Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2016, 01:55 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
THOR #3221
DRV's New Service Building

We stopped by DRV last Monday for some service work and couldn't help noticing the DRV expansion! We were told back in November about a plan for a new service building to accommodate the growing need for service and to free up space in the existing building for production. It's coming along nicely.

Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	DRV1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	1736

Click image for larger version

Name:	DRV2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	1737

Click image for larger version

Name:	DRV4.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	1738
__________________

__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
Posts: 114
THOR #1683
Thanks Dapperdan for the pictures. Hopefully, DRV will be able to hire and train enough people to work there.

It almost seems that every business place I pass these days is "NOW HIRING".

Joe
__________________

__________________
2019 Ford F-450 King Ranch
2016 Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:41 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,645
THOR #1658
Nice, I think it will be open when I come there for service work. I heard that they will have full hookups and not just power and a hose to fill your holding tank.
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
THOR #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
Thanks Dapperdan for the pictures. Hopefully, DRV will be able to hire and train enough people to work there.

It almost seems that every business place I pass these days is "NOW HIRING".

Joe
Your welcome, I thought as long as we were there why not show their progress. It's exciting to see/watch! I agree with you, hopefully they will be able to train techs to high standards to get repairs done right the first time.

The new building is huge, it looks like it's at least half the size of the facility across the street. We were told there will be a dump station included in this build. Right now DRV has only 3 service bays for repairs/modifications, the new building will have 12 service bays. Like you said Joe, hopefully they will be able to hire decent people to work on the units.

Dan
__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,645
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
Your welcome, I thought as long as we were there why not show their progress. It's exciting to see/watch! I agree with you, hopefully they will be able to train techs to high standards to get repairs done right the first time.

The new building is huge, it looks like it's at least half the size of the facility across the street. We were told there will be a dump station included in this build. Right now DRV has only 3 service bays for repairs/modifications, the new building will have 12 service bays. Like you said Joe, hopefully they will be able to hire decent people to work on the units.

Dan
Dan, do you think they will have a paint shop there?
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,385
THOR #1661
I will be there the week of the 23rd of May. Hope it's ready for me!
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
Posts: 114
THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I will be there the week of the 23rd of May. Hope it's ready for me!
I look forward to your review of the facility at that time!!

Joe
__________________
2019 Ford F-450 King Ranch
2016 Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
THOR #3221
We'll be back to DRV at the end of next week, I'll try and find out about a paint booth.

After we pick up our trailer at DRV we're going to MorRyde International for 2" risers.

Cummins, I wouldn't hold my breath on that building being done by the time you visit DRV.
__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,385
THOR #1661
Hey tell them to hurry!!!

I will post pics of the progress also.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:51 AM   #10
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSSA
State: Florida
Posts: 43
THOR #2055
They need it to repair all of the junk they produce.
__________________
retispcsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:58 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 113
THOR #3288
Did drv tour this week.Repair facility open august is current hope.
__________________
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:41 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,645
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Did drv tour this week.Repair facility open august is current hope.
I hope it is earlier as I will be there in July.
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
THOR #3221
Oh it'll be open for you Ryan, Cummins is going to make sure of that when he gets there in May! LOL
__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,385
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
Oh it'll be open for you Ryan, Cummins is going to make sure of that when he gets there in May! LOL
I will straighten them out with my West Coast "get er dun quick" Construction Supervision skills!
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
THOR #3221
Is that like "get crackalackin" on it?

Our visit to DRV has been put into temporary hiatus, it might be early May before we get back there.
__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:49 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,645
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I will straighten them out with my West Coast "get er dun quick" Construction Supervision skills!
OH, bringing your level?
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:55 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 113
THOR #3288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
OH, bringing your level?
Workers were almost running doing their jobs during tour very busy.We had a meeting after tour with Duwayne and we ended up back out in the shop.Much more relaxed atmosphere with workers ,we both noticed this and thought a bit odd.Italian restaurant in Howe is very good.Diner next store not bad either.
__________________
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,385
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Workers were almost running doing their jobs during tour very busy.We had a meeting after tour with Duwayne and we ended up back out in the shop.Much more relaxed atmosphere with workers ,we both noticed this and thought a bit odd.Italian restaurant in Howe is very good.Diner next store not bad either.
The guys building the shop don't work for DRV.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 113
THOR #3288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
The guys building the shop don't work for DRV.
Cummins, I meant the people building the coaches.
__________________
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 285
THOR #3221
While we were there the workers were really "hustling" that day too. Maybe a little too fast. There seems to be things that gets "missed".

Dan
__________________

__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×