Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2018, 01:59 AM   #41

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #3109
Somewhere, there was a post about rebuilding these valves--mine is leaking when I turn it, and the 'clicks' for in position no longer work. Anyone have a link to the rebuild instructions?
Thanks,
Joe

2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:47 AM   #42

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
Will leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRWGN View Post
I had same issue. After dealer fixed it, the DRV Rep told me that you must relieve water pressure from the valve before rotating the level. He said turn water supply off, open the sprayer hose to drain and then go inside nd open one of the faucets. Then the switch can be changed. Failure to do so causes the O-Rings to move out of place.

Dunno.
Thats what Slade told me to do also,during our p.d.i.relieve line pressure before making a selection.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:00 PM   #43

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRWGN View Post
you must relieve water pressure from the valve before rotating the level. He said turn water supply off, open the sprayer hose to drain and then go inside nd open one of the faucets. Then the switch can be changed. Failure to do so causes the O-Rings to move out of place.

In a conversation with Anderson I was told you do not have to relieve the pressure to turn the valve. It should cause the o-rings to fail.

In a conversation with the distributer for all Anderson products I was told you do not have to relieve the pressure to turn the valve. It should cause the o-rings to fail.
(RNO Distributors https://www.rnodistributors.com/)

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:38 AM   #44

THOR #3109
Port,
Not following the wording--"do not have to relieve pressure" But then "it should cause the O-rings to fail"...

Sure is a pain that every time I change the valve position, need to relieve pressure on BOTH sides?
2017 F450 KR
Old 11-17-2018, 05:19 PM   #45

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Port,
Not following the wording--"do not have to relieve pressure" But then "it should cause the O-rings to fail"...

Sure is a pain that every time I change the valve position, need to relieve pressure on BOTH sides?

You can't edit a post after a period of time - so correcting is a bit of an issue.
The error was on both lines because all I did was a cut and paste since I got the same answer from both Anderson BRASS and the distributer.

Try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
In a conversation with Anderson I was told you do not have to relieve the pressure to turn the valve. It should NOT cause the o-rings to fail by turning the selector with water pressure on the valve.

In a conversation with the distributer for all Anderson products I was told you do not have to relieve the pressure to turn the valve. It should NOT cause the o-rings to fail by turning the selector with water pressure on the valve.

(RNO Distributors https://www.rnodistributors.com/)

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 11-18-2018, 12:58 AM   #46

THOR #3109
Thank you for clearing that up--just beginning to figure out what to do with my valve, that seems to be approaching failure tho it is working ok.
2017 F450 KR
Old 11-20-2018, 04:58 AM   #47

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Illinois
THOR #12121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
You can't edit a post after a period of time - so correcting is a bit of an issue.
The error was on both lines because all I did was a cut and paste since I got the same answer from both Anderson BRASS and the distributer.

Try this.

Now I don't know what the he!! to do.....

Joe

fyi... mobile service tech was here for a 2nd time trying to right the wrongs with my replacement Kantleak manifold.
Distinguished Rifle #1506
NRA Highmaster
jpjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #48

THOR #12121
Repair tech has now been here 3 times. This POS will not stop leaking. Anderson hasn't returned an email. This is no longer just and irritation.

Joe
NRA Highmaster
Old 11-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #49

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjulian View Post
Repair tech has now been here 3 times. This POS will not stop leaking. Anderson hasn't returned an email. This is no longer just and irritation.

Joe

This is the outfit that is the distributer for anderson

I received your inquiry from Anderson Brass. I am a distributor for them, and handle their RV product technical support. I’d love to help you solve your problem, but I’m going to need some information in order to do so, and it might be easiest if you could call me so we can talk through and troubleshoot that way. If you don’t prefer to talk over the phone, we certainly can continue via email, just let me know. Please give me a call at the number listed below, or send me an email back if you prefer.

Thank you,

Sabrina Swan
RNO Distributors
843-917-4103
www.rnodistributors.com

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 11-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #50

THOR #3109
I sent Anderson an email and got nothing back from them, but got a voicemail message from this same RNO outfit, stating the same as above. Have not gotten back to them, but just sent an email to RNO about the valve. Will see what I get back.
Seems like any product that has "Never" or "Kant" doesn't live up to its hype.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
Old 12-01-2018, 04:23 AM   #51

THOR #12121
I also sent an email to and got a reply from Sabrina Swan. She asked for pics to ID the model of the panel. I did send a pic of the front but not the backside as my phone won't focus so close. We are now leaking about a pint a day and the last I heard from Ms. Swan was 3 days ago. I asked for a new water panel as I don't think this one can be fixed. I am catching as much of the leak as I can but am still concerned about mold, rot and delamination.

Joe
NRA Highmaster
Old 12-01-2018, 07:12 AM   #52

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:

Joe
Are you not still under warranty? Mine leaked and DRV sent me another complete unit.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #53

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Not anything to rot or mold. If you are concerned remove the insulation below. It's all steel and aluminum under the valve.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:53 AM   #54

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Not anything to rot or mold. If you are concerned remove the insulation below. It's all steel and aluminum under the valve.
I think there is a piece of wood just under the valve Ron.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:41 AM   #55

THOR #12121
Yeah!! After speaking with Sabrina @ RNOdistributors.com our water panel is going to be replaced. I have to pony up for the labor up front but may be able to be reimbursed under warranty. I don't care. I'm looking forward to having a leak-free unit. Sabrina also said the newly designed panel, all brass, should be available sometime after 01/19 and priced at about $200. The new panel will have a 5 year warranty. Good. Lets fix this leaking BS and be over it.

Joe
NRA Highmaster
Old 12-05-2018, 04:14 AM   #56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
A good samaritan gave me a new Kantleak manifold and it was installed last week. We still have a small leak coming from the brass t-fitting. I put a 40-50 psi regulator on the supply hose as well as our water softener which combined has drastically reduced water pressure which in turn has slowed the leak. An email sent to Anderson several weeks ago has not been returned. I'm half tempted to spray some of that "as seen on TV" spray sealant on the damn thing to stop the leak.

Joe
I to had the annoying drip from that fitting. I took out the whole manifold, took all the fittings apart, cleaned the blue plumber's putty or whatever it is, from all the threads and from inside the valve bodies ! The blue gunk was Everywhere, on thread globs inside the fittings, I'm surprised it wasn't stopped up.
After I cleaned all that up, and insured all the Male, and female threads were spotless, I applied a Liberal ( uh hate using that word) amount of Teflon Tape to all Male threads. Put it all back together, and no leak after 3 two week trips !
As you can see I numbered each fitting and corresponding hose/connection, because I knew I would probably forget what went where.
So far I haven't had the fresh water tank filling when set to City Water problem , YET.
I told ANDERSON, they have a Great Racket going on, selling a faulty part to the Manufacturer, and charging the End User for the repair part ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_140646.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	14465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_122747.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	14466Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180727_150025.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	14467
Old 12-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #57

THOR #9431
Quote:
Yeah!! After speaking with Sabrina @ RNOdistributors.com our water panel is going to be replaced.
Under warranty?

They would not replace mine at a few months old.
They want DRV (or dealer) to confirm and replace.

Problems with that:
Not going back to the dealer
Not going to DRV until January 2019
The leaks do not leak all the time

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 12-06-2018, 02:45 AM   #58

Model: Memphis
THOR #2341
I've got a spare panel and 2 needle valves with O-rings. I've thought about removing it and replumbing the setup. Do a city connection and a tank fill. Put a Y on the front side and turn on whichever one you want. That's the way the Carrilite was and I never had to mess with this nonsense..... A neighbor knocks on the door.... "You have water running out of your trailer"... Tank has filled and overflowed.... AGAIN
Old 12-06-2018, 04:26 AM   #59

THOR #12121
As I stated earlier, I contacted Anderson and they did not reply to my email. Yet, a couple days ago they sent me a Christmas card via email, so they know we exist. After waiting 6 days i sent another email to Sabrina Swan at RNO Distributors which she followed up with a phone call. She contacted Anderson and they agreed to replace my Kantleak panel. I should receive the new panel in a few days. Thank you Sabrina. The new panel is slightly different than my current one as the current one is no longer available. Go figure. The newly designed panel with all brass fittings will be available about January '19 and will sell for ~$200 with a 5-year warranty. I am going to pay for the labor and see if I can get reimbursed under warranty. I don't really care about the labor charge, I just want the leak fixed.

FYI... Sabrina said the 4-way valve is designed to be turned under pressure and that there is no need to remove water pressure before making a change. She also said that instruction to relieve all pressure to the valve was originally posted online by a competing company to disparage Anderson. Take this for what you will, but it is what she told me today.

Joe
NRA Highmaster
Old 12-06-2018, 05:39 AM   #60

THOR #1658
Quote:
As I stated earlier, I contacted Anderson and they did not reply to my email. Yet, a couple days ago they sent me a Christmas card via email, so they know we exist. After waiting 6 days i sent another email to Sabrina Swan at RNO Distributors which she followed up with a phone call. She contacted Anderson and they agreed to replace my Kantleak panel. I should receive the new panel in a few days. Thank you Sabrina. The new panel is slightly different than my current one as the current one is no longer available. Go figure. The newly designed panel with all brass fittings will be available about January '19 and will sell for ~$200 with a 5-year warranty. I am going to pay for the labor and see if I can get reimbursed under warranty. I don't really care about the labor charge, I just want the leak fixed.

FYI... Sabrina said the 4-way valve is designed to be turned under pressure and that there is no need to remove water pressure before making a change. She also said that instruction to relieve all pressure to the valve was originally posted online by a competing company to disparage Anderson. Take this for what you will, but it is what she told me today.

Joe
Glad to hear that they are sending you a new unit. Are you getting the new brass unit?
I personally do not care about what anyone says. I relieve the water pressure on both sides when changing the valves position. Takes 2 seconds. Turn the valve on the water softener, bang on the slide and say OK. Wife opens faucet, hot and cold. Yells OK. I switch and then turn the valve on the water softener. It might be designed to handle the pressure but if you choose not to do it that way, I would think it would last longer.
I hope that your leak gets fixed soon.