Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2017, 12:47 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Level Up Problems: UPDATE

I just wanted to update people here. We were having problems with our level up system on our MS. I had an appointment set for last month to have our front jacks rebuilt by Roberts Quality RV Repair. While on the the way my wife and I decided to have some unrelated work done on our Suites at Twin Lakes RV in LaGrange IN.

We stayed in Shipshewana for the first evening and a guy with a MS spotted the blocks under our front jacks and asked why our trailer was on blocks... so I explained our situation. This guy "urged" me to call Lippert as he had just had his unit in to Lippert the week before for jack replacement at NO COAST to him! Later that evening this same guy came by again with another gentleman (also an MS owner), they both STRONGLY urged me to call Lippert but this time they gave me a contact name. I thought I'd try once more, what did I have to loose? Well I was put in contact with Josh Northham at Lippert and he assured me my jacks would be replaced and at NO CHARGE to me! So day before yesterday we were at Lippert at 7:00 am and as promised our jacks were replaced and it was N/C. The new rams are way different then the old ones, I'm looking forward to not stressing out over the front jacks.

Josh told us when we made the appointment it would take two days to complete but when dropping off the RV the tech that was going to do the work on it told me had a "good feeling" about our job and he thought he might be finished by 3:30. Around 2:00 or so we decided to drop in to see how the job was going, to my amazement they were just wrapping up the work! We were headed home after paper work and re-loading some of our "stuff" back into the basement by 3:00 pm!

Life is good now.

Dan

Old 06-10-2017, 12:54 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
That is Great customer service!!!
Old 06-10-2017, 03:39 AM   #3

Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
Awesome update.
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

State: Alabama
THOR #3543
Not had a problem with our front jacks to date but did go to Lippert this spring and them serviced. Drained and replaced the fluid with their fresh mixture, checked all fittings and tightened on loose one. Would be interested in the year of your MS. Did have the older style front jacks with the larger steel cover over the ram itself?

FS
Old 06-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #5

THOR #3221
We have a 2015 MS 38RSSA. When I contacted Josh at Lippert he wanted to know the year of our MS, the vin and the date we purchased our unit. The second guy that came over to our unit in the Shipshewana campground (sorry I can't remember his name) had a '11 MS and he was told by Lippert they would replace his jacks at no cost to him as well. That's what inspired me to call Lippert for the second time! Between him and "Hero Marker", with that contact name was I able to get somewhere with Lippert.

If you look at that original thread and view NC Hauler's pictures that Cummins12v98 posted for him, thats EXACTLY the same set up as what was installed in our trailer this week.

Dan
Old 06-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #6

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Really happy that worked out for you.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #7

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Glad to hear that you got it all fixed Dan.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #8

THOR #3221
Thanks Ron, thanks Ryan. I can't believe how simple it was to get this work done once I talked to the right person. Earlier in the year I had called Lippert and talked with a gentleman that wanted to "trouble shoot" my situation. At that time I inquired about some sort of warranty coverage and that's when that guy basically said "no". That's why I scheduled an appointment at Roberts Quality RV Repair.

Once I talked to the right individual it was all down hill from there. I couldn't be happier with the out-come of this experience.

Dan
Old 06-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #9

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
Thanks Ron, thanks Ryan. I can't believe how simple it was to get this work done once I talked to the right person. Earlier in the year I had called Lippert and talked with a gentleman that wanted to "trouble shoot" my situation. At that time I inquired about some sort of warranty coverage and that's when that guy basically said "no". That's why I scheduled an appointment at Roberts Quality RV Repair.

Once I talked to the right individual it was all down hill from there. I couldn't be happier with the out-come of this experience.

Dan
It is always about talking to the right person Dan. The tough part is finding the right person.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #10

THOR #3221
It just dawned on me..... You guys might like to see what my "new legs" look like.

The jacks are way different looking than the old ones. The tech that installed them told us these are 14k rated jacks, we shouldn't have ANY more troubles. I hope not anyway.

Dan
Old 06-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #11

THOR #3543
Did you originally have the old style?

FS
Old 06-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #12

THOR #3221
Yes, we had the old style that were clad in galvanized steel tubes.

Dan
Old 06-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #13

THOR #1661
The one thing that I DON'T like is they are mounted so darn low. Maybe that's not a big deal???

I will be having a Machinist friend rebuild mine this summer and also figure a way to eliminate the movement between the outer galvanized sleeve and the ram it's self. I have had zero issue but I really don't want to either!!!

Do you have Josh Northham's # ?

Here is DRV's first front living unit ever. Look how close the ram pad will get to the underside.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #14

THOR #3221
Funny you should mention that clearance Ron, when the tech saw I have a "newer" RAM he commented he was going to have to mount the rams lower because of it. I haven't tried extending the rams all the way down (trailer up) but from what I can see the travel on these new rams is significantly less then the originals. I may have to make a couple more blocks just for the fronts.

Dan
Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #15

Model: Mobile Suite 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #3749
Was wondering what issues you were having with jacks? Also phone number of contact? What plant Location # did you use for service ?
I'm having a drifting issue with mine while traveling.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #16

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
Funny you should mention that clearance Ron, when the tech saw I have a "newer" RAM he commented he was going to have to mount the rams lower because of it. I haven't tried extending the rams all the way down (trailer up) but from what I can see the travel on these new rams is significantly less then the originals. I may have to make a couple more blocks just for the fronts.

Dan
I made these to help with the slop/movement with the front landing gear. I also dit them because of the 3" risers MORryde added.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:59 PM   #17

THOR #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbender View Post
Was wondering what issues you were having with jacks? Also phone number of contact? What plant Location # did you use for service ?
I'm having a drifting issue with mine while traveling.
Our trailer would't stay up (level) once we dropped it, sometimes it would stay level for a day or two and sometimes as soon as we dropped it it would start drifting down. Towards the end of the ordeal our jacks would drift down as we traveled down the road. While on our way to go to Indiana a few weeks ago we had to stop about every hour and bring the front jacks up. In about an hour the off door side would drop about 8" to 10". Sucked BIG time and very aggravating to say the least.

Call Lippert's customer service 574-537-8900 and ask to speak to Josh Northam, he's the "man" taking care of DRV claims for the Level Up system. Josh will instruct you as to what building to report to. It's on Century Drive in Goshen. BTW there's a TON of LCI plants in the area!

Good luck, I'd say call Mr. Northam and talk to him......

Dan
Old 06-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #18

State: Michigan
THOR #5558
We purchased a used 2016 38RSSA last fall. The original owner also had the front jacks replaced at Lippert under warranty. They installed the 14K Lb jacks, but had to re-engineer the mounting brackets on the frame. Because of this, our front jacks no longer have the 5 degree outward angle. Did they eliminate the angle on your new jacks as well? So far, we love the DRV.

Mark
Old 06-12-2017, 11:53 PM   #19

Model: 36RSSB3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4763
It's amazing how quickly it got done, once I posted how bad Lippert was on FB.. Ron McCoy a highly skilled Service Tech did mine and a day and a half, and as stated by the OP.. entirely different look on front Rams.. even got rid of some of the hydraulics... Great job by Lippert, it was greatly appreciated.

Glad you got yours fixed dapperdan. Nice pictures, same as mine..

Don't have the 5 degree angle with new set up.. Rams are easily long enough for me to raise 5er high enough to hook up and unhook from my truck
Old 06-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #20

THOR #3543
Learned something yesterday. New or old style, best to exercise jacks in and out every 4 to six weeks to keep seals lubricated. Not a problem if traveling but at a destination sight it might be. This is from Lippert.

FS