Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Hey there,

Sucks to hear stories like Ron's (Cummins) and Rusty JC's..... Our experience at Classic Paint was definitely "disappointing". I wouldn't and WON'T go back to that place for paint/body repairs again.

I believe DRVs are built better than the less expensive trailers out there but it's just sad to hear stories like Cummins and others. We've had some issues with our unit but not to the extent of Cummins.

We bought into the DRV line for the very same reasons you are considering your purchase. We "thought" if we spent more $$$ on a trailer we wouldn't have the problems the others seem to have but unfortunately that's no longer the case with DRV. IMHO they're too focused on profit and not enough on quality control. Good luck in your decision.

Dan

Old 11-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #22

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb1993 View Post
Cummins/Rusty,

Thank you both for taking the time to share your experiences. That's quite a list Rusty! My last trailer (a $30K bumper pull) had better fit and finish than what you are describing and that was after 10 years and 50K miles of service including two trips up to Alaska and back. Not to mention two growing boys doing the best they could to destroy it! .

I may be reconsidering DRV. At this price point, I would not expect those types of issues...squeaky sub-floors and out of square cabinets??? Really?? For half the cost, I can get into a nice fiver of "good" quality and in five years, buy another brand new one and be in for the same amount. Hmmmmmmm.....
The squeak is the metal register it's self.

I would still buy another DRV, BUT I would do it differently!

I would buy again from Alicia @ RollingRetreats in a heart beat! I would have Slade her Husband do the punch list. The list would be 100% to my satisfaction before the last 25% would be paid. Probably a few other details.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #23

THOR #1661
Quote:
Apologies...that's my old age (um..experience) kicking in.

Now, why did I just walk into the garage??
I would HIGHLY advise a sit down with Alicia @ RollingRetreats. Especially since you are in OK.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:11 PM   #24

Model: 36RSSB3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4763
Been living in ours since August 24th.. The wife and I LOVE it... There are, to me, some nickel dime things that I can fix. Only "biggie" I've noticed...when we turn on the furnace, the vent in the bedroom is not putting out any heat. Mostly, I've used the heat pump, down to 35 degrees and heats the entire 5er VERY WELL. Fit and finish on ours is really pretty doggone good, so again, living in it 24/7 since August 24th. we are very pleased with this unit. When I start feeling better, may look at the bedroom vent and try to figure out why no heat...everything else works perfectly...I got a great deal, so I'm happy with what we have and did purchase 7 yr extended warranty. I know it's insulated well, and the frameless dual pane dark tinted windows are great.

Jim
Old 11-06-2016, 01:18 AM   #25

State: Georgia
THOR #5807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I would HIGHLY advise a sit down with Alicia @ RollingRetreats. Especially since you are in OK.
Thanks. Already been there and spent an entire day with her. We were in the process of finalizing our order when I discovered your issues which has me reconsidering. It's not a matter of cost (I'm very thankful for where we have ended up in life), it's a matter of value for my dollar. Growing up very poor and working our way to this point makes me very aware of "value".

The left brain and right brain are at odds once again....ugggghhh, this was suppose to be fun!!
Old 11-06-2016, 03:33 AM   #26

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
Been living in ours since August 24th.. The wife and I LOVE it... There are, to me, some nickel dime things that I can fix. Only "biggie" I've noticed...when we turn on the furnace, the vent in the bedroom is not putting out any heat. Mostly, I've used the heat pump, down to 35 degrees and heats the entire 5er VERY WELL. Fit and finish on ours is really pretty doggone good, so again, living in it 24/7 since August 24th. we are very pleased with this unit. When I start feeling better, may look at the bedroom vent and try to figure out why no heat...everything else works perfectly...I got a great deal, so I'm happy with what we have and did purchase 7 yr extended warranty. I know it's insulated well, and the frameless dual pane dark tinted windows are great.

Jim
Jim,
Follow the duct. There were a couple of people here at the factory service that had the same issue about no heat in the bedroom. The flex duct got cut on something and you belly has been getting all of that heat. One of the customers said that they routed it really strange. Hope this helps you figure out your bedroom heat issue.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:41 AM   #27

THOR #1658
Well hope to be done on Monday now.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #28

State: Georgia
THOR #5807
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Ryan,

Do you mind sharing your "punch list" and what is taking so long?
Old 11-06-2016, 03:30 PM   #29

THOR #1661
Quote:
Thanks. Already been there and spent an entire day with her. We were in the process of finalizing our order when I discovered your issues which has me reconsidering. It's not a matter of cost (I'm very thankful for where we have ended up in life), it's a matter of value for my dollar. Growing up very poor and working our way to this point makes me very aware of "value".

The left brain and right brain are at odds once again....ugggghhh, this was suppose to be fun!!

Since you have been there you know she has facilities for you to stay on and the Foss state Park is near by. I would come up with a deal that you both can deal with that makes you assured the punch list will be taken care of before final payment and leaving her area.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #30

THOR #1661
Quote:
THAT's interesting!!! We had Monday thru Friday schedules and there was "NO WAY" we were allowed to come back. Even tho the list was not complete or some things were done wrong.

Ryan I am really pulling for you!!!
Old 11-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #31

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
THAT's interesting!!! We had Monday thru Friday schedules and there was "NO WAY" we were allowed to come back. Even tho the list was not complete or some things were done wrong.
Maybe DRV is getting some flexibility in its scheduling as they staff up and open additional bays at their new service center. Just speculation on my part, but any improvements would be nice....

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #32

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Maybe DRV is getting some flexibility in its scheduling as they staff up and open additional bays at their new service center. Just speculation on my part, but any improvements would be nice....

Rusty

Rusty it was more than that! Yes they were busy but I wanted about 20 minutes of someones time to fix a couple things they did not finish.

I would have put someone on overtime to fix the couple items they had not fixed.

Like i said I had a VERY optimistic attitude going into this as I had never said a bad thing about them as I planned to give them every opportunity to fit the items on my list that were no way out of line.

I can tell you I would insist on Chad being the contact person based on my experience with both.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:21 AM   #33

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
Rynosback,did your coach get fixed to your satisfaction at DRV??
Old 11-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #34

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Rynosback,did your coach get fixed to your satisfaction at DRV??
A couple of things did not get addressed, a couple were fixed and are back. Something's I did not get fixed as the outcome could have been worse. Over all, I am more pleased then disappointed.

The one thing that REALLY SHOCKS me is that the factory does not talk to the shop. As the shop sees the same issues over and over again. You would think that if they got feedback from the repair side, they could alter or change how they assemble somethings. They must be to big now to do that. But could you imagine if they did........
Old 11-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #35

Model: 40 KSSB4
State: Illinois
THOR #1717
Quote:
The one thing that REALLY SHOCKS me is that the factory does not talk to the shop. As the shop sees the same issues over and over again. You would think that if they got feedback from the repair side, they could alter or change how they assemble somethings. They must be to big now to do that. But could you imagine if they did........
Yes they do, when I was there in August Kevin was in direct contact with the Dometic factory man and they are going to replace my awning. Also Ed was talking to someone on the factory floor because of a electrical problem I had. They all work together to solve problems and any manufacture change they might need.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:25 AM   #36

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac28 View Post
Yes they do, when I was there in August Kevin was in direct contact with the Dometic factory man and they are going to replace my awning. Also Ed was talking to someone on the factory floor because of a electrical problem I had. They all work together to solve problems and any manufacture change they might need.
They bring plenty of outside help, subs to work on items. What issue did you have with your awning? I ask as the owner of the shop they use was not very helpful.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:13 PM   #37

Model: 38RSSA MS
State: Washington
THOR #5214
Quote:

Jim

Jim,

Did you ever get a chance to look at the bedroom ducting? We just picked up our new 38RSSA in Oregon and have the same issue. Hoping I could find someone that has crawled inside and fixed before I troubleshoot.
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #38

Model: 36RSSB3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4763
No, I haven't, I'm experiencing some shoulder and arm pain in both my arms and am not able to dig around right now... I have it in the bathroom, but nothing out of vent in bedroom. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know. Let me know if you figure it out.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 11-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #39

Model: 39TKSB3
State: California
THOR #2118
Quote:
No, I haven't, I'm experiencing some shoulder and arm pain in both my arms and am not able to dig around right now... I have it in the bathroom, but nothing out of vent in bedroom. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know. Let me know if you figure it out.

Thanks,
Jim
Check the duct hose in the basement where the clear ducting goes over the brake resovoir. That was the problem with mine. It was practically cut in half and dumping all of the hot air into the basement.

Now Retired
TahoeShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:23 PM   #40

Model: 38RSSA MS
State: Washington
THOR #5214
I just looked at my situation....it looks like the bedroom vent runs in a rectangular aluminum duct from the bedroom into the storage access above the black tank. I traced the duct work from the furnace to the aluminum duct and this is what I discovered. It's a tight fit to get access but it looks like the duct work is pinched off by the water lines against the black tank. The coach is in storage so I won't look at it again until after the weather warms up, but I'm fairly certain this is my issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161118_090049.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	3390  
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote