Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suite 36RSSB3
State: Tennessee
THOR #1668
Good Sam Lifetime Membership

This is for all you full timers: Got an email offer to buy a lifetime membership for $300. Now to clarify why I'm asking full timers. You guys probably spend most of your time doing monthly or longer stays in the campgrounds. I don't think you get a Good Sam's discount for that. So...is it worth it? Do you use something better? We are going to be work camping for the next year or two and then traveling more. There are lots of special RV programs out there. Opinions please.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #2

Model: Dallas
State: Texas
THOR #3440
We have been Fultimers for almost 8 years and still travel enough to justify the lifetime Good Sam membership. We usually pay monthly rates on average 5 months per year during winter and the remainder of the year we are on the road seeing this great country of ours. The longest we will stay during this 7 month period usually starts 2 or 3 weeks before and going through July 4th but still pay weekly rates. Good Sam discounts of at least 10% are available at almost all campgrounds and some give larger discounts for other memberships like Escapee's or Passport America that we will use when we can. With all that said, I think the Good Sam membership is worth the $300 you mentioned. If I remember correctly, we paid $300 for our membership 7 years ago and have not regretted it at all. We also got a lifetime membership in Escapees a couple years ago that cost $700 and I am very proud to have been able to get that.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #3

Model: Mobile Suite 36RSSB3
State: Tennessee
THOR #1668
Wifey told me we pay $25 a year for our Good Sam's. It would take us 12 years to see any benefit from buying the life-time offer. Think we will look into the other ones.