Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
DRV Furniture

We got the furniture because the credit not to get it was really small.
My advice to you would be to get the wall hugger recliners or the theater seats. We have the wall huggers.
The swivel rocker recliners are nice, but they really are to large for the space.

Hope this helps you out.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #2

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
Nice to have some activity back on this forum.

I'll give a +2 on the theater seating. Very happy with the decision to go that route.

2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Longbed. Cummins, Aisin, 4.10
JBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #3

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
We went with the powered theater seating. We really like it, however, my side (right) is breaking down already even though we've been in it only a week. We registered our concern with Alicia at Rolling Retreats before we left there. She noted it, took pictures, and sent them to Kyle at DRV. He stated that DRV was aware of the problem and would replace our seats. It will be shipped to RR and replaced when we come back through there in April. What it looks like is that my seat was made with two pieces of really soft foam. Where the two pieces meet, they pull away from each other. It would have been better had my seat been made with one solid piece of foam like the other side.

Joe
Old 11-16-2015, 12:32 AM   #4

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
We just deleted the factory seating and took the little bit of credit they offered.... I figure the credit payed for two of the cushions on the couch and love seat thaqt we had built.
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:10 AM   #5

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Man, we have changed so much.

We also got rid of the original recliners and couch. Jo sold them on Craigslist and a lady bought them within an hour of her posting the ad. We replaced with a La-Z-Boy Recline-away love seat for the two recliners and we've evolved to where the rear of the coach is now Jo's sewing center.

Then, because we had the 2010's dining table and 4 chairs, when Jo saw the buffet style dining table, we sold the table and two chairs and bought the buffet dining table.

Beyond that, we replaced the RV fridge with a residential Samsung and also replaced the original ceiling fan with a Hunter 5 blade, 42" fan. It came with a light kit, so we ended up with more lights as well. I really believe the extra blade makes a difference in the air circulation of the new fan.

Terry
Old 11-16-2015, 05:10 AM   #6

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry and Jo View Post
Man, we have changed so much.

We also got rid of the original recliners and couch. Jo sold them on Craigslist and a lady bought them within an hour of her posting the ad. We replaced with a La-Z-Boy Recline-away love seat for the two recliners and we've evolved to where the rear of the coach is now Jo's sewing center.

Then, because we had the 2010's dining table and 4 chairs, when Jo saw the buffet style dining table, we sold the table and two chairs and bought the buffet dining table.

Beyond that, we replaced the RV fridge with a residential Samsung and also replaced the original ceiling fan with a Hunter 5 blade, 42" fan. It came with a light kit, so we ended up with more lights as well. I really believe the extra blade makes a difference in the air circulation of the new fan.

Terry
Terry,
I do not see how adding another blade would help. As the blades are only 2-3 inches off the ceiling. So there is not enough room to properly move air. It needs to be that high also because it needs to clear the slide outs when brought in for travel.

Now back to furniture.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:28 AM   #7

THOR #3240
Ryan,

With the fans that close to the ceiling, about the only way one can use them is to have the fans on reverse, thus they are drawing air from below and pushing upwards to the ceiling and then to circulate along the ceiling and back down.

While it doesn't seem to make sense, I can literally state that prior to the change to the 5 blade fan, I could never feel the motion of the air. With 5 blades, in essence the fan has 20 to 25 percent more air flow because one extra blade is pushing air. Now, when the fan is running, we can definitely feel the difference. We learned very early that running the fan in reverse is the ONLY way they do any good.

Terry
Old 11-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #8

Model: 38 RSSA
State: Tennessee
THOR #2122
The increased air flow could also be from the difference in blade pitch.

2016 Ford F-350
Keyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:50 AM   #9

THOR #3240
You could be right, Keyspirate. I went looking among my thousands of photos and found one picture of the 4 blade and a few more of the 5 blade. It isn't too easy to tell because the angles of the photos are different, but the 5 blade could have more pitch.

Link to Photos at Photobucket

By the way, your username throws me some. I grew up in the town of Keyes, Oklahoma, and our school's mascot was the Pirates.

Terry
Old 11-18-2015, 03:20 AM   #10

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Keys,

Roughly where are you located in TN? We are just south of Chattanooga...
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote