Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #1
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 67
Factory Service

Got the appointment to get the damage repaired.
Where do I go? What time do they start work?
Any recommendations for campgrounds near the factory? I dont guess the factory has any hook ups.
__________________

__________________
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4
2011 F350 Dually
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Nebraska
Posts: 92
The repair facility is across the street north from the factory. They have a bunch of hookups in the parking lot, and start work at 06:00 sharp. You must be up and ready to go at 06:00. No need to put slides in or anything. They move your rig with a forklift, in & out.
__________________

Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
The repair facility is across the street north from the factory. They have a bunch of hookups in the parking lot, and start work at 06:00 sharp. You must be up and ready to go at 06:00. No need to put slides in or anything. They move your rig with a forklift, in & out.
Seriously on moving the rig with a forklift? Someone has to video that. I would love to see it (and figure at some point I will see it personally).
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
DogLovers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 SynergyTT24Ming Blue
State: Indiana
Posts: 175
Glad you could get into Thor Elkhart factory repair. I called last month and they were scheduling 3 months out.
__________________
Bill & Martha more than 40 years.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella, Baxter and Maltese Buster. Toad, Golf Cart or Harley.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Seriously on moving the rig with a forklift? Someone has to video that. I would love to see it (and figure at some point I will see it personally).
That is the easiest way to move a fifth wheel or travel trailer. They have a fifth wheel and a ball mounted to a plate between the forks. It makes it VERY easy to maneuver into and out of very tight spots due to the way a forklift turns.
__________________
2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite
2016 Smart
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Nebraska
Posts: 92
That's the way I move mine around at home. I have a large storage building I rent for rv parking. Had 15 units of different sizes and and lengths last year. From 20' TT to 45' Class A. Everybody has a different schedule except during the winter because we are gone. If you want winter storage be here by Oct. 25 and don't expect to get out until mid April unless you are the last one in. Makes for moving them around very easy.

Bill
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Got the appointment to get the damage repaired.
Where do I go? What time do they start work?
Any recommendations for campgrounds near the factory? I dont guess the factory has any hook ups.

So you have an appointment and no one explained that you can stay at the facility or the fact you need to be 100% out of your rig at 6am each morning???
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #8
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
So you have an appointment and no one explained that you can stay at the facility or the fact you need to be 100% out of your rig at 6am each morning???
I felt lucky that I even got a confirmation from Ed Fry.

He told me that the repairs would take about a week. Nothing about staying in the rig during the repair or that there were hook ups or the time.
__________________
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4
2011 F350 Dually
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #9
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Glad you could get into Thor Elkhart factory repair. I called last month and they were scheduling 3 months out.
Thats about right. Mine is for October.
__________________
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4
2011 F350 Dually
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Got the appointment to get the damage repaired.
Where do I go? What time do they start work?
Any recommendations for campgrounds near the factory? I dont guess the factory has any hook ups.
As stated, they start at 6am sharp. You need to be outside of your rig, slides in, water and sewer disconnected. The new repair facility has full hookups. They have a customer lounge that you can use also. There are two good breakfast places, the Howe restaurant and the Gathering place are good places to eat. And if you like cinnamon rolls, the Gathering place is the BOMB!
__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
I felt lucky that I even got a confirmation from Ed Fry.

He told me that the repairs would take about a week. Nothing about staying in the rig during the repair or that there were hook ups or the time.
If you can not stay in it, DRV has discounted rates at the local hotels.
__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #12
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Nebraska
Posts: 92
You do have to disconnect everything from the ground, but you do not have to bring the slides in. Big, wide doors. They will bring it back out every night for you unless the repair involves something that could be damaged by weather. I'm trying to remember, yours is for the rear cap to be repaired? They may want to keep it inside especially if the weather is iffy. several motels close by.

Bill
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:21 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 136
Here's a photo showing DRV's hook ups.



Dan
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:13 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Arkansas
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid View Post
That is the easiest way to move a fifth wheel or travel trailer. They have a fifth wheel and a ball mounted to a plate between the forks. It makes it VERY easy to maneuver into and out of very tight spots due to the way a forklift turns.
I didn't notice it was a DRV fifth wheel. I was envisioning that with a Vegas, ACE, etc., and quite frankly, struggling to envision it.

I typically just hit "new posts" and don't always notice what sub forum a thread is in.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:47 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I didn't notice it was a DRV fifth wheel. I was envisioning that with a Vegas, ACE, etc., and quite frankly, struggling to envision it.

I typically just hit "new posts" and don't always notice what sub forum a thread is in.
They use a big John Deer tractor to move them.
__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 136
Yup, that's what was parked outside the day we were at DRV.

[IMG][/IMG]

Dan
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #17
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 67
Thanks guys for the very helpful info. Just what I needed to know.

NOW Ed tells me that I have to order the rear cap through Greg. Really? dont they talk to one another? Guess its because I will have to pay for it first.

I have read the posts about the Levelup problems. I have a few as well. Some leaking lines and the rear jacks going down or going up on their own, sometimes I havent had any problems with the front ones yet, but they do groan going up a lot of the time.
Can I count on DRV to know how to fix them or will I need to make an appointment with LCI? I would really like to get the fronts replaced.
__________________
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4
2011 F350 Dually
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #18
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
Here's a photo showing DRV's hook ups.



Dan
WOW That's more than I expected. Looks nicer than a lot of RV parks I have been in.
__________________
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4
2011 F350 Dually
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
DogLovers's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 SynergyTT24Ming Blue
State: Indiana
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
Yup, that's what was parked outside the day we were at DRV.

[IMG][/IMG]

Dan
Very expensive yard jockey. They could have purchased a tow motor of the type used to move airplanes around at half the cost. :-) But I guess it wouldn't mow the grass too. :-)
__________________
Bill & Martha more than 40 years.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella, Baxter and Maltese Buster. Toad, Golf Cart or Harley.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Very expensive yard jockey. They could have purchased a tow motor of the type used to move airplanes around at half the cost. :-) But I guess it wouldn't mow the grass too. :-)
I do not think this mows the grass as I think they have a company that does that. It just moves the rigs.
__________________

__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



ThorForums.com is not in any way associated with Thor Industries or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2