Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertree View Post
no argument about the "stupid " comment....here in Canada....atleast a couple of provinces (BC & Ontario).... the insurance companies going after the insured to cover costs is not uncommon (google ICBC)
I learned nothing from that Google search to support your claim. I did learn though that it appears ICBC is the obamacare of automobile insurance in BC.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 01-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #22

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
"Is this a fuel tank tool box combo unit?"

ToolBox only. I carry a modified 5 just in case.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:11 PM   #23

THOR #1661
The ONLY issue a person may run into going over ratings is in "CIVIL COURT" where anyone can sue anyone for anything.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #24

Model: Full House JX450
State: Arkansas
THOR #17747
I’ve got a Ram short bed with a 24k puck Superglide. Works great for me. Y’all can hate on my short bed but I love my mega cab.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:50 PM   #25

THOR #1661
No "hating" on my part! Just want people to understand the SB trucks open up a whole lot of compromises.

Also the fact is these new CrewCab trucks have a HUGE back seating area.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #15296
Unsubstantiated internet rumor

By this logic if you’re the driver of a bank robbery getaway car and cause an accident due to excessive speed resulting in loss of life or limb you will be charged for the robbery and the insurance company will pay claims pertaining to the accident.

Don’t be a fool thinking insurance companies are there to keep clients happy by paying out claims. It’s a business and if you break the law or do stupid things they may deny your claim unless you have an “I’m a felon” or an “Idiot” clause in your policy.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:41 PM   #27

State: California
THOR #17752
Good choice on the PullRite SuperGlide 24k. That's the one I use with my Megacab too. It works flawlessly.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #28
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgtx View Post
By this logic if you’re the driver of a bank robbery getaway car and cause an accident due to excessive speed resulting in loss of life or limb you will be charged for the robbery and the insurance company will pay claims pertaining to the accident.

Don’t be a fool thinking insurance companies are there to keep clients happy by paying out claims. It’s a business and if you break the law or do stupid things they may deny your claim unless you have an “I’m a felon” or an “Idiot” clause in your policy.
If the insurance company insures the car, and the car causes damage to people or property, the insurance company is REQUIRED to compensate those individuals to the limit of the policy. That is what State required insurance is there for.

Go look it up. I'm sure Texas requires insurance on all vehicles on its roads with some minimum level of property and bodily injury amounts. The insurance company can not back out of its obligations to pay claims to injured parties because the drive of the insured vehicle did something wrong.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:42 AM   #29

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
No "hating" on my part! Just want people to understand the SB trucks open up a whole lot of compromises.

Also the fact is these new CrewCab trucks have a HUGE back seating area.
I do agree that 8’ bed is the way to go, but maybe he had the truck before he bought his rig. He might even just tow his rig a couple times a year. Things are tolerable if you only do it a couple times a year.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:56 PM   #30

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I do agree that 8’ bed is the way to go, but maybe he had the truck before he bought his rig. He might even just tow his rig a couple times a year. Things are tolerable if you only do it a couple times a year.
He bought the MegaCab for his dogs. Fine by me but I do know with my rear seat folded up and the platform folded down there is plenty of room for two Golden Retrievers.

Nice we have choices!
Old 01-07-2020, 11:20 PM   #31

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
He bought the MegaCab for his dogs. Fine by me but I do know with my rear seat folded up and the platform folded down there is plenty of room for two Golden Retrievers.

Nice we have choices!
I was going to go for just the quad cab and not the mega cab like you did for that reason.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:37 AM   #32

THOR #15296
Insurance claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
If the insurance company insures the car, and the car causes damage to people or property, the insurance company is REQUIRED to compensate those individuals to the limit of the policy. That is what State required insurance is there for.

Go look it up. I'm sure Texas requires insurance on all vehicles on its roads with some minimum level of property and bodily injury amounts. The insurance company can not back out of its obligations to pay claims to injured parties because the drive of the insured vehicle did something wrong.
Insurance companies insure car/driver combinations. You cannot perform any modification you desire, not have the car inspected and expect the insurance company to assume risks for which it was not notified. Imagine if you decided to move your gas tank and bolt it to the front bumper. Do you think the insurance company would pay claims resulting from an accident that killed someone because of your negligence? Do you think insurance companies will pay claims if you decide to loan your car to anyone regardless of their status as a licensed driver. If you answered yes to these questions make sure you have a litigator’s name in your address book.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:46 AM   #33

THOR #15296
Insurance claims

Quote:
Insurance companies insure car/driver combinations. You cannot perform any modification you desire, not have the car inspected and expect the insurance company to assume risks for which it was not notified. Imagine if you decided to move your gas tank and bolt it to the front bumper. Do you think the insurance company would pay claims resulting from an accident that killed someone because of your negligence? Do you think insurance companies will pay claims if you decide to loan your car to anyone regardless of their status as a licensed driver. If you answered yes to these questions make sure you have a litigator’s name in your address book.
Here’s a link to a page regarding insurance claim denials.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/730278/...t-be-aware-of/
Old 01-09-2020, 12:48 AM   #34
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Well, in many states the answer is YES; the vehicle is insured regardless of who drives it. Otherwise you couldn't loan your car to a friend (still covered), or have coverage if someone stole your car (still covered).

And who draws the lines at modifications? Insurance companies have "modified for racing" exclusions in the policy, but what about different wheels? Larger tires? Other customization we see on a daily basis? Unless there is a written exclusion in the policy even the dummy that moved his gas tank to the front bumper will be covered. Insurance covers you even if you do stupid and illegal things. It covers you when you speed, when you drive drunk, when you turn left in front of oncoming traffic, when you text while driving, etc, etc, etc.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:49 AM   #35
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Here’s a link to a page regarding insurance claim denials.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/730278/...t-be-aware-of/
You quote an article from Australia? Any exclusion has to be in writing in the policy and may apply to comprehensive and/or collision but not liability.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:03 AM   #36

THOR #15296
What, what??

Quote:
You quote an article from Australia? Any exclusion has to be in writing in the policy and may apply to comprehensive and/or collision but not liability.
OMG you either work for an insurance company or... Do you really believe what you say? You are very naive to believe insurance companies are there for you at all times under any circumstances. Some of the biggest names even gave out bonuses to employees that minimized claim reimbursements for a variety of reasons. Check it out. Here’s a quote from the South Carolina Supreme Court:

“[I]nsurers generally are attempting to convince the customer when selling the policy that everything is covered and convince the court when a claim is made that nothing is covered.”
— South Carolina Supreme Court

I’m not concerned about being denied payment on a 1k$ claim. What I’m talking about is the catastrophic event that could wipe you out (1-2M$) when the insurance company refuses to pay. Here’s are few more links from a variety of sources. If you wish to navigate the web you’ll find there’s an entire industry of “USA BASED” legal eagles specializing in fighting claim denials. Now, I wonder why that is. BTW the tricks of the trade work everywhere in the world not just in Australia.

https://www.justice.org/sites/defaul...nceTactics.pdf

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo...im-denied.html
Old 01-09-2020, 05:32 AM   #37
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
OMG you either work for an insurance company or... Do you really believe what you say? You are very naive to believe insurance companies are there for you at all times under any circumstances. Some of the biggest names even gave out bonuses to employees that minimized claim reimbursements for a variety of reasons. Check it out. Here’s a quote from the South Carolina Supreme Court:

“[I]nsurers generally are attempting to convince the customer when selling the policy that everything is covered and convince the court when a claim is made that nothing is covered.”
— South Carolina Supreme Court

I’m not concerned about being denied payment on a 1k$ claim. What I’m talking about is the catastrophic event that could wipe you out (1-2M$) when the insurance company refuses to pay. Here’s are few more links from a variety of sources. If you wish to navigate the web you’ll find there’s an entire industry of “USA BASED” legal eagles specializing in fighting claim denials. Now, I wonder why that is. BTW the tricks of the trade work everywhere in the world not just in Australia.

https://www.justice.org/sites/defaul...nceTactics.pdf

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo...im-denied.html
Yet States have Insurance Commissioners whose job is to regulate the operation of insurance companies in the State and insure they follow the law and treat consumers fairly.

The multimillion dollar claim that you are concerned about isn't going to be covered by your automotive insurance company with a state mandated 50/100/50 or less insurance policy because that claim exceeds the limits of the coverage. The drunk driver that causes an accident is covered to the limits of his policy. If the victim (or victim's family) sue the drunk driver and win a judgement, he will indeed be liable for any amount over his insurance policy coverage.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:51 AM   #38

THOR #15296
When you know all there is to know

Quote:
Yet States have Insurance Commissioners whose job is to regulate the operation of insurance companies in the State and insure they follow the law and treat consumers fairly.

The multimillion dollar claim that you are concerned about isn't going to be covered by your automotive insurance company with a state mandated 50/100/50 or less insurance policy because that claim exceeds the limits of the coverage. The drunk driver that causes an accident is covered to the limits of his policy. If the victim (or victim's family) sue the drunk driver and win a judgement, he will indeed be liable for any amount over his insurance policy coverage.
I give up since you are an expert on this subject. I prefer not having to rely on some Government Fairness Commission to protect myself and therefore act accordingly. Good luck to you!
PS. If you are modifying equipment beyond safe limits stay away from me. If you lend vehicles to DUI offenders tell them to stay away from me as well.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:00 AM   #39
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
I give up since you are an expert on this subject. Unfortunately you are giving out a lot of false information. Good luck to you!
Your information: based on rumor, opinions, maybes and could bes.
My information: based on State Laws

There's a reason States require drivers to have insurance on their vehicles. The States will not allow insurance companies to back out of their coverage obligations just because they can find some fault with the driver's judgement or vehicle condition. Every accident is caused by one of those items.

There are legal firms that make their money pursuing accidents caused by deep pocket insurance companies such as trucking companies. You think their insurance is allowed to not pay because the truck driver made a poor decision, or was found to be overloaded? That is exactly why thy have to pay: their insured was found to be at fault.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #40
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Lost and missing stay with the original subject
The wonder Schnauzers
Closed Thread