Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Looks great, thanks for the pics!

Old 10-26-2015, 05:54 AM   #22

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurg View Post
Door side. They now look like the other side. (I didn't bother taking a picture. It was getting late.) Not sure why I can only post one picture at a time right now...
Nice job! Where are you located so I can come and help you do mine too???? ha

Joe
Old 10-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #23

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
Are your lines also routed poorly? While not surprising, it is shameful.

We'll be in Lake Havasu from December to March and I would be more than happy to help anyone that needs it.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #24

THOR #1683
Quote:
Are your lines also routed poorly? While not surprising, it is shameful.

We'll be in Lake Havasu from December to March and I would be more than happy to help anyone that needs it.
It was said tongue in cheek. We do not even see our unit until tomorrow. We will be doing the PDI before the weekend and I will be checking the brake lines out during the PDI thanks to your timely reminder.

Joe
Old 10-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #25

THOR #2094
Pretty sure I saw your trailer on the Rolling Retreats Facebook page. Absolutely beautiful. It would definitely be preferred to have a dealer complete this task, but I didn't want to take our trailer anywhere for fear of a line coming apart.

You'll have to let us know what your lines look like. Hopefully mine was just a one-off deal with an employee that was having an absent-minded day or something...
Old 10-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #26

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Pretty sure I saw your trailer on the Rolling Retreats Facebook page. Absolutely beautiful. It would definitely be preferred to have a dealer complete this task, but I didn't want to take our trailer anywhere for fear of a line coming apart.

You'll have to let us know what your lines look like. Hopefully mine was just a one-off deal with an employee that was having an absent-minded day or something...
Mine looks pretty much like yours.

I had a friend help me flush/bleed the brake lines yesterday. Has some bubbles come out so I expect the brakes will work better now!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #27

THOR #2094
So the rubber lines aren't potentially rubbing anywhere? That's good to hear. Like I previously mentioned, hopefully this is just a one-off deal and I was the one affected by it.

Oh, and I flushed the entire system with fresh brake fluid, thanks for the heads up. Glad you got the bubbles out of yours.

For the record, DRV has been fantastic to deal with. While it is unfortunate that this was an issue, they are doing everything they can to make up for it.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #28

THOR #1683
Quote:

Will keep you guys informed!

Joe
Old 11-01-2015, 02:02 AM   #29

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Joe,
Hope you are now in the new castle and headed for TX.
I have read on more than one other post that the brake lines were poorly routed and some had worn in two and needed emergency repairs. Hard to understand how DRV can put out this type work.
Joe
Old 11-01-2015, 04:18 AM   #30

THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Joe,
Hope you are now in the new castle and headed for TX.
I have read on more than one other post that the brake lines were poorly routed and some had worn in two and needed emergency repairs. Hard to understand how DRV can put out this type work.
Joe
We are NOT in our castle and NOT headed for Texas. There were some small things wrong. RR has ordered parts. We are at the mercy of DRV parts department. It is looking like we will be here through this week.

As far as the new castle goes, we LOVE it and are moving our stuff into it little by little. It is very helpful to not have to get everything moved in a day or two. It is night and day difference between the ’12 SS and the '16 MS. I will check out the brake lines soon. We got a ton or rain yesterday and I do not wish to crawl about under the rig in the mud.

Thanks for checking.
Joe
Old 11-03-2015, 03:23 AM   #31

THOR #2094
Just got done with a 500 mile trip. My brakes are so much more responsive. It is almost unbelievable how much better they are. No delay at all. While I'm glad everything is now fixed, I'm very disappointed in the "mechanic" that misled a customer to believe that bleeding the brakes wasn't necessary.