Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2017, 02:15 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: Elite Suite 40KSSB4
State: Michigan
THOR #7004
Thumbs up 2017-2018 DRV Full Body Paint

I heard a rumor DRV is going to complete FBP on all 2017 MS and future fifth wheels. Has anyone heard the same rumors

Old 04-04-2017, 04:43 AM   #2

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_nicholson View Post
I heard a rumor DRV is going to complete FBP on all 2017 MS and future fifth wheels. Has anyone heard the same rumors
If they do, they will raise the price accordingly! We got the FBP on our 16 Atlanta and love it, but we paid for it too.

Joe
Old 04-04-2017, 04:52 AM   #3

Model: 40KSSB4
State: California
THOR #5723
Technically all the paint schemes are full body paint, even though they call some of them partial paint. I just picked up my 2017 MS 40KSSB4 with a "partial" paint job (Crimson Dusk). They call it partial because it has white in it and is not full color. The white, however is also paint. DRV switched to a gray gel coat some time back from the white they used to use. Now in order to get the white color in the partial paint schemes, it has to be painted. I have a friend with a 2015 MS which has the white gel coat and a partial paint job. There is definitely a lip of paint in all the transition areas from white to color. In my trailer's paint job, there is no transition lip from the white to the other colors because everything is paint which is then sanded and clear coated for the final finish.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #4

Model: Elite Suite 40KSSB4
State: Michigan
THOR #7004
It doesn't seem to be cost effective to have two paint systems similar or same. Cost for fbp vs partial paint is in the thousands. I guess time will tell on durability
Old 04-05-2017, 03:04 AM   #5

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
We had the opportunity to stop in Rolling Retreats in Elk City OK a few weeks ago. While talking to Alicia she told us all of the new DRVs are full body paint because they're using grey colored fiberglass and that EVERYTHING on the trailer now has to be painted. I can't speak of price as we were there to meet Alicia and Slade and just check them out.

I truly believe Alicia knows more about DRVs than DRV does! LOL She has an incredible knowledge of the various models, she really impressed us. Extremely helpful and gracious. I wish we would've purchased our current unit through them.

Dan
Old 04-06-2017, 04:21 AM   #6

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
I ordered a 36 mobile sweet from rr.I paid extra for full body paint.I also paid extra for painted slide ends.Ordered 1-17,pickup 36 6-17
Old 04-14-2017, 12:09 AM   #7

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
We had the opportunity to stop in Rolling Retreats in Elk City OK a few weeks ago. While talking to Alicia she told us all of the new DRVs are full body paint because they're using grey colored fiberglass and that EVERYTHING on the trailer now has to be painted. I can't speak of price as we were there to meet Alicia and Slade and just check them out.

I truly believe Alicia knows more about DRVs than DRV does! LOL She has an incredible knowledge of the various models, she really impressed us. Extremely helpful and gracious. I wish we would've purchased our current unit through them.

Dan
YEP this pic is from last June.