Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Dakota
THOR #2374
Considering a new MS 38PS3

HI Everyone!

We are thinking about buying a new trailer and the MS 38PS3 has topped our list. Now that being said, is there anything good/bad/otherwise we should know about this floorplan or the MS line itself?

We know we will probably have to order it since there doesn't seem to be alot around on dealer lots. Not sure why that is...maybe they don't make many of them? or maybe they sell quickly???

Anyway, we also know that we can order it with some of the Elite Suite options. Wondering what ES options are recommended? or what ones you regret not having now? Is there a list of the ES options available for the MS??

Thanks for any info provided!

D&D

Old 07-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 38PS3
State: Idaho
THOR #2022
We have a 2016 Mobile Suites 38PS3. So far, we have only had the chance to use it two nights and so far so good. We like the layout also. With the vanity slide, you really get a roomy feeling in the bedroom compared to many other coaches. You probably know that some of the other 38' DRVs have less room in the bedroom/bath giving more room to the living room/kitchen. It all depends on your preference. Also no slides need to move on the 38PS3 to have access to the bathroom for stops while on the road. A definite benefit!
We did some specials on our order. Here are the highlights:
1. We ordered "rain glass" for the shower instead of the clear.
2. Side wall to side wall clothes rod in closet.
3. The Elite induction cook top and no oven except for the induction.
4. Extra water pump switch in the bathroom.
5. Extra shelf in the pantry.
6. Drawers under the bed.
7. 4 additional dimmer switched in the living room.
8. Added mid-shelf under kitchen sink.
9. We deleted the central vac and added an outlet to the front closet for a rechargeable Dyson vac.

Enjoy the process.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:20 AM   #3

Model: Mobile Suite - Dallas
State: Florida
THOR #2074
I took delivery of a 2015 Dallas in March. I have had more problems with this unit than with any other unit I've owned. Two weeks at the dealer when picking the unit up getting things fixed to start with. Just spent 3 days at the factory getting things fixed. Other customers at the factory also very disappointed in their units. Quality control at DRV is very low to non existant. I worked in the RV business for 34 yrs. , I've seen Thor in action, numbers first, quality later. Buyer beware
Old 07-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #4

Model: 38PS3
State: Idaho
THOR #2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrywv View Post
I took delivery of a 2015 Dallas in March. I have had more problems with this unit than with any other unit I've owned. Two weeks at the dealer when picking the unit up getting things fixed to start with. Just spent 3 days at the factory getting things fixed. Other customers at the factory also very disappointed in their units. Quality control at DRV is very low to non existant. I worked in the RV business for 34 yrs. , I've seen Thor in action, numbers first, quality later. Buyer beware
Sorry for your problems, but I don't think you can blame Thor for them. I doubt that they had any influence on the construction of your coach especially if you have a 2015. Our coach was in paint in February and it is a 2016. Too little time to change things.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #5

Model: Mobile Suite - Dallas
State: Florida
THOR #2074
I'm not blaming Thor for anything. I'm upset because of the problems I'm having and have had for the price I paid for this unit. DRV refuses to address some of the problems because they weren't noted on the original PDI. I don't care how well you inspect a unit, you won't find everything wrong from the factory. While I was at the factory, a tech found a small defect on the fiberglass roof, DRV refused to address it. He found a scratch in a cabinet door, they refused to address it. One of the things on my list to the factory was with the convection/microwave. They said they would check it when I got to the factory. I asked them about it before I left, they said it was up to me to contact the manfr. and have them come and repair or replace it. There was a deep scratch in my center island. My dealer said they would try and rub it out. They said if they couldn't fix it the factory would replace it. Factory said they didn't know anything about it and are blaming it on the rep who is no longer there. The list goes on. Things keep breaking, I keep fixing