Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2017, 04:43 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #7738
Exterior Kitchen

I just bought a Thor hurricane 29M. When I looked at it there was a BBQ in the storage compartment. Then when I picked it up it was gone. When I called they told me the BBQ was optional. I have looked all all the websites I can find and they all say it is included in the exterior kitchen. Does anyone know if they are ever sold from the factory without the BBQ?

Old 06-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjlindsey View Post
I just bought a Thor hurricane 29M. When I looked at it there was a BBQ in the storage compartment. Then when I picked it up it was gone. When I called they told me the BBQ was optional. I have looked all all the websites I can find and they all say it is included in the exterior kitchen. Does anyone know if they are ever sold from the factory without the BBQ?
My MH also has the outdoor kitchen, I asked about the BBQ when we first started looking at this model. They told me it comes with all units with a out door kitchen. Maybe the dealer was short one and gave yours away to some one else. Call Thor and see what they say. Here check this out under ENTERTAINMENT
https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/2..._Hurricane.pdf
• Exterior Kitchen with 2.6 cu. ft. Refrigerator, Sink & Portable Gas Grill (29M, 31S, 34F, 34J & 34P)
Old 06-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
It is shipped with the units having an outside kitchen. Tell the crooks you expect the thieves to return yours.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjlindsey View Post
The grille is standard in the 2017 models. It was discontinued in the 2018 models.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
The BBQ company went out of business, or so I have heard. I'm guessing that Thor may have run out of grills and that's why yours shipped without one. Your coach is advertised as having a grill. I would call Thor and say the included BBQ was one of the reasons you bought the coach, they might accidentally be able to find a grill for you!
Old 06-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #6
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The BBQ company went out of business, or so I have heard. I'm guessing that Thor may have run out of grills and that's why yours shipped without one. Your coach is advertised as having a grill. I would call Thor and say the included BBQ was one of the reasons you bought the coach, they might accidentally be able to find a grill for you!
They are still selling them, I see them on the web. I had the dealer include one as part of the deal when I ordered my 2018 Windsport.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #7

THOR #7738
Update

Well I called customer service and they told me if the BBQ is included it will be listed on the sales ticket. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of it but I called the finance manager and told him I wanted a copy. He said he would get one for me. So hopefully this will all work out.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:51 AM   #8

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Bnjlindsey,

When we purchased our unit it had a big sticker stuck to the inside of one of the cabinet doors called "Component Serial Numbers". Under the title was the porduction number of our unit, unit no, sales order, model number and name, VIN and then the serial numbers of all the original equipment in the RV from AC to Water Heater. See if you can find this on your unit, it should list a BBQ if it was ment to be on your unit.

I also contacted THor (574)-266-1111 and requested a copy of the Standard Equipment and the Optional Equipment on my unit (VIN needed) and I got that listing too.

The BBQ grill should be listed on one of these two sources if you were supposed to get it.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:53 AM   #9

THOR #7738
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Bnjlindsey,

When we purchased our unit it had a big sticker stuck to the inside of one of the cabinet doors called "Component Serial Numbers". Under the title was the porduction number of our unit, unit no, sales order, model number and name, VIN and then the serial numbers of all the original equipment in the RV from AC to Water Heater. See if you can find this on your unit, it should list a BBQ if it was ment to be on your unit.

I also contacted THor (574)-266-1111 and requested a copy of the Standard Equipment and the Optional Equipment on my unit (VIN needed) and I got that listing too.

The BBQ grill should be listed on one of these two sources if you were supposed to get it.

Doc

Thanks Doc. I will look for that.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:01 AM   #10

THOR #5196
I just looked at my factory sticker. In the right column, under Outside Kitchen it lists 2.6 cubic ft refrigerator, sink, and gas grill. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1575.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	5134  
Old 06-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #11

State: Alaska
THOR #6879
Our ACE came with a Aussie Grill.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #12

THOR #5196
I randomly looked at the Thor website and coaches with outside kitchens still have a gas grill listed as being included. Doesn't show pictures or state what kind.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #13

THOR #7701
They gave me a Coleman grill but I don't have an outside kitchen
Old 06-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #14

THOR #7738
Finally resolved

Thank you so much for all the replies. I called customer service to get a copy of the order slip and the grill was not included. They also were nice enough to send me the missing clips for the screens. I have yet to get a response from Camping World. I still have some Minor repairs that need to be made and I can't get the service manager to return my call. I may end up doing them myself because this is getting ridiculous. Happy travels and thanks again.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #15
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If I recall correctly someone posted changes for the 2016 to 2017 model years in a thread on the forum and I believe one change made was the removal of the grill.

Also, I checked with the Aussie folks awhile back and they no longer make the grill that was provided with the outdoor kitchens.

Neither the Challenger nor Miramar list the grill as part of the outdoor kitchen.

Could be the disclaimer at work. They reserve the right to make changes to specs without notice (fine print on most of the brochures).

BTW, the Aussie that came with my Challenger was crap and I replaced it with a Weber Q 2200 using the on board LPG. About 15.00 in parts and 30 minutes of time.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #16

THOR #7738
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
If I recall correctly someone posted changes for the 2016 to 2017 model years in a thread on the forum and I believe one change made was the removal of the grill.

Also, I checked with the Aussie folks awhile back and they no longer make the grill that was provided with the outdoor kitchens.

Neither the Challenger nor Miramar list the grill as part of the outdoor kitchen.

Could be the disclaimer at work. They reserve the right to make changes to specs without notice (fine print on most of the brochures).

BTW, the Aussie that came with my Challenger was crap and I replaced it with a Weber Q 2200 using the on board LPG. About 15.00 in parts and 30 minutes of time.

Yes someone did post a change in the 2017 and 2018 models. However the website has not been updated. Thus the confusion. Thor customer service confirmed the change and verified that my unit was not ordered with one. They were very helpful answering several questions that I had too. Great customer service. I will call them again if I have more questions. Certainly won't call the dealership as they have yet to return my messages.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:28 PM   #17

THOR #5196
While I agree the Aussie grill is cheap mine does work good. I'll continue to use it until it breaks before I invest in another grill.

I was pretty sure I had read the RV model was discontinued.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #18

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
My Aussie Grill is still in its box sitting under the bed. One of the first things I bought for my 29M was an 18" Weber charcoal grill. The flavor of charcoal cant be beat.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #19

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
My Aussie Grill is still in its box sitting under the bed. One of the first things I bought for my 29M was an 18" Weber charcoal grill. The flavor of charcoal cant be beat.

Jerry
I couldn't agree more about charcoal but I'm lazy on the road and use the propane. Plus Myra doesn't give me a lot of advance notice about when we're going to eat!!!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 PM   #20

Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
I used my Aussie grill several times. It was hard to control flare ups and regulate a good cooking temp. It often became a mess. I would disassemble and pressure wash the unit. After 2 years, the all metal grill wasn't cutting it any longer.

Last month I bought a Weber Q1200. Was looking at the Q2200 but the price was pretty good on the Q1200. The size is just right for the two of us. I also like the coated cooking grates, makes for easier clean up. I am using up my old portable propane bottles and already have the parts ready to remove the grill's regulator and connect directly to my RV's line.

I recommend a Weber Q and converting.

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote