Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #41

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4763
Good stuff guys, will look at it today while weather is nice. Will get back to ya.

Jim

Old 11-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #42

THOR #4763
Opened up door where furnace is and notice larger clear duck work cut in about 3 places!!! I removed house VAC because hose to it was crushing the bigger furnace hose... can't mend it, it was even torn where I put my hand up to see where hose went . Worse quality I've ever seen and I'm an Engineer who was in manufacturing for over 40 yrs!! What a piece of crap. Whole hose needs to be replaced. And heat was going into underbelly from that hose. I hate that type ducting.. you could push your finger thru it... very shotty work and very cheap material. Wonder if I can buy that diameter hose and try to fix it myself?

Notice today that on curbside? Fender flare has two cracks in it... It has been getting into the 60's and as low as upper 20's... this wasn't here a week ago . 5er hasn't moved in almost 3 months and has not been hit... it just happened???

Shoty workmanship... cheap ductwork... I had better quality in a Coachmen 5er, a Holiday Rambler and even the Jayco,,, I'm a bit ticked off

Jim
Old 11-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #43

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
Opened up door where furnace is and notice larger clear duck work cut in about 3 places!!! I removed house VAC because hose to it was crushing the bigger furnace hose... can't mend it, it was even torn where I put my hand up to see where hose went . Worse quality I've ever seen and I'm an Engineer who was in manufacturing for over 40 yrs!! What a piece of crap. Whole hose needs to be replaced. And heat was going into underbelly from that hose. I hate that type ducting.. you could push your finger thru it... very shotty work and very cheap material. Wonder if I can buy that diameter hose and try to fix it myself?

Notice today that on curbside? Fender flare has two cracks in it... It has been getting into the 60's and as low as upper 20's... this wasn't here a week ago . 5er hasn't moved in almost 3 months and has not been hit... it just happened???

Shoty workmanship... cheap ductwork... I had better quality in a Coachmen 5er, a Holiday Rambler and even the Jayco,,, I'm a bit ticked off

Jim
Make em fix it! It's frustrating I know.....
Old 12-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #44

THOR #4763
Now in Houston, will have mobile RV repair service repair person look at ductwork..Also have kitchen slide coming 3-4" open when towing...Cut two pieces of wood and wedged them between slide and wall so slide wouldn't come open while towing from WV to north of Houston TX

Jim
Old 12-15-2016, 11:49 PM   #45

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
I posted in the other thread that I've used Thornton's RV Repair (they're not a mobile service) in Magnolia with good results.

The creeping slide is either the seals in the slideout ram leaking by or a leaking solenoid valve for that slide.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:15 AM   #46

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I posted in the other thread that I've used Thornton's RV Repair (they're not a mobile service) in Magnolia with good results.

The creeping slide is either the seals in the slideout ram leaking by or a leaking solenoid valve for that slide.

Rusty
I agree with Rusty, somewhere in that system you have a leak. Happened to us on a Montana we used to own, the fitting from the line to the cylinder was loose and leaking slightly. Tightened it up, added some fluid and we were go to go after a few in and out cycles.

Dan
Old 12-16-2016, 02:55 AM   #47

THOR #4763
I'm inclined to agree with the last two post...Hoping it's something that simple.