Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2019, 01:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: New York
THOR #16551
Toddler carseat safety

We may travel with our grandson at times and I was just wondering how we are going to strap in his car seat. Our RV has a jack knife sofa that sits along the side of the RV. We have no clue if it would be safe to strap the seat there as he should be rear facing. How do others travel with a toddler in a smaller class A?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:32 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
Maybe a seatbelt extension hooked to couch belt and then down to an eye hook below the couch? Modifications necessary.
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #3

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
my theory is the best place is the belted bench of the forward facing dinette seat (if you have one)....with the table in "bed" mode

as far as I remember from the not so long ago years dealing with car seats and boosters...these things are all intended for use in forward facing seats...either flipped around rearward for the younger kids and forward facing for the older.
They aren't set up for side facing. Most don't even have decent side impact protection.

We did at times set up our kids in booster seats on the sofa but not often. Normally they would be at the dinette. And most of the time we'd have the table up in eat mode but I was always aware that it makes a pretty good head knocker in the case of forward collision.

In bed more the head knocker table is out of the picture.