & hope you will also. Speaking of finding storage spots, we had an annual (some times more often) ritual of going through our stuff & if we didn't use it in a year it was gone, buy a new shirt you get rid of a shirt.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:14 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
We have been full time for a week now. We are currently at the FMCA National Rally in Indianapolis, should be a great time. Yes, we had to make some hard choices as to what to keep (and bring along) and what to either toss out, sell or give away. Some items got stored at my MIL’s place in NY for wintertime use. Other items went with the kids when they came and checked all of the stuff out for themselves.

This newly retired and “homeless” thing is pretty fun... but not for the feint of heart.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #13

THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post

This newly retired and “homeless” thing is pretty fun... but not for the feint of heart.
We are now comin up on a month, "not for the feint of heart" is right. I really don't think everyone could do it. We love it. Still trying to think of more storage ideas. Thinking of some type of roof top car storage box for the seasonal stuff. We also covered a few of the windows with that silver bubble wrap insulation stuff to help with this Texas heat and also bought a 10,000 btu portable A/C unit. Much cooler now...