Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2018, 01:50 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
How about the vast majority of people who have never had a problem with theirs? A few bad ones does not create an emergency. I have noticed several people on here complaining who actually do not have a problem, much less a reoccurring one, jumping in just to make noise.
And since this is actually the DRV forum, ALL DRVs do come with individual shut offs for every water line in them. You can isolate anything you choose.
As far as the new control panels =what does that mean? What happens when anything fails? Technology is going to advance with or with out your consent. Deal with it.

Bill

Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #22

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatbird View Post
My problem was the Anderson unit, but I just replaced the core to,the 4 way unit. One of the O rings on the cylinder had broken. The replacement core was about $30.
This also solved the same problem that the poster of this thread asked about. They improved the seals in the new stems. I posted the replacement procedure on here.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #23

THOR #4314
Porkchop, an edit to your comment about the shut off valves. Yes, the DRV units have individual shut off valves for all the water lines with one exception as follows.

We have the 1-1/2 bath unit, therefor two toilets. When one of the toilets leaked I immediately shut off the water. Guess what, now no water to either toilets. Lots of fun when your on the road and no place "TO GO".

Of course, if you RV you learn to survive and bounce with the road bumps.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #24

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Yes, you could also shut off the water at the pedestal and no leaks anywhere....
And, my valve is leaking at the connection outside but I'm not at home to work on it for 2 months--will it reoccur when I fix it? Don't know.
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:23 AM   #25

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Will the sun come up tomorrow? Don't know. Also, if you never turn the lights on they will never burn out, and there is less chance of burning your toast if you just never plug it in to power.
At the connection outside=did you try a new washer?

Bill
Old 01-14-2018, 06:35 PM   #26

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Will the sun come up tomorrow? Don't know. Also, if you never turn the lights on they will never burn out, and there is less chance of burning your toast if you just never plug it in to power.
At the connection outside=did you try a new washer?

Bill
Too funny!
Old 01-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #27

THOR #3109
Bill,
Never considered the washer--I believe they are Anderson Kantleak also, so Kan't be the the problem....
2017 F450 KR
Old 02-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #28

THOR #4314
Here’s an update on my Anderson Valve leak. Did a lot of testing but will not bore you with all the details.

It was suggested that perhaps the check valve in the water pump was the culprit. Got to thinking about that. So, disconnected the park water supply. If the check valve were the problem when the water pressure dropped in the water lines because of a leak the water pump would keep cycling on and off. It didn’t so I concluded it was not a water pump problem. Water leaks into fresh water tank only when connected to park water supply.

Thought with the sun beating down on the water hose that it built up the pressure in the hose and was causing the leak. So, I moved my water pressure regulator (set at 45 psi) from the park faucet to the other end of the water hose where it connects to the RV. Water still leaked into the fresh water tank.

Got the cylinder to replace in the Anderson valve. Was easy to replace. After replacing water still leaked into the fresh water tank.

Now having a whole new Anderson KantLeak panel sent to me. Will replace and report back with the results in a few weeks.

Thanks to all for your replies.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #29

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11 View Post
Sounds like this company needs to change the name of their product to Doesleak.
Uup.. Just to complement your Norcold/No Cold.....
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:04 AM   #30

Model: Memphis
THOR #2341
Still gonna leak....
Old 04-08-2018, 01:34 AM   #31

THOR #9543
I had the same problem as the OP last July and received a replacement from DRV. I also talked with Kantleak's tech support and he advised to cut the water pressure prior to rotating the selector valve. That made no sense to me and would be very inconvenient, but he explained: the pressure on/through the valve put a great deal of pressure on the 'O' rings and that pressure would causes a tear in them as the selector was rotated, resulting in a leak. When I examined mine, one of them was torn pretty badly, and the selector had not been rotated more than a few times. At that time, the 5 was only ~8 months old and been on a trip 3 times.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #32

THOR #3109
No where on their website about the valve do they say anything about having to/supposed to cut the water pressure when turning the valve. If it is that important to maintaining the 'Kantleak' status, seems they would mention this.
I do think it would be advantageous to place some silicone grease or some other non-petroleum grease on the seals/gaskets before sliding it back in?
2017 F450 KR
Old 04-08-2018, 04:12 AM   #33

THOR #9543
The tech told me that he’s not supposed to mention it because it is a design flaw. Based on that, you won’t see it in print. I took him at his word because he had no reason to lie to me and he was sending me a replacement valve assembly at no cost. I have followed his instructions but am making no recommendations to anyone else. I am just passing on information that was given to me; others can use the info as they decide.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #34

THOR #3109
clev,
Thanks. Will have to wait until my leak gets bad enough to do something about it.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
Old 04-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #35

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I had the same problem as the OP last July and received a replacement from DRV. I also talked with Kantleak's tech support and he advised to cut the water pressure prior to rotating the selector valve. That made no sense to me and would be very inconvenient, but he explained: the pressure on/through the valve put a great deal of pressure on the 'O' rings and that pressure would causes a tear in them as the selector was rotated, resulting in a leak. When I examined mine, one of them was torn pretty badly, and the selector had not been rotated more than a few times. At that time, the 5 was only ~8 months old and been on a trip 3 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
And in correcting the problem by replacing parts that may fail again? Anderson doesn't seem to be able to fix this o-ring wear, thus the new and expensive brass one to be coming soon. A shutoff valve will solve his tank filling problem, but not a leak to the outside of the valve.

The kantleak has been out for several years and many manufacturers are using it and have problems.

I'm really surprised builders haven't topped using them.

Telling customers to turn off the water is really a BS answer. Solving the problem would be a better way. Besides it is only suggested that you turn off the water - suppose you don't somehow relieve pressure? You still have 25' - 50' of hose with pressure in it which is still going to cause a problem.

I don't have a kantleak valve yet, but I can do everything they can with my simple manifold I made up with several 1/4 turn valves, and I can operate those valves under pressure. Never had a failure.

The "Anderson Brass Company" ought to start using some materials that are in the namesake.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #36

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
There are too many convenience features being brought out--witness the control pad on the new DRVs--if it fails, where does that leave you?

Are you referring to the new Lippert touch pad for the LevelUp?
I looked t those when we were at our dealer making an order.

Two things I noted. I prefer the original LevelUp control and DRV's no longer have the mini compartment with the separate door, levelUp and battery shut off.

LevelUp is inside the baggage door and the battery cut off in the hydraulic battery compartment behind the front door. Cable and satellite is in the water dock bay.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 04-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #37

THOR #9543
"my simple manifold I made up with several 1/4 turn valves..."

Port is it possible for you to post a picture/sketch, and elaborate a little?
Old 04-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #38

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
"my simple manifold I made up with several 1/4 turn valves..."

Port is it possible for you to post a picture/sketch, and elaborate a little?
I'll take pictures later today.

Keep in mind, I do not have our DRV yet, so the pics will be from my current toy hauler.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 04-08-2018, 05:06 PM   #39

THOR #9543
Thanks.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #40

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
Their techs should get together. The one I talked to said shutting off the supply is BS. Like Port said he said what about the pressure in the nose. I was told most failures are caused by sand going into the valve. When I took ours apart it had sand in it. At home here in Arizona we are on a well and do get sand through the system. Following his advice I now use a sediment filter before the valve.