Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Some folks are just never happy.
They'd even complain, if you hung with with a new rope!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
The "mods" on that forum are the biggest problem. They have their like-minded buddies they look out for.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Diplomacy usually works great on them...

When you consider that it can be defined as, "The art of being able to tell someone to go to Hell... and having them looking forward to the trip!"
Old 06-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #24

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The "mods" on that forum are the biggest problem. They have their like-minded buddies they look out for.
YUP, I am a perfect example of that!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #25

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I've written this idea many times across a few different forums that I participate in...

there seems to be two primary ways that folks tend to regard a forum

in no particular order

1)A bunch of friends sitting around a virtual campfire with their favorite beverage or snack. It's a conversation among folks that a) have a similar interest, and b) have vastly different experiences, opinions, and knowledge. It's a casual thing, a discussion.... and like discussions, they naturally drift...and we might be forced to listen to, or even consider things from a different paradigm than our own. Sometimes the conversation is useful and a person will stick around to throw another log on the fire. Other times a person may stand up, bid everyone a good night, and retire to their tent or RV till breakfast.

2) Reference Source
Wikipedia like. You have a question, or a piece of information...so a post is made, clear concise and to the point. If someone has a follow-up question or further comment, then it's ok to post that but nothing more. Who is to determine if the further comment is worthy? I don't know, but regardless...once the point is made or the question is answered, then it seems like the attitude of this type of thinker is to close the thread, publish the document 'in ink' for future searching, and move on with life.
...and as a side to this, if someone posts the same question that someone else did some time ago, then they are chastised for not using the search tool...as if someone might be if they had entered a new wikepedia page about a thing that already had a page. No duplication, not allowed.

Personally, I take the view #1, the conversation.... but to each, their own opinion they hold.
I'm guessing that the OP apparently looks at them as #2, the reference source....
and in response to the tag line at the bottom of that post...while it was polite and informative, so perhaps it could be considered constructive, I kinda get the feeling that the original post was not "nice"....just the feeling I took away....
Old 06-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #26

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I am happy to see this Forum is becoming MUCH more active. With that we will see people that just want to argue and name call.

Personally I never have or never will block anyone. Even the most destructive can have something to add.
agreed!
When I bought our Thor and joined here it was very slow...only a few posts per week.
and in the many years I've played around on forums, I have yet to see the need to block anyone. Maybe someday I'll have to tell a person to "knock it off with them negative waves" if it's just souring the pot...but I doubt it because in my experience moderators tend to filter out that really bad stuff....
Old 06-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
...there seems to be two primary ways that folks tend to regard a forum
1)A bunch of friends sitting around a virtual campfire with their favorite beverage or snack. It's a conversation among folks that a) have a similar interest, and b) have vastly different experiences, opinions, and knowledge. It's a casual thing, a discussion....
2) Reference Source
Wikipedia like. You have a question, or a piece of information...so a post is made, clear concise and to the point. If someone has a follow-up question or further comment, then it's ok to post that but nothing more.
There's also the folks who think that public forums should be viewed as Gladiator Matches... lots of experts who are willing to defend their views "to the death"...
Old 06-21-2018, 12:38 AM   #28

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Sorry I'm such an idiot. I have spent some time trying to find the answer, but can't. I'm assuming DRV in an acronym. What does it stand for.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:24 AM   #29

Brand: DRV
Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
DRV formerly Double Tree RV founded byDavid Fought back in early 2003. Doubletree Rv LLC is located at 1000 Interchange Dr, Howe, IN, Annual sales of Doubletree Rv LLC was $36,000,000 & around 100 employee(s) working in this company.
Due to a conflict of interest regarding trademark laws DRV, formerly Double Tree RV, decided to change its name. The Double Tree name is also a hotel chain and has no affiliation with the RV industry. Double Tree RV, to avoid any possibility of future conflict and to make its brands entirely distinct and easy to recognize, decided to change their name to DRV. However that is all that has changed. DRV remains committed to the same simple philosophy they have since they first began, “Find out what the consumer wants and exceed their expectations.”

DRV's current product lines consist of; Mobile Suites Aire, Mobile Suites, Elite Suites, Full House.

DRV Suites was acquired by Thor Industries Holdings in 2015.

https://www.thorindustries.com/get-t...the-companies/
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ignore, report