Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2017, 10:41 PM   #21

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
As good as Verizon's coverage is (and it IS good!); come up here, and try to find a signal...
Nothing to come "up there" for, Bob. Everything is perfect down in the south. :-)

Old 11-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #22

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnP View Post
I installed a Maximum Signal cell booster about a year ago. We spend 3 months in the winter in the RGV and 4-5 months in the summer in Michigan. Both of these RV parks are in fringe areas for both Verizon and AT&T. I've tried them both for data but only AT&T for voice. I can not say that the Maximum Signal has been much of an improvement. I hope to find someone in my RGV park this winter with a WeBoost that I can compare performance with. If I don't, I am thinking of eating the $600 spent and trying a WeBoost as the Maximum Signal just doesn't cut it.

Mike
2014 MS 38RSSB3
I’m in the RGV also. This is were I’m having weak signals also. I think I am going to try a better hot spot first before I bite the $600 upgrade.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:32 AM   #23

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolandd View Post
You can pick up a Weboost at 25% off from Best Buy. Deal requires you to purchase 3 phone accessories. We picked up to small battery packs and the Weboost Drive 4g-x RV from a nearby store after ordering them on-line. I believe the price for the unit after discount was $379. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/2...t1481903622696
I might look into that.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:44 AM   #24

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
If you tend to stay mostly in RV resorts (with full hookups), would you say that a Weboost is necessary? I've been full timing for two months, and finding that I can get a somewhat decent cell signal everywhere I've been. However, as a remote worker, I don't want to get caught with my pants down either.

Thank you for linking that sweet deal to Best Buy, I might end up cashing on that deal.

My only issue is that we have a residential fridge in our Miramar and there is no easy way to run the antenna to the roof. I don't like the idea of going through the seal on the slides.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:41 AM   #25
MnP

Model: 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I’m in the RGV also. This is were I’m having weak signals also. I think I am going to try a better hot spot first before I bite the $600 upgrade.
I've tried the Verizon MiFi, the AT&T (net gear) hot spot and iPhone tethering. They were all weak. Sometimes no signal on any of them. The Max Signal didn't help.

Mike
2014 MS 38RSSB3
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:51 AM   #26

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnP View Post
I've tried the Verizon MiFi, the AT&T (net gear) hot spot and iPhone tethering. They were all weak. Sometimes no signal on any of them. The Max Signal didn't help.

Mike
2014 MS 38RSSB3
You have to get at least 1 bar (or about -114 or so if looking at actual signal strength) when outside your coach (might be signal on the roof but not the ground) for it to be able to boost. It can't, or rarely as it does have a better antenna, take you from no signal outside to usable signal.

What it can do is take you from a weak signal to a stronger one, or from a marginal to very good signal.

The other thing is that most of these come with omni-directional antennas. Especially for people that are going to spend quite a bit of time at one location, you can consider going to a directional antenna that you can aim towards the strongest signal and get significant gains over an omnidirectional antenna.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #27

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
If you tend to stay mostly in RV resorts (with full hookups), would you say that a Weboost is necessary? I've been full timing for two months, and finding that I can get a somewhat decent cell signal everywhere I've been. However, as a remote worker, I don't want to get caught with my pants down either.

Thank you for linking that sweet deal to Best Buy, I might end up cashing on that deal.

My only issue is that we have a residential fridge in our Miramar and there is no easy way to run the antenna to the roof. I don't like the idea of going through the seal on the slides.
I am in a resort with full hook ups. Campgrounds can not controll where towers are. And 99.9% have VERY WEAK WiFi.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:43 AM   #28

THOR #1658
Maybe I will look into a group buy for a system. I have set several of them up with venders with the motorcycle group that I was with. Venders will take less profit for some volume.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #29

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Tearstone,
To clarify, I did not go 'thru' the slide seals--ran the coax down the side of the trailer between the bulb seal and the frame inset. It then goes under the slide and across to where the electrical lines go up into the area behind the fireplace. Not the best idea, but could not figure how to go any other way that would not require a hole in the roof--and that would still not get me into the slide. I also have 7 solar panels on the roof that complicates potential coax routes/antenna locations.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:19 AM   #30

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Tearstone,
To clarify, I did not go 'thru' the slide seals--ran the coax down the side of the trailer between the bulb seal and the frame inset. It then goes under the slide and across to where the electrical lines go up into the area behind the fireplace. Not the best idea, but could not figure how to go any other way that would not require a hole in the roof--and that would still not get me into the slide. I also have 7 solar panels on the roof that complicates potential coax routes/antenna locations.
Joe
I understand now. Still a bit of a challenge to figure out nonetheless though.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #31
CSR

Model: Aria 3901
State: Minnesota
THOR #6177
Weboost - 25% Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolandd View Post
We went with the Weboost Drive 4G-X RV. Got a great deal at Best Buy for 25% off the regular price. Attachment 7967
Hi bolandd,

Thank you for posting the tip regarding the 25% off the Weboost signal booster through Best Buy. That's BIG savings! I'm glad I checked the forum before I purchased it.

Many thanks!