Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #5410
What is this coaxial jack for

I have a Freedom Elite 22fe motor home. Located in the small cabinet over the are some AV components. That is where the DVD player is located as well as a switch plate where the antenna booster button is located. On that switch plate is a jack where a coaxial cable could attach. What is that jack for. It seems to be related to the roof antenna possibly. I can’t find anything in the manual

Old 06-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
I've got the same "ball of snakes" up in my cabinet also...
I have a line of coax going in to the plug: I assume that it's either for the Blu-ray player; or the cable TV line...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #3

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
That's the coaxial output for either the antenna or the camp cable. My previous tt had the plate behind the main tv and that tv used it. Behind the plate there is a splitter and most of our units just use that one.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
That coax receptacle on the antenna power plate is connected through the splitter to the outside coax receptacle. It is to be used where the cable hookup is encrypted and a cable decoder box is needed. The output of the cable decoder box is HDMI. If you want to get into the system, just take out the screws in the power plate and start pulling out the wires. You will find the splitter and the antenna's power and the fuse for that power supply. All that is necessary if you want to bypass the splitter, which is necessary for Dish or DirecTV hookup to an outside antenna.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:19 AM   #5

THOR #5410
I have tried connecting a small tv to that jack with a coaxial cable to no avail. I do have a decoder box which I have used in some campgrounds. To connect that I unhooked the cable from the tv and hooked it to the decoder box and then to the tv with an hdmi cable. I had hoped I could use that jack to add cable to another tv but that doesn’t seem to be the case
Old 06-26-2018, 03:23 PM   #6

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
On mine it's the antenna booster. There is a small pushbutton on it to turn the booster on and off.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #7

THOR #5410
I understand that the antenna booster is on that plate. I have used it many times. I’m trying to find out what the jack on that plate is used for. I had hoped it was to connect another tv to the cable/antenna.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #8

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Yes, it is.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #9

Brand: DRV
Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
OK, so this is usually referred to as a booster join-tenna / polyswitch in that it can merge two discrete inputs to generally 2 outputs.
Behind the wall there are connections for OTA, and perhaps park cable or external Sat. connection. There is also another feed to a (bedroom?) TV.
Amp ON enables the OTA booster. Off allows throughput of cable or Sat. to both TVs.

*The TV near this plate connects to the F-connector via coax, to the TVs F-coax (NTSC) connection. Other HD items may be using HDMI.

You'll need to, through ea. TVs setup menu, select source, TV/ OTA As opposed to HDMI. Then run a channel scan for each of these modes of operation (OTA or cable, source material).
Best of luck

Wingard type equivalent manual: (*May have optional 12VDC lighter plug) Attached Files 2451486.pdf (340.7 KB, 8 views)
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote