Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2018, 03:05 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Docking Lights Question

I have been unable to get my docking lights to come on. I tried them hooked to the truck and turning the rocker switch in my bay to on; plugged into shore power, etc. and nothing. Is there a breaker I don't know about that could cause these lights to keep from working? Keep in mind I bought this rig used and am still searching for answers from knowledgeable people like you all out there on this forum!

This is on a 2014 39RESB3 MS Estates!

Old 05-25-2018, 04:24 PM   #2

Model: Mobile Suites 38rssa
State: Alaska
THOR #8691
My docking lights are inside the compartment for the leveling system.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #3

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Does it have a remote to operate different functions, if so try them on it. Most functions on the remote if turned on with the remote must be turned with the remote & vice versa.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:34 PM   #4

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Does it have a remote to operate different functions, if so try them on it. Most functions on the remote if turned on with the remote must be turned with the remote & vice versa.
I have a rocker switch in the bay that is labeled docking lights, ON/OFF. No matter what power I put to the rig, they don't work. I can't believe all 4 large lights are burned out, but will check that as well. Just thought there might be a breaker somewhere that needs to be reset.
I'm not sure what remote you are referring too????
Old 05-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #5

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
He has a SOB, not a DRV so probably does not apply. You mention "4 large lights". Where?
The docking lights are under the overhang, close to the pin. DRV did put a switch in the basement for several years and then moved the switch to the enclosure where the leveling controller is. Handier and easier to find in the dark. Good luck

Bill
Old 05-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #6

Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
^^yep.

OP, Just checking to make sure we're using the same terminology here. You mention 4-ea. large lights?
Wondering if you're referring to the 4-ea. "scare" lights in the upper four corners of the exterior? Those are labeled as such in the main control panel inside. Usually marked "Scare" DS (door side) and ODS (off door side).
The fixtures typically contain #1157 bulbs, the rears may also contain a separate circuit and bulbs wired to the reverse truck / trailer wiring harness.
Most of the 12V items are "fused".
The docking lights are generally 2-ea. smaller lights under the front cap above the king pin box. Switched as others described.
If I'm off base, please pardon.
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #7

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
He has a SOB, not a DRV so probably does not apply. You mention "4 large lights". Where?
The docking lights are under the overhang, close to the pin. DRV did put a switch in the basement for several years and then moved the switch to the enclosure where the leveling controller is. Handier and easier to find in the dark. Good luck

Bill
They are located at the top of front and rear on both sides. Approximately 8" in diameter. There are smaller lights under the front by the pin box, but they work on their own switch. You can see them in this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180503_155256.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	10436  
Old 05-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
MnP

Model: 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #2069
You are referring to the scare lights. The switches for them are in the cabinet inside the trailer with the tank gauges, water heater switches, slide switches, etc. They are probably labeled as ODS scare and DS scare.
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #9

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnP View Post
You are referring to the scare lights. The switches for them are in the cabinet inside the trailer with the tank gauges, water heater switches, slide switches, etc. They are probably labeled as ODS scare and DS scare.
Yep.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #10

THOR #5499
Quote:
Thanks, Mike! I had these same type on my Foretravel and they were called docking lights. Go figure! Will check out that panel tomorrow for sure. The switch marked docking lights must work the ones up near the hitch pin, as you mentioned.

Oh, batteries came in today, but unfortunately, we are having a monsoon down here in south Florida! Levels in the Lake are already up 8 inches and rising. Wonder if they make pontoons for the DRV???
Old 05-26-2018, 11:28 PM   #11

THOR #5499
Quote:
Thanks again Mike, as they were right where you said they would be!
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote