Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #14384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
With 5 more feet of coach and chassis vs the 29M it needs to be on that chassis. That's a lot more dry weight than mine.

What is your ccc?

Old 05-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #22

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by apr67 View Post
What is your ccc?
Offhand I cannot remember the CCC. As I loaded things I was estimating weights and trying to keep it well dispersed. I just got too many numbers jumbled in my head eventually. The GVWR is 18K and GCWR is 23K. Front axle rated at 7K and rear at 12K. I am well under the axle ratings and weight is distributed well. I just wish they had built this in the 20.5k chassis. If the ACE is on a 16k chassis that will be difficult to maintain.

All that being said I have this thing ready for any possible trip. I also probably have a hundred pounds of bottled water, bourbon, and wine stored on board.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #23

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
The CCC on my coach (31S) is 2,400 lbs. I always travel with full water as the tank is in the basement right behind the battery compartment so most of the weight is on the front axle plus it helps with the ride. With all the usable basement storage around the rear axle, plus the outside kitchen and the spare tire carrier, the rear axle weight (12,000 lbs) is my limiting factor.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #24

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Quote:
All that being said I have this thing ready for any possible trip. I also probably have a hundred pounds of bottled water, bourbon, and wine stored on board.

Our kind of traveling! We've gotta meet up somewhere!
Old 05-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
You Have Great Taste!!

We have a Windsport 29m 2018. These coaches are cousins, only diff is the paint and interior colors. Same identical floorplan. We love ours. It has been a year May 1st and we are just now seeing the light at the end of "No more repairs or broken items"!! I know as it gets used things will fail or break, that's to be expected. The water issue I have never heard of but we have had many things go south or give us a head scratch moment. You live, learn and hopefully, when things quit working you know how to reset the switch or fix without calling CW or a friend. Enjoy your Hurricane!! Bob Trice
Old 05-11-2019, 10:38 PM   #26

State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Last Saturday we signed papers and traded the trusty Four Winds. Spent Sunday organizing all the storage and getting it settled. So this weekend we finally got it out on the road for a short trip.

But wow...I sure carry a lot of crap. Both of us, the 2 dogs, full of gas, propane, supplies, and fresh water I only have 650 pounds to spare. Tow dolly tongue weight is 300#, so we will be JUST under. I was a bit concerned about the 18k pound chassis, but at least I am not overloaded. And it fits in the garage. Weight is distributed well also. I had an alignment added as part of our deal, so now I get it aligned all loaded next week.

And I am NOT bashing Thor nor inviting diatribes about their poor workmanship or attention to detail, but we found 2 issues so far. One of them is actually comical. First is the water heater does not work on electric. I opened it outside, and there is no reset switch in this one. So not sure what to do about that other than have them fix it.

The funny thing is this. They plumbed the unit wrong. So...on pump some of our faucets are fine while others are reversed for hot and cold. Put it on city water and it is the opposite. I noticed while filling the dog bowl the water was hot. Meanwhile Melissa is in the shower screeching about no hot water. I tell her to try the cold side and she gets scalded. I put it on city water and everything is ass backwards from that. And nothing is consistent on one source or the other. Kitchen, outside kitchen, shower, bath sink...some are one way and others are different. I just found that funny as we made a list of which water comes from where depending on the source.
We went on our Trial Camp this past week and I noticed some of what you stated. My husband said the "hot" water issue was because our hose was in the sun. I will have to check more closely next voyage and see if I see some of what you suggested. I just let the water "run" a bit before sticking my hands under...
Old 05-11-2019, 11:30 PM   #27

Model: 29M
State: Nevada
THOR #13044
New Hurricane

We picked up our 2019 29M last July in Elkhart, IN. Our water heater also went out on our trip back to Vegas. Over all very pleased with our purchase. Put the sumo springs on myself and has improved the ride. Alignment was toed in from the factory and steering grease fittings were dry. Might be worth having checked. Only other main issue was the overhead cabinets came loose in the front on our last trip to California. Had to brace them up to make it home. They used self tapping screws into pressed board.

Considering the cheap fix and a steering stabilizer.

Enjoy
Old 05-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #28

State: Illinois
THOR #11369
No QC on Thor?

Not to get started on Thor's lack of Quality Control, that would be an endless conversation. But, our Hurricane came out of the factory with one window on the bedroom slide installed upside down! And that was just the start of a long list of items that could have been corrected before delivery with a minimal QC program. Thank goodness we bought our unit at a local dealership that has worked with us to correct these items.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #29

THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by castlefinnkid View Post
Not to get started on Thor's lack of Quality Control, that would be an endless conversation. But, our Hurricane came out of the factory with one window on the bedroom slide installed upside down! And that was just the start of a long list of items that could have been corrected before delivery with a minimal QC program. Thank goodness we bought our unit at a local dealership that has worked with us to correct these items.
That's an odd thing to have happen. A good local dealer is key. Good we both have one. And seems every thread in here someone turns into a "crappy QC" thread. Thankful I've not had any serious issues with which to contend.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:39 AM   #30

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Last Saturday we signed papers and traded the trusty Four Winds. Spent Sunday organizing all the storage and getting it settled. So this weekend we finally got it out on the road for a short trip.

But wow...I sure carry a lot of crap. Both of us, the 2 dogs, full of gas, propane, supplies, and fresh water I only have 650 pounds to spare. Tow dolly tongue weight is 300#, so we will be JUST under. I was a bit concerned about the 18k pound chassis, but at least I am not overloaded. And it fits in the garage. Weight is distributed well also. I had an alignment added as part of our deal, so now I get it aligned all loaded next week.

And I am NOT bashing Thor nor inviting diatribes about their poor workmanship or attention to detail, but we found 2 issues so far. One of them is actually comical. First is the water heater does not work on electric. I opened it outside, and there is no reset switch in this one. So not sure what to do about that other than have them fix it.

The funny thing is this. They plumbed the unit wrong. So...on pump some of our faucets are fine while others are reversed for hot and cold. Put it on city water and it is the opposite. I noticed while filling the dog bowl the water was hot. Meanwhile Melissa is in the shower screeching about no hot water. I tell her to try the cold side and she gets scalded. I put it on city water and everything is ass backwards from that. And nothing is consistent on one source or the other. Kitchen, outside kitchen, shower, bath sink...some are one way and others are different. I just found that funny as we made a list of which water comes from where depending on the source.

Hummm. You would think an old Navy man wouldn't have water issues. I'm sending your DW an Army tshirt. 😀
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:54 AM   #31

State: California
THOR #9399
We had switched hot/cold water when hooked up to city water when we bought our new Hurricane. All of the facets were opposite, and the toilet flushed hot water. It took three trips to the dealer 9 months before the technicians figured out it had been plumbed incorrectly, and corrected the pipes.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #32

THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieHV View Post
We had switched hot/cold water when hooked up to city water when we bought our new Hurricane. All of the facets were opposite, and the toilet flushed hot water. It took three trips to the dealer 9 months before the technicians figured out it had been plumbed incorrectly, and corrected the pipes.
That's so odd it took them 3 trips over 9 months. Doesn't it sound exactly like incorrectly run plumbing?

The weird thing on our's was on city one side was fine and opposite side was wrong. Switch to pump and it was reversed. Our shop found the issue right away and salt was was a simple connection issue reversed. I couldn't tell from the schematic wht it was different from different sources.

But it was funny the day my wife discovered the hot toilet water. I old her I ordered this rig with the spa option and that was a winter perk...just turn it off for now.