Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2018, 09:17 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #11928
The HDMI from the living room set is in the cabinet above the sink. I currently have it connected directly into the sat box. The one I'm unable to find is the termination end coming from the external set. I was able to chase it under the microwave and then up into a hole along side the fridge! I'd have to tear the whole area apart to follow it further, lol!

Old 07-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propwash View Post
The HDMI from the living room set is in the cabinet above the sink. I currently have it connected directly into the sat box. The one I'm unable to find is the termination end coming from the external set. I was able to chase it under the microwave and then up into a hole along side the fridge! I'd have to tear the whole area apart to follow it further, lol!
I'll take a look at mine next week. If you want I can give you a number to a factory rep who is very familiar with Vegas 24.1.

BTW, I just got rid of my couch last week as it was very uncomfortable. Is yours the same? Perhaps they wised up and put something in a little easier to sit on.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:52 PM   #23

THOR #11928
Talking to a good rep may be what I need to do. I tried the customer care route, but current response is "you should be able to follow it"... Just wish I could!!

I do agree. Mine is a 2018, and the couch is definitely not very comfortable! Have seen a where a few others in this forum have replaced the couch with recliners. That may be something I'll consider in the future.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #24

THOR #11928
OK....I think I finally located it..... in the upper rear corner of the lower compartment below the external tv!

I can't understand why customer would not be able tor provide that info. Hopefully, that will solve the connection problem. Now if there was a way to connect to the bedroom tv too, lol!
Old 07-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
A lot of that information (where the HDMI cables are) can be found in Ed's crowd sourced owner's manual:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

We replaced the couch in our 24.1 with recliners from Shop4Seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-03 15.42.39.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	11622
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:36 AM   #26

THOR #11928
Thanks. Downloading his "manual" was one of the first things I did after finding this forum. He sure put a lot of work into it!

I finally located the HDMI termination that I was looking for. Wasn't easy for these old knees to get down to look back into that bottom compartment. Was able to finally locate the plug with a bright flashlight, lol.

Sure would have been nice if THOR included wiring locations for this stuff in their owners manual!
Old 07-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #27

THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
A lot of that information (where the HDMI cables are) can be found in Ed's crowd sourced owner's manual:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

We replaced the couch in our 24.1 with recliners from Shop4Seats.

Attachment 11622
Nice!

Hey Thor, that couch should be standard equipment! However, some "executive" probably said we can get this couch cheeper and add a kids sleeping area as if 4 sleeping spots in a 25 foot RV weren't enough.

We took our couch out and have replaced it with 2 Zero Gravity Outdoor Reclining Chairs until our Stressless Recliners come in Norway this Labor Day. Then the 0 G outdoor chairs can be used outside.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #28

THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propwash View Post
Thanks. Downloading his "manual" was one of the first things I did after finding this forum. He sure put a lot of work into it!

I finally located the HDMI termination that I was looking for. Wasn't easy for these old knees to get down to look back into that bottom compartment. Was able to finally locate the plug with a bright flashlight, lol.

Sure would have been nice if THOR included wiring locations for this stuff in their owners manual!
Or perhaps notes on the TV pointing out that the cable is here. Or better yet, include smart TV's.