Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2017, 02:47 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
I tried using the search on this Forum but struck out. A few questions for anyone with the 25.3 Model. First and foremost, must the bed be "folded-up" when the slide is in? How comfortable is it to watch TV in the main room from the dream dinette?

Doc
BED - We do but my wife puts it in upside down (folded forward) and she just slides it in and flips it back to open. As long as its not jammed aganist the wall I don't see the problem (tilted up is what you are thinking?)

Dinette - my wife and I don't like dinettes so we sold it to nice couple and Thor forum members with a 24.1 who took out the sofa and put in the dinette.
I raised the floor in that area up to the cockpit (same level). It has space underneath.

And put in two lambright wall hunger recliners. My answer to your question for us was no.

What I like about the 25.3 vs other models - largest galley (counter space);
two large closets and drawers (one each for the two of us); largest shower and bathroom sink. Largest fresh water and grey water tanks.

It would be nice to have the large compartment in the back like the 24.1 but I have a flip up storage rack (which goes in the receiver) if we are not towing the jeep as we use the jeep's back for storage if we must (rarely)

Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Baddad,

Thanks for the insight. We have two large dogs and having the back bed folded so they can sleep on it while we are driving is what I'm wondering.

Nice looking recliners, we love ours (I wish it could be a factory option) and catching a quick nap on one of them while traveling is not a problem.

Also, thanks for the insight on other characterists of the unit (the 24.1 has the smallest shower of the group).

Like I mentioned above, I wish you could order it without the drop-down bed for a weight and cost savings. With only the two of us the drop-down is a complicated and costly option that is not used.

Safe Travels.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #23

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
....cut....

Like I mentioned above, I wish you could order it without the drop-down bed for a weight and cost savings. With only the two of us the drop-down is a complicated and costly option that is not used.

Safe Travels.

Doc
Doc, have you thought about asking Thor if they would build it that way? As I recall that's what you suggested to me when I mentioned I'd like a 24.1 without a front slide. I did ask, and they said no. I'm fairly sure you'd get same answer, but it's worth asking.

I think if they only do a few units, it would cost more to delete the bed. It's similar to when minivans first offered a sliding door on driver side as an option. When so many buyers purchased that option, the manufacturer reportedly made it a standard part of minivan because it cost too much to build a few without the door.

I personally like the overhead bed, and expect most buyers would also want it, although you make a good case for it being an option. I believe Winnebago offers the overhead bed in Reyo (similar to Axis 24.1 in size) as an option.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #24

THOR #2142
Chance,

Good to hear from you. Yeah I'm sure they have "number crunchers" that can give an answer to 4 decimal points of what any departure from the standard build would cost. But, we can still dream.

Doc

Old 03-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #25

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Yes you can fold the bed to sleep on it ..my son did it while we traveled. With a dog mat on top would work fine you just need a step for them to get up on it. Didn't use the drop for first six months than used it on two trip. Second time it would not go all the way on one side. The motor was loose on that side...suggest you try it a few times to make sure it's working even you don't plan on using it.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #26

THOR #2142
Baddad,

We used the drop down bed the first few trips out when our youngest son was still living with us. He is now in Ga and prefers to sleep on the recliner if he comes up and visits us when we are camping.

Doc