Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
I had my second leak on my Second "KantLeak" at the same. The second leak started about 8 months and 4,000 miles after the First "KantLeak KantFix" valve assembly was replaced. The first leak occurred on the right of the plastic TEE to the Hot Water Heater By-pass valve.

Now I have a piece of cardboard laying below the valve assembly to be checked often for leaks (wet cardboard).

Clay 2016 MS 38PS3
My leak would fine it's way towards the front of the rV and drip out right behind the drivers side front jack. Kept thinking it was from the washer plumbing. Happy that's fixed for now!

Next project is to reconfigure my black and grey plumbing that's exposed right under the RV. The 2" valve no longer closes so I think since I am replacing that with a under RV "T" pull valve I may as well put a new 3" there also.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:51 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #13266
Hello
I have been trying to solve two problems all summer. Water tank won't fill from panel and water pump wont draw from water tank. Found o ring from Kantleak valve wedged in waterline between water tank and panel. Hope this might help some poor soul avoid what I've been through to repair this issue
Old 09-29-2018, 08:56 PM   #23

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPearl View Post
Hello
I have been trying to solve two problems all summer. Water tank won't fill from panel and water pump wont draw from water tank. Found o ring from Kantleak valve wedged in waterline between water tank and panel. Hope this might help some poor soul avoid what I've been through to repair this issue
That was the problem with the old stem design. They would blow seals. This is why they were redesigned.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #24

THOR #4314
rynosback, how were they redesigned?
Old 10-01-2018, 05:34 PM   #25

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf-bears View Post
rynosback, how were they redesigned?
Not really sure. I just know when they sent me a new one about a year and a half ago that they said that they redesigned it.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #26

THOR #4314
Interesting, I got a new valve assembly back in March, installed it and it also leaked and allowed water into the fresh tank. Finally just put a shutoff valve on the water tank fill line. Open it when I use the pump and shut it when I'm hooked the campground water.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:42 PM   #27

Model: Fullhouse JX450
State: Texas
THOR #8939
Front jack leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
My leak would fine it's way towards the front of the rV and drip out right behind the drivers side front jack. Kept thinking it was from the washer plumbing. Happy that's fixed for now!

Next project is to reconfigure my black and grey plumbing that's exposed right under the RV. The 2" valve no longer closes so I think since I am replacing that with a under RV "T" pull valve I may as well put a new 3" there also.
Did you have water dripping onto your front driver’s side jack pad? Maybe I have the same problem....so it was a loose connection around the Kantleak valve hoses?
Old 10-04-2018, 04:21 AM   #28

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Had the same steady drip from the Kantleak valve On our 17 Challenger 37 TB. Bought it with 5045 miles, and it dripped from day one. Bought "pre-owned " so no warranty other than the damaged cargo doors that we made the dealer agree to repair( documented on the sales agreement, as a condition of sale)that's a story for another day . After emailing Anderson they offered to SELL me their NEW AND IMPROVED Kantleak valve for $165 + shipping ! I said that's quite a Racket ya got going on there, selling a faulty part to the Manufacturer, then turning around and selling the repair/replacement part to the end user, BRILLIANT !
I took my Kantleak apart and cleaned GOBS of Blue Plumbers Putty from around all the fittings, and even inside the valves, tefloned all the threaded connectors, hooked it all back up, now my Kantleak, dont Leak ! Suck on that ANDERSON !
Now I'm having a problem getting my Remco 55 Aquajet- ARV water pump to shut off ! I can't find a leak any where.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_122738.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	13219Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_122747.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	13220Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_123400.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	13221Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_140646.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	13222Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_150025.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	13223
Old 10-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #29

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Did you have water dripping onto your front driver’s side jack pad? Maybe I have the same problem....so it was a loose connection around the Kantleak valve hoses?

The slow drip found its way forward and dripped just behind the front ram on the drivers side. I originally thought it may have been from washing machine plumbing. The blue hose in the middle, the brass fitting was loose going into the plastic valve body. After tightening that the black connector needs to be re tightened to the brass fitting.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #30

THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
The slow drip found its way forward and dripped just behind the front ram on the drivers side. I originally thought it may have been from washing machine plumbing. The blue hose in the middle, the brass fitting was loose going into the plastic valve body. After tightening that the black connector needs to be re tightened to the brass fitting.

When I took mine completely apart both the plastic valve body and the tee were caked with globs of that Blue Plumbers Putty !
Old 10-17-2018, 04:34 AM   #31

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Illinois
THOR #12121
I have an email in to Anderson and after 2 days there is no reply. So many have spoken of great service. Any idea how long I may have to wait for that service?

Joe
Distinguished Rifle #1506
NRA Highmaster
jpjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #32

THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjr758 View Post
When I took mine completely apart both the plastic valve body and the tee were caked with globs of that Blue Plumbers Putty !
I cleaned all areas of all the plastic, and brass fittings, applied Teflon tape reassembled been out twice no leaks! Still can't get the pump to shut off.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:01 PM   #33

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
I got an email response this week.

“I received your inquiry from Anderson Brass. I am a distributor for them, and handle their RV product technical support. I’d love to help you solve your problem, but.....”

Been playing phone tag since

Now it is always filling the tank.
1 day on park water
2 days using the noisy pump
Repeat
Old 10-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #34

Model: Hurricane
State: Alabama
THOR #7745
I had the same problem with my fresh water tank overfilling while on city water it's the o rings on the main valve ther should be a shut off valve on the fresh water tank or there was one on the supply side of mine you can turn it off and stop the tank from filling also it can make u think you have a bad pump if you decide to use tank instead of city water the pressure bleeds off and pump keeps coming on.the new valve was $20 I bought 2 from there dealer in Florida don't remember the name I googled it but it only took about 15 min to replace it had good instructions he said they were coming out with a new replacement made of brass
Old 10-22-2018, 01:06 AM   #35

THOR #9431
I’ve been hearing about the new version for over a year now.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:12 AM   #36

THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
I’ve been hearing about the new version for over a year now.
They offered to Sell me the New and Improved Kantleak panel for $165 ! I said quite a Rackett you have going on! Sell the Manufactures a faulty component, then charge the end Consumer for the fix ! Brilliant !
Old 10-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #37

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjr758 View Post
They offered to Sell me the New and Improved Kantleak panel for $165 ! I said quite a Rackett you have going on! Sell the Manufactures a faulty component, then charge the end Consumer for the fix ! Brilliant !

I finally talked the distributer for willleak today.

I was told the new valve is still not available, but when it is the plastic version will no longer be available or serviceable.

There are apparently multiple versions. Black handles, red or blue handles, brass jam nuts, chrome jam nuts etc.

They want me to go through the dealer or manufacturer for warranty issues on a 5 month old RV.

They might be willing to help if I supply them with the number from the RIVA decal.

As far as I know, our DRV never had a RIVA decal.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:20 PM   #38

THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
I finally talked the distributer for willleak today.

I was told the new valve is still not available, but when it is the plastic version will no longer be available or serviceable.

There are apparently multiple versions. Black handles, red or blue handles, brass jam nuts, chrome jam nuts etc.

They want me to go through the dealer or manufacturer for warranty issues on a 5 month old RV.

They might be willing to help if I supply them with the number from the RIVA decal.

As far as I know, our DRV never had a RIVA decal.
Very interesting, as it seems their story keeps changing! They wanted me to " ORDER " the NEW valve Panel with the redesigned valves when I emailed them. Not sure what to believe ! Anyway mine no longer leaks, I just can't get the pump to shut off. It gets close to cutting off, but never quite does. I read somewhere, someone found a small crack in the filter cap, that was allowing theirs to suck air, and not shut off. Got to check that possiblity !
Old 11-09-2018, 04:49 AM   #39

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Illinois
THOR #12121
A good samaritan gave me a new Kantleak manifold and it was installed last week. We still have a small leak coming from the brass t-fitting. I put a 40-50 psi regulator on the supply hose as well as our water softener which combined has drastically reduced water pressure which in turn has slowed the leak. An email sent to Anderson several weeks ago has not been returned. I'm half tempted to spray some of that "as seen on TV" spray sealant on the damn thing to stop the leak.

Joe
Distinguished Rifle #1506
NRA Highmaster
jpjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:46 PM   #40

Model: MS 40-KSSB4
THOR #13233
I had same issue. After dealer fixed it, the DRV Rep told me that you must relieve water pressure from the valve before rotating the level. He said turn water supply off, open the sprayer hose to drain and then go inside nd open one of the faucets. Then the switch can be changed. Failure to do so causes the O-Rings to move out of place.

Dunno.