Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Cummins, I meant the people building the coaches.

Got it!

Old 04-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #22

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
While we were there the workers were really "hustling" that day too. Maybe a little too fast. There seems to be things that gets "missed".

Dan
It's called piece work! Miss a piece here miss a piece there.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #23

Model: 40 KSSB4
State: Illinois
THOR #1717
Just talked to Ed Fry last week, he said that during the 4th of July shut down they will be moving to the new shop.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:01 AM   #24

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac28 View Post
Just talked to Ed Fry last week, he said that during the 4th of July shut down they will be moving to the new shop.
Nice,looks like I will be there just aft they open it up.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #25

THOR #1661
In an email from Greg Vaughn this morning he told me they started doing service work yesterday in the new building. I do believe I said August for the opening when I was back there in May.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #26

Model: 40 KSSB4
THOR #1717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
In an email from Greg Vaughn this morning he told me they started doing service work yesterday in the new building. I do believe I said August for the opening when I was back there in May.
You are correct, I was there last weekend and there was a parade of forklift's bringing everything over to the new building. There will be 8 full hookup's for us, 5 service bay's and a brand new costumer lounge.

From what I could see it's going to be some service center.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:16 AM   #27

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
Anyone know what they will use repair space in main building for now?
Old 08-25-2016, 03:38 AM   #28

THOR #1661
Most likely more production.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:42 PM   #29

Model: Dallas
State: Texas
THOR #3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
You were absolutely correct in your estimate of pending opening date. In May when you and your wife made your first observation of the building and saw how far along it was, you stated to my wife and I that it would be August before opening. I think you had an unfair advantage on making your estimate with your vast experience in the construction business. You said you got an email from Greg, are you planning another trip to Howe.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:44 PM   #30

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
THOR #2754
We're going to be in Howe Monday to do the factory tour and to pick up a few parts. Maybe the tour will include the new service building.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #31

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardinkr View Post
You were absolutely correct in your estimate of pending opening date. In May when you and your wife made your first observation of the building and saw how far along it was, you stated to my wife and I that it would be August before opening. I think you had an unfair advantage on making your estimate with your vast experience in the construction business. You said you got an email from Greg, are you planning another trip to Howe.
HA yea I was in construction for 35 years or so. I could see they were getting smoke blown up their skirt by their contractor!!!

No trip to Howe, with my overall experience there it would be a "COLD DAY" ! To be honest Fred the Tech took good care of us as much as he could.

Greg sent us a new cooktop that was supposed to be black but was some sort of grey. He is sending us a new top as soon as the correct one comes in. HE has been GREAT to deal with over the years.

One thing I do miss about Howe is our time together and the great entertainment the owner of the local diner provided us!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #32

Model: 38RSSA
THOR #3221
I would think they would. I'm sure they're pretty proud of their new "state-of-the-art" facility! By moving the service area into the new building we were told that's going to free up production space to build even more DRVs.

They're supposed to be working on the building to the east of DRV and just along side the toll road, the "Cruiser RV" place, that way they'll be building only DRVs in the main plant where the service bays used to be. AT least that's what we were told back in April.

Dan
Old 08-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #33

THOR #5242
We have a warranty service appointment arriving Sept 12th and Ed told me to call the Friday before since they might be in the new building.
azjeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:35 AM   #34

Model: lx450
THOR #2006
We were scheduled this week for warranty work. Monday morning they informed us we will be in the new bldg. So it is starting up. They have a lot to do yet, but they are working on getting things moved over. The tour does not include the new bldg., or at least this week it did not.
lariat_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #35

Model: Dallas
THOR #2170
Factory Service

Called 2 weeks ago and never received a call so I emailed. Told the service department is booked until December! Not quite sure how to take that! Was hoping to get some non-warranty work done. I replied stating that was unacceptable....three months! Hardly any way to create a reputation for a new owner.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #36

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by classichammond View Post
Called 2 weeks ago and never received a call so I emailed. Told the service department is booked until December! Not quite sure how to take that! Was hoping to get some non-warranty work done. I replied stating that was unacceptable....three months! Hardly any way to create a reputation for a new owner.
Don't waste your time with the Factory!!! If you want someone who has MANY years of just woking on DRV's contact Slade at RollingRetreats in ElkCity OK.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #37

Model: 36RSSB3
THOR #5142
We were there for service appointment 8/24 and were very impressed. We arrived the afternoon of 8/23 and were told that they had just started using the building the day before, so mechanics were still getting adjusted to it. Many trips back to old building to get things. The hook ups provided for us were outstanding. Nice cement pads, electric, water, and sewer. We were very impressed. Our visit started with a walk-through with the tech assigned to our unit to review the list of things that we had determined needed attention, and ended with the same walk through to be sure each issue had been addressed. Everything was very professional. We did take advantage of the factory tour while there. Very enlightening. We planned this trip to coincide with our 1 year ownership of the unit and scheduled our return from East Coast to West to go through Howe, IN., with the appointment made back in Feb. Very lucky that the timing had us utilizing the new facility. BTW, the facility will also be doing repairs for another of Thor's subsidiaries that makes Travel Trailers- they are on one side of the facility, DRV on the other. All in all, we were very impressed with our visit there.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM   #38

THOR #5142
I meant to include a couple of pics from our "stay" there:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3920.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	2961

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3924.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2962
Old 09-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #39

THOR #5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt3fan View Post
We were there for service appointment 8/24 and were very impressed.
Glad to hear of your experience as we'll be pulling in Monday afternoon. It's also nice to hear about the full hookups. The sites look pretty nice.
azjeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:24 PM   #40

THOR #88
Quote:
If you want someone who has MANY years of just woking on DRV's contact Slade at RollingRetreats in ElkCity OK.
I was told they are also booked until after the first of the year. Kind of concerns me there are that many DRV units needing warranty work.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote