Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Montana
THOR #7052
2016 & 2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 bedroom spongy floor

This is 2 of many problems with this unit

Has anyone had problems with the 2016 / 2017 40KSSB4 floor at the foot of the bed. Floor flexing in a 3 foot area, feels spongy. If so what did you find the problem to be. Was it the frame or the 5/8" wood. Since New - I have taken my shoes off. I then moved my foot along the carpet until I felt a dip in the floor. I then tapped the heal of my foot on the area that dipped (hollow sound). Then preceded to move to another area away from the effected area and tapped the heal of my foot on that area (solid sound). Also as you walk into the bedroom it also gives way at the base of the bed box. The rest of the RV floor is sold as a rock.

Trailer is under warranty, problem is the DRV Service Manager is refusing to fix the problem. I looked down as the technician was standing exactly were the floor problem is, I told him to look down and he would see the problem. The technician never looked down, he just looked straight at me and said it’s within spec. DRV is in full denial of the problem. I have contacted Lippert with the Chassis S/N and the engineer said it may be a defective weld.

It also has a heating issue as well. DRV Mobile Suites claims they have the best heat ducting system in the industry. The bedroom puts out as much air as a persons normal breathing. In the living area the 2 vents near the TV put out like they should and the vents near the recliners are 1/2 that and the rest hardly any air at all. I'd like to see if anyone is having the same heat problems as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Floor.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	4508   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06439 (Copy).JPG
Views:	152
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	4509  

Old 04-08-2017, 02:44 AM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #3109
A lot of the newer units are coming from the factory with crushed heater ductwork--it is a flimsy clear wire-wrapped plastic and DRV simply pushes then closed to clear corners and other obstructions. Open the sliding doors and trace the big ducts as far as you can see them. The BR heat duct is a rectangular sheet metal seen across the top of the basement area--check to make sure both ends are connected correctly. If the circular duct supplying air to the rectangular metal duct is ok, then the problem may be at the other end. I think there is only one? vent in the BR.
As to the floor, sounds like they did not get it fastened correctly to framing underneath--missed a screw or 2 or 3. Warranty deal, but sounds like that isn't going anywhere, so I don't know.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:38 AM   #3

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
I recall several members reporting vacuum system hose was crushing flimsy heater hose.I removed central vacuum for this reason.Also allows easier cheap heat install if wanted.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:12 PM   #4

State: Alabama
THOR #3543
Have the same problem with heat duct. InterVac hose is in the way. Heading for service later this month, hope to get corrected. As of now duct is torn so basement stays warm not the other areas.

FS
Old 04-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #5

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Sounds like the plywood is delaminated. Have someone stand transferring weight from one leg to another on the area and look from basement.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #6

State: Texas
THOR #7222
On my DRV Tradition I noticed when I opened the cargo doors it was very hot when we were running the furnace. Upon investigation I found the they had only taped one side of the furnace cap where the ducts attach and when the furnace came on the the cap would open up and 80% of the air was blowing out in the cargo bay.