Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2017, 02:57 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by classichammond View Post
We summer at Riverbend Resort just west of Watertown........own a site there for 4 or 5 years now. We are originally from the Milwaukee area.
A guy we used to store our RV with in Kenosha has a place at Riverbend. Maybe you know him, Bud D. I think he said he now has a park model in there and winters in Lake Havasu.

Small world, we actually live in Oak Creek.

Dan

Old 04-15-2017, 04:38 AM   #22

Model: Dallas
THOR #2170
I moved to Franklin in 79........sold our house 2 years ago........taught at Oak Creek High School. I think I know Bud......he's.....interesting
Old 04-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #23

THOR #3221
OMG! I graduated from to OCHS, my wife graduated from OCHS! In 2000 our daughter graduated from OCHS! Perhaps our paths have crossed.... :cool smiley:

Dan
Old 04-18-2017, 03:11 AM   #24

THOR #3221
Update on my level up problem. Well we made it all the way from Santa Fe to Waterloo Iowa today before reality reared it’s ugly head again. Today when we pulled into the Waterloo KOA we noticed the off door side front jack had drifted half way down. When we got to our site I checked the fluid level in the hydraulic tank before dropping any jacks or running the slides out, level was where it should be. So after checking the level I did what Bob at Roberts RV Repair suggested to do, run the the front jacks down till they just touch the ground, retract them fully, run them back down to just touch again, retract again then I ran them down fully and pulled the truck out from under the RV and as of tonight no “popping” sounds or down drifting at all. We dropped the trailer at 1:00 pm so the jacks are holding so far.

After setting up I call Lippert Customer Service and talked to a tech guy about how we’ve been having troubles on this trip and described all of our recent experiences. His answer was “well as I see it you have two issues going on, one is you have a bad seal in one or both of your front jacks that needs to be addressed soon”. I asked him where could I go to have my problem addressed, he suggested a Camping World anywhere as they work closely with Camping World and they’d be able to help me. I asked if I could bring it to them and he said I could if I felt like driving that far. Really?????
The second issue he told me I have is a “stiction” problem and all I’d have to do is go pick up some anti stiction fluid (Harley Davidson fork oil) and add some and that would take care of all my “popping” noises. Lippert isn’t too helpful for me today so I’m going to keep my appointment with Roberts RV in early May, have my jacks rebuilt and be done with it.

Dan
Old 04-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #25

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
I feel your pain. Had Robert rebuild ours a year ago. Good guy and a fair price.
He told me I could come down there and he would fix them, or I could go to Lippert and get new factory ones, and them come see him and get them fixed correctly. I took the path of least resistance.
Actually Waterloo isn't that far from Goeshen, But Robert's is a far better choice.

Bill
Old 04-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #26

THOR #3221
Thanks for your support Bill, Bob essentially said the SAME exact thing to me, almost verbatim. I can “try” and get replacement cylinders (from Lippert) and they may or may not hold up. He went on to explain how he rebuilds the cylinders and installs (his words) “commercial grade” seals and that’s the end of the troubles. I found it interesting how he claimed he talked to DRV and Lippert about the inherent front jack problem and they pretty much blew him off down-playing the problem when we as Suites owners know these trailers are “heavy” on the pin, DRV knows that but chooses to ignore the problem.

When I first contacted Roberts RV Repair, initially talking to his wife, she knew exactly what we were going through because she had told me they have a Suites too and they themselves went through the same problems we were experiencing and that’s how Bob has developed his business to this point. I feel confident that after our visit in May with Roberts RV Repair all of this “drama” will be behind us once and for all.

We’re on our way home from here in Waterloo and it’s going to be a few weeks before I can get the trailer into Roberts, he’s booked solid as I did ask him about running straight to Moores Hill from Santa Fe but (early) May was the earliest he could get me so we took what we could get.

Dan
Old 04-19-2017, 02:58 AM   #27

Model: 36rssb
THOR #3288
Quote:
Originally Posted by classichammond View Post
We summer at Riverbend Resort just west of Watertown........own a site there for 4 or 5 years now. We are originally from the Milwaukee area.
Riverbend is a nice park,off of the beaten path!!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 PM   #28

THOR #3221
Well we made it home without incident. …Well almost no incident, we stopped about two thirds of the way home for a lunch stop. The front jacks were completely up at that point BUT by the time we arrived in front of our house the off door side was about a fourth of the way down again! We definately have a seal issue going on! I’m just thankful we made it home.

Again I did the “reseat the seals” trick Bob coached me on and set the trailer down. I’m going to keep an eye on it over the next few weeks until it’s time to head to Moores Hill IN for our badly needed rebuild. It’ll be interesting to see if the coach drifts down on it’s own at the storage yard. I have plenty of blocking available here should it start drifting. The place we store our RV is only a mile from the house so I’ll be able to easily monitor the situation.

Dan
Old 05-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #29

Model: 36RSSB3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4763
Newer update... last Thursday, my wife saw an advertisement for LIPPERT, I took her home and told them that theirs was the worse Hydraulic system I've dealt with.. next morning I got an email.. and the calls started😀. A gentleman by the name of Scott has set me up to take my 5er to Holiday World in Willis TX, about an hours drive from here.. an LCI tech is going to replace both front Rams with new 14 K jacks and try to get me all squared away with levelers and slides functioning properly.. I've got my fingers crossed and will will let you know how it goes... The guy has called 3-4 times setting this up for me, so feeling pretty good about them getting it fixed

Jim
Old 05-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #30

THOR #3221
That's good news Jim! When I called Lippert they pretty told me to go pound sand. I see Roberts in a couple of weeks and I'm excited to get my jacks fixed.

Sounds like Lippert stepped up to the plate for ya.

Dan
Old 05-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #31

THOR #2170
My appointment at Roberts is next next week Thursday. I might call Lippert and ask for the guy. Last time I called I was told my 2014 was old. I told him I know I'm not the only one with the problem. He blew me off too.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #32

THOR #4763
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
That's good news Jim! When I called Lippert they pretty told me to go pound sand. I see Roberts in a couple of weeks and I'm excited to get my jacks fixed.

Sounds like Lippert stepped up to the plate for ya.

Dan
Funny thing is, I never called them... I commented on their advertisement on FB and they called me.

I hope it gets fixed... goes in this morning, Will follow up with end results.

Jim
Old 05-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #33

THOR #2170
Who's advertisement? Does Thor or DRV run an advertisement or was it a dealer?
Old 05-03-2017, 02:04 PM   #34

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
NC has a way with words!!!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #35

THOR #3221
Yeah, apparently.......

Dan
Old 05-03-2017, 06:06 PM   #36

THOR #4763
Lippert had an advertisement on FB and I, more or less, slammed them... next thing I know, I get an answer, an email and phone calls.. dropped unit off today at Holiday World in Willis TX, Lippert/ LCI TEch will be working on it .... they even say they want to have it back to me Friday.... pretty ambitious? though I won't hold my breath.. Treated me very nicely in communication over the phone and emails and got this set up just since last Thursday morning..Wife and I are praying this will fix our issue

I'll follow up
Jim
Old 05-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #37

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Hope it works out...

https://www.pissedconsumer.com/holid...katy/RT-F.html

http://rvservicereviews.com/ReviewDe...h=&CategoryID=
Old 05-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #38

THOR #3221
Jim,
I can't wait to hear how your repair went. You've had quite a bit of trouble, more than us for sure. I just hope it gets done right this time for ya, time will tell right?

Tom, I'm anxious to hear how your rebuild goes as well. Our appointment at Roberts is for Wednesday May 17th. I'm hoping that visit goes well.

Kind of hard to put a price on peace of mind isn't it? LOL

Dan
Old 05-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #39

THOR #4763
The repairs were done by Ron McCoy from LCI, he put brand new 14k Rams on both sides up front.. completely new configuration. I took a pic, but evidently too stupid to post it! Everything works great right now.. He did work in about a day and a half... guy knows what he's doing.. as stated, time will tell

Jim
Old 05-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #40

THOR #3221
That's great news Jim. I hope you issues have come to a close!

I'm happy for you, now you'll sleep a little better.

Dan