Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #81

Brand: Crossroads
State: Ohio
THOR #424
Larry... So sorry for your loss. I know how painful it can be. Still grieving myself but grateful for the memories and time together.
RIP Panama

Nice site to visit https://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Old 08-03-2016, 01:00 AM   #82
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
It has been a sad weekend for us as we lost one of our pups during our weekend camping trip. Sydney the Aussie Shepherd had been sick for several weeks,
We are sad to hear of your loss....our companions, whether at home or on the road are such an important part of our lives.
Great memories keep them in our hearts forever.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:10 AM   #83

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
Leaving for FourPaws Kingdom in Rutherfordton, NC. RV Park for the dogs. Octoberfest (barktoberfest?) is this weekend. Excellent German style dinner for the folks and activities for the dogs too.

http://www.4pawskingdom.com/
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:55 AM   #84
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
Leaving for FourPaws Kingdom in Rutherfordton, NC. RV Park for the dogs. Octoberfest (barktoberfest?) is this weekend. Excellent German style dinner for the folks and activities for the dogs too.

Four Paws Kingdom - The best kept secret for Camping with your Dog!
We enjoyed their activities last year. We were even sick enough to take 2 cats along with our dog. The cats had a blast sitting in the bedroom window messing with the dogs as they walked by.

Enjoy, the put on a good festival.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #85

State: Maryland
THOR #4676
Thanks on the Big Dog reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitebob View Post
Yes, we traveled in a Lance Camper Truck for 6,000 miles with them. Wow, talk about crowded. But we don't go anywhere without them. Now as you can see I have a 33SW, and yes, they are still in the way, but you gotta love them. They are trained to not get on the bed during the night while we are sleeping, the rest of the coach is there's at that time. And all we have to tell them is to move, and they do so. When we have company, we tell them to go to the front. And that is where you saw them sitting in our driving seats They are really good about traveling and love it too.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, our two feel the same way, also the one likes to get in the drivers's seat now. I think he's on guard all thru the night. We decided to train them to sleep on the dinette cushions, but of course they both favor the right side cushion for some reason. Puppies!
Old 10-13-2016, 03:48 AM   #86

Brand: DRV
THOR #4935
Eleven years now Chamois has been traveling with us. When I get tired of driving I let her take over, lol.

Glenn 08 36tk3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:20 AM   #87

Model: WINDSPORT
State: Texas
THOR #4417
Our beautiful girl is new to rv travel, as are my husband and I. She takes over what ever part of the rv. Found her in the window in the bedroom looking out the window as we were getting ready for a trip. Then giving the look like, what??? She is a rescue baby and gets special treatment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160401_16_45_57_Moment (2).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	3161  
Old 10-17-2016, 12:33 AM   #88

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
We enjoyed their activities last year. We were even sick enough to take 2 cats along with our dog. The cats had a blast sitting in the bedroom window messing with the dogs as they walked by.

Enjoy, the put on a good festival.
I believe we went the week after you last year. Always a good time, and some of the same faces from last year. New owners but really working to maintain the atmosphere. Left this morning and ran the Blue Ridge Parkway from Linville Falls to Asheville, leaves are just right at higher altitudes.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:43 AM   #89

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Elevation 3410
State: British Columbia
THOR #5932
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDFDH View Post
Our beautiful girl is new to rv travel, as are my husband and I. She takes over what ever part of the rv. Found her in the window in the bedroom looking out the window as we were getting ready for a trip. Then giving the look like, what??? She is a rescue baby and gets special treatment.
I am new too,your dog looks really cute.Don't worry she will have a blast Rving
Old 11-14-2016, 10:49 PM   #90

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Our traveling rovers. Trouble and Ranger...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gtrgtr.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	3360   Click image for larger version

Name:	nhntr6776.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	3361  

Old 11-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #91

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #5936
Hi, I am a newbie with three furry boy's, I also have a 2016 Axis 25.2, curious how you set up your camper with the pups?
Old 11-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #92
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Cats, claws & furniture

Yes...we travel with KC .. our little man liked the end of our couch..and we had covered it to prevent him from shredding it, .... then, we found that a touch of Vicks Rub would deter him. (read an article on how many uses Vicks has)
It works...apparently, this odor will keep our beloved pets away from certain areas.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:25 AM   #93

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKBLUE12 View Post
Hi, I am a newbie with three furry boy's, I also have a 2016 Axis 25.2, curious how you set up your camper with the pups?
Newbie here with 2016 25.2 and two furry gals and one guy. We have kennels set up one in bedroom area (for the largest guy, 50 lb elkhound), then two in the living room area for the smaller gals. This is for traveling, and keeps them safe and secure while moving. We followed other suggestions here on the forum and built a platform to cover the steps, which keeps the kids from falling down them, and also gives us some extra doggie room in the living area. What kind of guys do you have?
Old 12-04-2016, 03:29 AM   #94

Model: 2014 Siesta 24 ST
State: Louisiana
THOR #6042
How do you upload an image ?
Old 12-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #95

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
I'm Pink retired Grayhound
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	3459  
Old 12-04-2016, 12:24 PM   #96
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaming Vernon View Post
How do you upload an image ?
On the editing window you should see a button that says Advanced or Go Advanced. Once you click that button the window should re-appear with icon, one of which is a paperclip. Click the arrow to the right of the paperclip and another window should open allowing you to select the image for posting.

As a note the procedure works slightly different depending on the browser and platform that you are using. For example IE allows me to post 4 images while Chrome only allows me to post 2.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #97

Model: 2014 Siesta 24 ST
State: Louisiana
THOR #6042
Co-pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
On the editing window you should see a button that says Advanced or Go Advanced. Once you click that button the window should re-appear with icon, one of which is a paperclip. Click the arrow to the right of the paperclip and another window should open allowing you to select the image for posting.

As a note the procedure works slightly different depending on the browser and platform that you are using. For example IE allows me to post 4 images while Chrome only allows me to post 2.
Perfect !
Great instructions.
We take our pups with us every chance we get. Now, instead of a crowded SUV, they ride in comfort in the RV.
All rescued from the side of the road. Literally found in ditches, as tiny sick pups, years apart.
Ponyo', 1 yr old, found sick, deaf and having seizures.
Erin, 3 yrs old, sick, skin and bone and found in the rain. She's got anxiety but loves her rides !
Guinness, the Yorkie we all live to serve. ( If you ask him ). 7 yrs old, seizures but very well managed. He too loves his carriage rides with the peasants.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161203_212430.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	3460  
Old 02-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #98

Model: Challenger 37LX
THOR #6310
Question

These are our motorhome companions. Two Weimaraners and a small pit mix. From left to right, they are Ike, Lily, and Caesar. Our last RV was an older class A and I didn't stress too much about where they claimed their spots, however having just spent 6 figures on a new RV I'm not so willing to let them on the furniture. I have purchased covers but I'm also trying to teach old dogs new tricks!

My question for those of you who travel with dogs in a class A, particularly multiple large dogs, how do you keep them from taking over the cockpit when you're driving?? The pit mix is great, she'll curl up in her bed for the ride, but the Weims spend the entire journey jockeying for a front row seat, hot dog breath and all. One would be under my husbands feet while he drives if he could.

Has anyone come up with a "barrier" or some other way to keep them back, just behind the seats? I tried a wooden baby gate that we use at home but there's no good spots to really secure it.
Save
Save
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dogs in RV.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	3987  
Old 02-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #99

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3487
Dogs in RV

When our "boys" were younger, they snuggled on the furniture at home. With new leather furniture, they learned to keep off. Therefore with the RV it was never an issue and they kept to their mattresses. They have now crossed the "rainbow bridge" but they still travel with us in spirit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo(5).jpg
Views:	140
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	3989   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	3990  

Old 02-25-2017, 12:14 AM   #100

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Newbie here with 2016 25.2 and two furry gals and one guy. We have kennels set up one in bedroom area (for the largest guy, 50 lb elkhound), then two in the living room area for the smaller gals. This is for traveling, and keeps them safe and secure while moving. We followed other suggestions here on the forum and built a platform to cover the steps, which keeps the kids from falling down them, and also gives us some extra doggie room in the living area. What kind of guys do you have?

Hi Mike, sorry it took so long to respond, learning how to navigate through the forum.
I have three boys all of whom are nine years old, yellow Labrador Sam, mix Mutt Ace, and last but least a Frenchbull dog Choppers. My boys usually travel in their harness buckle up in the back seat of my car when we were tent camping but now it will be a new adventure in the Axis 25.2.
Our first trip will be in April. So far I have built the platform for the stairs as well.
How do you anchor the kennels in your RV?