Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
2016 DRV 43' Mobile Suites Atlanta build

We got the official word from Alicia yesterday. Our new Atlanta build has been approved by the DRV engineering dept. and is scheduled to go online Sept. 23 and come offline on October 5. Woohoo!!

I am not clear on the process after it comes offline though. Can anyone enlighten me?

We should take delivery the first part of November. We were hoping for sooner, but it is what it is.

Excitement does not begin to describe our feeling!!

Joe

Old 09-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #2

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Unless things have changed at Howe due to Thor's deep pockets, once it comes off the assembly line, it has to go offsite for paint. Prep and paint along with final inspection and prep for shipment probably eats up a lot of that month between assembly completion and delivery.

Congratulations and we wish you many years of enjoyment with your new DRV.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #3

THOR #1683
We got the official word from Alicia at Rolling Retreats that our rig is finished and is to be delivered to them in about a week. We have a couple of friends that are currently at the DRV factory getting work done on their Elite, and they were able to take a pict and send it to us.

Here it is!!

Excitement is building!
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3110.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	949  
Old 10-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #4

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Dang Joe that's purdee!
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #5

THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Dang Joe that's purdee!
Yes, I must agree with you! It will probably be the last DRV unit with that paint job. The Vegas Nights paint job is an Estates paint job. With DRV no longer doing Estates, this paint job is going away also.

Joe
Old 10-21-2015, 02:31 AM   #6

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
It's beautiful!!!
Old 10-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #7

THOR #1683
Our new rig should make an appearance in Elk City today (Friday)!! We will wait until Tuesday to head that direction. Slide needs to check everything out first. He also needs to transfer our washer/dryer, satellite dish, and mattress over to the new rig.

This week has just CRAWLED by. ha. I imagine the weekend will be super slow.

Joe
Old 10-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #8

THOR #1661
Very exciting!!!

We could not make it back to OK so we had their select transporter bring it to us.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #9

THOR #1683
Just heard from Alicia and our rig has arrived in Elk City!!

Joe
Old 10-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #10

THOR #1683
Alicia posted a video of the inside of our coach on the Rolling Retreats Facebook page. We are impressed with the initial looks. We have probably watched the video 20 times. Can't wait till Tuesday when we finally see it in person.

Joe
Old 10-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #11

THOR #2754
Congratulations!! Waiting is tough, but enjoy the anticipation. We've been there and done that before we drove from the Houston area to Knoxville, TN to pick ours up. I hope it give you many miles and years of pleasure.

Rusty
Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #12

Model: Mobile Suite 36RSSB3
State: Tennessee
THOR #1668
That's a beauty! What are you towing it with?
Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #13

THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tneagle View Post
That's a beauty! What are you towing it with?
We've got a 2014 Ram 3500 CC Cummins dually to haul it with. Looking forward to dragging the beast to Texas to get it registered and then on to southern Arizona for the winter.

Joe
Old 10-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #14

Model: Mobile Suite 36RSSB3
State: Tennessee
THOR #1668
Oh man, I envy you. Congrats & enjoy.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #15

THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tneagle View Post
Oh man, I envy you. Congrats & enjoy.
Thanks. Tomorrow should be a really exciting day for us!!

Joe
Old 10-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #16

THOR #1683
Initial impressions of our new Atlanta are VERY positive. We absolutely love it!

Now, mind you we are not in it yet. It has been delivered to RR and Slade has gone over it and found some things that need to be fixed. Thus he has ordered parts and such. I am hopeful that we can finalize and do paperwork and PDI and all the rest by middle of next week. We shall see.

It seems that DRV left a screw or two on the floor and thus the dining room slide was able to grab them and gouge the floor in a couple of places. Slade has ordered some new tiles. The smoke detector and the inverter are both beeping. I think the smoke detector just needs a new battery. The inverter may be beeping because it is on and the coach is connected to shore power also. Not sure though since I have never had a coach with an inverter. We ordered the oil rubbed fixtures (kind of a dark pewter) however, the pendent lights in the kitchen were shipped silver. All will be taken care of, just takes a little time.

An interesting note is that even though the rear bedroom comes with two bunks, DRV does not include a ladder to reach the top bunk. I thought that was odd.

Oh, this is our first experience with the straight line roof. Those upper cabinets above the love seat, the refrigerator, the back desk, etc are WAY UP THERE. ha. We made a trip to Walmart this morning to purchase a two step ladder so Debbie could reach those areas better. Not just better, but at all, they are so tall, she could not barely reach the bottom of those cabinets.

All in all, we are very pleased, but are so ready to start moving in. We have not been given the okay to do that yet.

Joe
Old 11-11-2015, 05:07 AM   #17

THOR #1683
After 10 days at Rolling Retreats, Slade pronounced our new 2016 MS Atlanta fit for us. We had our walk thru, signed papers, paid our money, and finished moving in all our stuff. We spent two more days/nights at RR doing our testing of all systems. We found nothing needing out attention. We left RR Monday morning heading for Texas. We stopped in Gainesville, TX to get the rig inspected. We then headed onto Aledo, TX for two nights. We had to go to the Dallas County Tax Assessor's office to pay the taxes and get it registered. We did that today. We also spent some more time with kids, grandkids, and sister.

Tomorrow morning, we head towards Arizona. Excited to be back on the road.

The only thing to happen on our maiden voyage from OK to TX is that one of the laundry folding doors lost 4 screws so two of the three hinges were no longer connected to the laundry cabinet. It seems that the screws used by DRV were only 1/2" long. I replaced them with 1" long screws and we are back in business.

We love this rig!!

Joe
Old 11-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #18

THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
Oh, this is our first experience with the straight line roof. Those upper cabinets above the love seat, the refrigerator, the back desk, etc are WAY UP THERE. ha. We made a trip to Walmart this morning to purchase a two step ladder so Debbie could reach those areas better. Not just better, but at all, they are so tall, she could not barely reach the bottom of those cabinets.
Yeah, that was a shocker for us. We both have to keep a stepstool handy to get to the top cabinets. When we got home with ours, we started to back into our covered storage bay - the rear A/C and ladder would hit the slanted roof of the storage building before we got all the way in. Since we've been there for 15 years, the owner of the storage facility who is also a welder/fabricator raised the roof of our storage bay 20".

Ours spent 7 days in pre-delivery prep at RVs for Less. Like you, we had no real problems when we took delivery - we just lost the 3 light bulbs in the pendant lamps over the kitchen island within the first week. I replaced them with NAPA-sourced bulbs and haven't lost one since. I think pre-delivery prep on these things is a key difference between the happy and unhappy owners you see on the internet forums.

Rusty
Old 11-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #19

THOR #1661
Joe I would highly suggest you just buy a box of 100 screws! I bought 3/4" X #8 phillips head screws. They are plenty strong to hold the doors in place. One of my doors pulled right off in my wife hands on the door slide above the recliners. Yes they were small 1/2" screws shown in pic. There is no rime our reason as to why some doors have the longer screws or the shorter screws. I just went from door to door and if a small screw came out I would replace it. I will bet I have replaced 25 screws so far.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #20

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
Congrats again!!! Were you able to get a dry weight to compare to their shipping weight?

How did the brake lines look?